Ted (Post-release)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Scareb, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

2. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Re: Ted

I saw the ad for it on tv during American Dad, looks okay. This is the movie Seth McFarlane haggled with fox over and gave them the last Family guy starwars in trade for them backing it.

3. Lear60man

Lear60man Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Im looking forward to it. The rated R trailer is hilarious.

4. Werstrooper

Werstrooper Well-Known Member

Aaaandd yeah that looks funny.

5. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

:lol :lol

6. epilepticsquirl

epilepticsquirl Sr Member

Allright, that made me laugh. :lol

7. .:MirrorminD:.

.:MirrorminD:. Sr Member

I cant wait for this, ever since I first read about it. And Im definitely in the minority in liking Mark Walberg movies.

8. Flagg

Flagg Sr Member

I knew nothing about this going in to the trailer and it made me laugh. I'll end up seeing this one for sure.

9. Riceball

Riceball Sr Member

Saw the trailer a while back and I think that the movie looks to be really funny and I probably will see it. The million dollar question is, anybody here going to work on making a replica of Ted?

10. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

Yes?..... Oh. It's a MOVIE called Ted.

11. Riceball

Riceball Sr Member

You should watch the red band trailer then, you should be able to get a much better impression of what the movie will be like by watching that trailer instead of the watered down green band

12. Ghadrack

Ghadrack Sr Member

For the record I love his shows, but there was a pretty funny diatribe hating on his, One Trick Pony, Something that shouldn't be able to talk interacting with People, schtick that made me stop and think for a minute, "oh yeah, that is kinda the gag in most of his shows.

I don't care though, as long as I find them funny, guess what. I'll keep watching and laughing. Who cares what the cool kids think.

13. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

all of his shows have the same concept

kinda stupid dad, aged once good looking mom, strange daughter, disturbing teenage son, some talking animal, and a baby with abilities above his age(or roger)

still funny tho

14. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

Just got back from seeing Ted. Definitely some good laughs..a good movie. Walberg's acting with a CG character was great! All the interactions were well done.

Some great 80's references...a couple Indy nods...lots of celebrities, and a big slap in the face to..

Brandon Routh's portrayal of Superman.

Also the guy who played..
    Flash Gordon in the 80's is in it.

If the trailer makes you laugh you'll enjoy it.
    Two Paws up!

15. AggieChick42

AggieChick42 Active Member

oh thanks for doing to spoilers like that! I've been wanting to see it.. husband is so-so about it!

16. Scareb

Scareb Sr Member

I'm pretty pumped for this film, I saw the red band featurette on Yahoo a couple hours ago and I was killing myself laughing.

17. JoMamma_Smurf

JoMamma_Smurf Master Member

I'll be seeing it for sure with the future Mrs. She laughed her * off at the trailers.

18. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looking forward to this one!

19. El Duderino

El Duderino Sr Member

Ted

I'm surprised there hasn't been any threads yet, anyone go see it? I'm dying to hear a review.

20. EvilRocketeer

EvilRocketeer Sr Member

Besides he stole the idea from a cartoon strip?

Another idea stolen by McFarlane

21. JasonCash

JasonCash Well-Known Member

My Lady and I saw it Friday night, we laughed the entire time. Yeah some old jokes and some you can see coming a mile away but darnit I was entertained.

22. letmebestormy

letmebestormy Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Played as a 1hr, 45min live action Family Guy. Uses exact same style of jokes, flashbacks, and editing. No one is safe. The major difference is this movie has heart whereas Family Guy goes for the jugular with little to no heart.

I can't remember the last time I was in a theatre with RAUCOUS laughter. This movie suffered the same fate as many Family Guy episodes - you miss jokes because you couldn't stop laughing at the joke that preceded it.

Liked it a lot. Will definitely watch it again.

23. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

:lol Loved this one! :lol

24. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

A lot of laugh out loud moments. I enjoyed it as did every other person laughing in the theatre.

25. TraumaCaspian

TraumaCaspian New Member

It was so funny, like others have said if you enjoy Family Guy or American Dad then you will more then likely like this. This film is just full of so many one-liner moments that just kept me constantly laughing.

What I love about family guy is how they always talk about pop culture references and Ted does just the same thing, I would say this is the funniest movie I have seen this year.

The really neat part about this is Seth Macfarlane actually wears a simulation suit and does all the movements for Ted.

Check out this video showing Seth Macfarlane acting out Ted (Contains scenes from the movie, so may have spoilers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrL_mDG0ZqQ&feature=relmfu

26. Flagg

Flagg Sr Member

We went to go see this yesterday and I enjoyed it. Very funny and loads of nods to the 80's. Lots of cameos as well.

