Done / Completed Tenth Doctor Who David Tennant Sonic Screwdriver Replica Kit

Sybernettik

Hello everyone! I recently designed a David Tennant Sonic Screwdriver and had one machined in aluminium. The parts turned out great and gathered a lot of interest on my build thread, so I have decided to start a run.

The sonic will be sold as a kit of parts priced at £250 + shipping. I may also be selling some prebuilt with electronics (and potentially crackle paint) for an extra fee. I am thinking of working on a soundboard with multiple sounds depending on the number of button clicks.

If you are interested in buying one of these, please state how many you would like when you post here.

Please feel free to DM me or ask any questions here in this thread :D

Attachments

• Sonic Assembled Potrait.jpg
    Sonic Assembled Potrait.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 655
  • Sonic Assembly Video.mp4
    17.2 MB
  • Sonic Parts.jpg
    Sonic Parts.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 609
Last edited:
Do you think you'll be doing the wiring visible in the clear part in the prebuilt run? Hype for the soundboard

When you say wiring visible, I assume you mean the 2 yellow twisted wires. If so then yes they will be visible, I intend to make it as accurate as to the original prop as possible.

I also have a lot of ideas for the soundboard, though the limited space will be tricky to work with, but I have some workarounds planned ;)

Would it be possible to do an Eccleston 9th Doctor version with this too? I'm no expert, but I think the main differences are red and black wires, paint color and maybe the slider.

Would it be possible to do an Eccleston 9th Doctor version with this too? I'm no expert, but I think the main differences are red and black wires, paint color and maybe the slider.

Well, it would definitely be possible. However there are still other differences between the 2, for example the shape of the ridges and some dimensions of the tail and end cap.

If I were to do an Eccleston version, I would like to make it as accurate as possible. So I would probably do a separate run in the near future if this goes well. After all I do want to complete a full collection of every variant of Sonic for myself too.

Although I'm sure lots of people here would be able to easily modify the sonic they got. I suppose I could do red and black wires paired with some platikote/valspar. However I wouldn't be able to expand the slider for a wide slider variant or modify the actual electronics section. If you have any ideas about how i could potentially go about this then I'm all ears :D

I'm obliged to link terrasolo's brilliant summary of the various RTD era screwdrivers for those curious about all of the differences: The RTD Era Sonic Screwdriver: A Compiled History

Though I think for most people, if they do think of Eccleston and Tennant's screwdrivers being different, the wires and paint (and possibly the slider) are the things they are aware of, so you could get away the mods Sybernettik has mentioned.

I'm obliged to link terrasolo's brilliant summary of the various RTD era screwdrivers for those curious about all of the differences: The RTD Era Sonic Screwdriver: A Compiled History

Though I think for most people, if they do think of Eccleston and Tennant's screwdrivers being different, the wires and paint (and possibly the slider) are the things they are aware of, so you could get away the mods Sybernettik has mentioned.

Ah yes, this guide was very helpful in finding some good images to help make CAD models and also to find out which models can be reused for different variants. I feel really lucky to have had so many people already work hard on finding out as much info as they could on the hero props!

Holy shizzle dude, I’m interested but it would be damned near tax time before I got the $$$, unless of course I am successful at this side business I’m about to do [emoji1787]

Okay guys, its been a while. But progress has been made! Since interest hasn't been as large as I would have liked. I have a small amount of sonics to sell (I am selling through another platform too, so I can't say for sure how many I have to offer here, but I have in the ballpark of 10 left). Each is priced at £250. Shipping to the UK will be £10, and shipping to the US will be £20. Any other countries will have to give me their address so I can calculate shipping prices for them. Currently I don't have electronics made, although I'm still working on them. If I gain enough interest for them I will speed up my work on them.

As for the sonic, I have completely revised the design. Most parts thread together, with minimal gluing required. I have also made the ridges more accurate and have made the teeth fit perfectly.

Please feel free to ask me any questions here! Sonics will be first come first serve!

Edit:
Be sure to check out the assembly video!

Attachments

• IMG_20201024_133020_978.jpg
    IMG_20201024_133020_978.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_20201022_205308_613.jpg
    IMG_20201022_205308_613.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 295
  • VID_31601002_032518_085.mp4
    17.2 MB
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back