Teaser: My new lightsaber "working" blade

Josh, these should certainly add lots of ambient light.

ok, here is what I have so far. I took comparison pics of my new blade vs. a standard MR Vader FX. All pics were taken with the same exposure settings so the brightness difference you see is REAL. Ignore the blade length on mine, it is just a test**. These photos have not been modified.

First shown is the MR Vader FX blade on:
redblade_comp1.jpg

Next is my custom new blade (rigged into a Vader FX hillt). The brightness difference is extraordinary.. The blade is so bright if you look at it with no diffusion tube it hurts your eyes. B)
redblade_comp2.jpg

Finally a comparison pic with both blades on:
redblade_comp3.jpg

I still need to take a movie to show the differences in ignition/retraction, that should be next....

**My blade with be longer than shown (total length is 40"), it is shorter since the lighted portion is going all the way through the hilt.

"Fully functional" - reminds me a Data joke. :lol

Thanks guys. This is the kind of saber I've been wanting to make for some time now. A blade as bright as plasma, duelable, and with lots of cool features.

The upcoming blue and green sabers should be just as bright too..

Hyperdyne, those are phenomenal... I am truly impressed. I just thought the MR one was bright. That is easily twice as bright or more. :)

Email me with details

Dave :)

Thanks.

I may do a JY interest thread/sign up list when the time comes. At this stage this is all just prop research and development stuff. :)

I'll try and get a new movie up showing the blade ignition...

I like the light inside the body. B)

Originally posted by hyperdyne@Dec 5 2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks. 

I may do a JY interest thread/sign up list when the time comes.  At this stage this is all just prop research and development stuff.  :)

I'll try and get a new movie up showing the blade ignition...
[snapback]1129323[/snapback]​

Hoover Dam. That is one bright blade. I have to turn my screen brightness down before my retinas are incinerated.

Got any ideas on when you plan on having these ready or pricing? I'd love to hear how your sound compares to an MR too.

Originally posted by hyperdyne@Dec 5 2005, 05:10 PM
Josh, these should certainly add lots of ambient light.

ok, here is what I have so far.  I took comparison pics of my new blade vs. a standard MR Vader FX.  All pics were taken with the same exposure settings so the brightness difference you see is REAL.  Ignore the blade length on mine, it is just a test**.  These photos have not been modified.

First shown is the MR Vader FX blade on:
redblade_comp1.jpg

Next is my custom new blade (rigged into a Vader FX hillt).  The brightness difference is extraordinary..  The blade is so bright if you look at it with no diffusion tube it hurts your eyes.  B)
redblade_comp2.jpg

Finally a comparison pic with both blades on:
redblade_comp3.jpg

I still need to take a movie to show the differences in ignition/retraction, that should be next....

**My blade with be longer than shown (total length is 40"), it is shorter since the lighted portion is going all the way through the hilt.
[snapback]1128995[/snapback]​

Does the blade still have the power up and down effect,or does it just light up with no retrack like a el or lexion..

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back