New Members are AUTOMATICALLY but NOT INSTANTANEOUSLY promoted after 90 days/50 posts

Discussion in 'Site Support & News' started by RPF Staff, Feb 1, 2005.

1. RPF Staff

RPF Staff Legendary Member

After you've been a member for 90 days AND have at least 50 posts, you will be AUTOMATICALLY, but NOT INSTANTANEOUSLY promoted from a "New Member" to a "Full Access Member". The process can take up to 24 hours after meeting both requirements.

Please DO NOT post in this thread unless:

It has been at least 24 hours since meeting both requirements, and you account has not been upgraded.

OR

You joined prior to 4/5/2007, and you have less than 50 posts. Members who've joined prior to 4/5/2007 are exempt from these limitations and are not considered "New Members" regardless of post count. Post in this thread and we will manually upgrade your account.

Thanks,
    The RPF Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2010
  2. Skullsoldier

Skullsoldier New Member

Re: New Members are AUTOMATICALLY but NOT INSTANTANEOUSLY promoted after 45 days/20 p

Request activation to post in Prop Shop. Thanks!!!

3. Montagar

Montagar Legendary Member Community Staff

Re: New Members are AUTOMATICALLY but NOT INSTANTANEOUSLY promoted after 45 days/20 p

You do not have to request activation, it takes place automatically, and usually within 4 hours.

4. RumbleBee

RumbleBee Member

Have over 20 posts been a member since 7/2011 account not activated (help please)

Thank you, I tried to PM RPF staff but wouldn't go thru, I apologize if this is not the right place, but I am confused as to what to do to correct this.

I'm really looking forward to being a part of the community.

Take care everyone

5. Montagar

Re: Have over 20 posts been a member since 7/2011 account not activated (help please)

The "RPF Staff" account is just for posting and does not accept private messages. We did receive an email from you and responded to it. Your account is showing "Full Access Member" so you should be fine. Try it again.

6. plagu3is

plagu3is New Member

I haven't been automatically upgraded :(

7. epilepticsquirl

epilepticsquirl Sr Member

You also need 20 posts there buddy.

8. plagu3is

plagu3is New Member

I've also been a member since Feb thats more than 45 days i didn't know it was a requirement on both, I only joined to read the forums and buy ANH Vader boxes from russrep

9. LadySythe

LadySythe New Member

*scratches head* Ok, weird...

I've been a member of RPF since, well... Been like 5 years now. I changed my account info when the forum and such was usurped last year on both the forums - secondary and this one. But yesterday was the first time I've logged in since RPF was won and given back to its rightful owner. Funny thing, I got the nice bright yellow attention warning when I logged in. I got rid of that by changing my email address, got the email verification email, verfied my email addy. Now it says I'm a new member. Erm... oookay...

Did it happen to everyone despite being a long time member? And did our threads get eaten during the whole forum theft fiasco and return?

I mean, I don't mind the 45 day/20 post wait. Just find it kind of irritating when I've been through the process already...

Thanks!

LadySythe

10. Montagar

We didn't lose any threads or posts as a result of the hack, only the domain name was hijacked. You are listed as a new member because you only have 6 posts (you have clearly passed the 45 days requirement :)). Any posts made on the "fake" site wouldn't be here as there were two separate sites.

11. Justindzs

Justindzs New Member

Unless I'm missing something I do believe I hit my mark for full member activation on the 5th but still marked new member. My join date was 11/23 and I have 20 posts. Also sorry if I jumped the gun tried to respond to a WTB in the junkyard today not realizing that it is only the selling posts you can respond to while still marked new member.

Thanks for any help love the site so far can't wait to be able to fully use it :)

12. Montagar

Quoted from the first post...
    ...so if you are not automatically upgraded by tomorrow, please let us know. :)

13. trueogre

trueogre New Member

I just live in the Junkyard, so I'm punished for not spamming posts in other boards because they don't really peek my interest at the moment. Spamming is also not allowed so I'm in a perpetual newbie mode. :/

14. Serenity

Serenity Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It's not spamming the boards if you take the time to properly contribute something. It appears you're a fan of Dredd; I'm sure others would be interested in seeing your collection or hearing opinions you have regarding Dredd items out there. :)

15. priestrorschach

priestrorschach Member

i have done both. but am un sure if it says it on my profile. seeing firefox is not render some parts of the site correctly

16. Montagar

Your account was automatically updated.