For some reason the look of Ryan Reynolds face for the 10 seconds he was on screen just got me and the wife laughing.

I was amazed at how many parents brought their little kids to see this movie though. There was a bunch of kids like 10-12 yo running around the place and there's no way that they would of gotten 2/3rds of the jokes. I had a cluster behind me and they kept whispering about how they didn't understand something or why was that funny etc.

Definitely worth seeing, just leave the kids at home. :lol

27. letmebestormy

letmebestormy Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It was almost as if Ryan Reynolds lost a bet (or McFarlane has something on him).

"You have to do a cameo for Ted. Oh, and you get no lines and have to kiss a guy".

It was hilarious.

28. Dozer3677

Dozer3677 Well-Known Member

I saw it last night, and like everyone else, it was pretty good, almost great. It had a lot of heart. There was actually a girl/woman crying behind me at one point. I heard her say she was going to cry, and then it happened.

That Ryan Reynolds scene was PRICELESS. He was doing his best "Blue Steel" the entire time.

But on the other end, as you said, many people "Aged themselves". We saw a late night showing last night, so there was no "children", even though there were plenty. Kids, or teens as some may call them, FLOODED THE MOVIE. For a sunday night movie @ 11pm, it was SOLD OUT. So many children did not laugh at many of the jokes because they either didn't know or understand them.

One of those jokes was Giovanni Ribisi CREEPER dancing to Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now" Video. No one at all but the 6 of us laughed at that. NO ONE. In a sold out theater, that was weird.

NO ONE laughed @ Anything involving Flash Gordon until Ted's party. Not once.

Over all, I enjoyed it a lot. I think a lot of children went hoping for F-Bombs and crude family guy jokes, which really, many of the children (Really people in their late teens) did not get a good portion of quality jokes because they don't know. A generational disconnect between the creator (Seth McFarlane) and his core audience (children in their teens). People more McFarlane's age will appreciate those jokes better.

Like Teddy Ruxpin jokes. I think aside from the 6 of us, maybe 2 other people laughed, IN A SOLD OUT THEATER.

SIMPSONS DID IT!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  29. Amish Trooper

Amish Trooper Sr Member

The Ribisi scene was priceless...As mentioned the nods to the 80's were great and I really dug the Airplane movie tribute.

30. James Kenobi 1138

James Kenobi 1138 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oh, cool, so he did what absolutly everyone in the entire movie, television, radio and music industry has done for the past 100 years.

31. IndyBlues

IndyBlues Sr Member

Frickin' hilarious!! I laughed through the entire thing. Great film, I might have to see it again.
    Mike

32. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

We just saw it and really enjoyed it - a pleasant surprise for sure!!

Good laughs!!

Thunder Buddies Forever!! LOL!!

33. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

What comic?

Besides, isn't this just Stewie and Rupert grown up from "Family Guy"?

34. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Well Marky Mark doesn't play a gay guy who wants to kill his mother, so not really.

It's closer to a skinny Peter Griffin and Brian as a teddy bear.

35. DavidS

DavidS Sr Member

Great movie!

36. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 Master Member

I saw it this afternoon. There are a lot of funny lines and sight gags but, overall, it's not a particularly good movie. I laughed a lot, but walked out of the theater thinking I don't ever need to watch it again.

The entire cast did a great job (particularly Wahlberg, whose performance really helps to "sell" the Ted character) and there are some interesting cameo appearances. The effects for Ted (the character, that is) are good enough that you accept the character for what it is and just "go with it". And the humor is definitely not for kids, but I was expecting it to be raunchier than it is.

I don't want to say too much (spoilers), but my main problem is the sub-plot involving Giovanni Ribisi's character. It felt forced and disconnected from the rest of the movie, as though it was added simply to push the movie's run time over the 90-minute mark. And I'm not sure anyone told Ribisi it was a comedy.

Bottom line, I think people who enjoy Family Guy will like the movie, and those who don't, won't.

37. Cookiee Monsta

Cookiee Monsta Well-Known Member

Watched it on the plane from Vancouver. Very funny considering I don't like 'Family Guy'. Can anyone tell me what was with all the Tom Skerritt references? That's the one thing I didn't get.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  38. EvilRocketeer

EvilRocketeer Sr Member

the comic strip is called Imagine This......there are a ton of side to side comparisons....this isnt the first time he stolen an idea...what a *******

[​IMG]