17. DarthCalibar

DarthCalibar Well-Known Member

Re: New Members are AUTOMATICALLY but NOT INSTANTANEOUSLY promoted after 90 days/50 p

How does this work when purchasing a premium membership? I completed my purchase but can't seem to find that I have been changed to a premium member. Do I just have to wait for that to occur or did something go wrong?

18. Montagar

Re: New Members are AUTOMATICALLY but NOT INSTANTANEOUSLY promoted after 90 days/50 p

Normally you can tell immediately if you will have access to the Premium Member forum. I just checked your account and no Premium Membership subscription is showing so either the payment did not go through or the transaction was not completed. Do you show a completed transaction in your Paypal account?

19. Strontiumdoguk

Strontiumdoguk Member

I haven't been upgraded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Montagar

Just checked and you were already automatically upgraded.

21. Johnnyfl

Johnnyfl Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi, Sorry if I am not understanding but I have made over 50 posts and been a member for more than 90 days so am I now a full member. I am a little confused as my profile only shows one post but I have made more than 50 so am not sure why this is. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

22. Vivek

Vivek Master Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

All those posts were made in the Classifieds forum and they are not part of your post count.

http://www.therpf.com/faq.php?faq=community_info#faq_jy_guide
    Also mentioned in the Classifieds Guidelines under Member Types.

" *Posts in the CLASSIFIEDS forums do not count toward a member's total post count."

23. Johnnyfl

Johnnyfl Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

OK thank you I now understand the discrepancy.:thumbsup

24. KillerofSaints

KillerofSaints Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi Admins!

I was wondering if you could please look into my account I believe that I have met the requirements to post in the project run page and its been longer than 24hrs. Could you please look into it?

Cheers,
    SK

25. Montagar

The admin that handles the upgrades will contact you.

26. KillerofSaints

Awesome Thanks!

27. KillerofSaints

Still not up :(

28. towelkeeper

towelkeeper Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi guys,
    I have a project on the way that I would like to turn into an interest thread, but I'm not yet listed as a full access member, even though I'm a member for more than 90 days and have more than 50 posts. I would be very grateful if somebody could check my status... I believe I never posted much in the classified forums so far.
    Thanks! :)

29. Montagar

Someone will be contacting you in 24 to 48 hours.

30. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Hi there I was looking for help on starting a potential interest thread for my martian bust and directed here any help will be greatly appreciated thank you.

31. MIMIC

MIMIC Sr Member

Sorry didnt read the first post, please ignore me.

32. cckaiser2

cckaiser2 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I cannot respond to "wanted to buy" threads. Any suggestions?

33. Montagar

Ummm... how about reading the rules.

Okay, okay, sorry about that but I just couldn't resist. :D

Seriously though, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Classifieds Forums Guidelines as it covers everything you need to know.

http://www.therpf.com/faq.php?faq=community_info#faq_jy_guide

cckaiser2 likes this.
  34. cckaiser2

cckaiser2 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks...embarrassed that I even asked the question. I'll upgrade immediately - thanks for the guidance!

35. RebelCityProps

RebelCityProps Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello there, I'm wondering if someone can help me. I'm trying to start an interest run thread on the classified section but i cannot find the option to create a new post. I've read that you have to have made over 50 posts, been a member for over 90 days (registered in 2012) and be a paid up premium member. I'm sure i have past all of these qualifications but i still cant find the button to post. Am i missing something?

If someone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

36. Montagar

Now that you are a Full Member, you need to have your Premium Membership upgraded as well. Someone will be in contact with you Monday or Tuesday.

37. RebelCityProps

Thank you very much for the help and getting back to me so quickly.

38. RebelCityProps

Hey there, i'm just checking in again, i didn't hear back from anyone and i'm not sure who else to ask, so just seeing if there is any update? Thank you. ^_^

39. Montagar

Sorry about the wait... I will send out another message.

RebelCityProps likes this.
  40. RebelCityProps

Once again, thank you for getting back to me ^_^

41. RebelCityProps

Just checking in again to see if there is any update? Thanks.