Teaser: My new lightsaber "working" blade

Yes on both accounts. You can retrofit into an MR hilt no problem. And you can even put one into a larbel hilt. I am busy installing one in my Larbel graflex.

How does Bluetooth work? what exactly is it for? Are you able to upload sounds to the module? Or able to play it over a speaker setup?

What is the Frequency range of the onboard speaker?

thanks

FB

Bluetooth is the wireless link between the PC and the saber module itself. It sends data to the PC so it can figure out which sounds to play out (swing, clash, lockup, force push, etc).

The onboard speaker is a different board version, the bluetooth version relies on an external sound source (stereo, PC speakers, PA amp, etc) to play out the sounds. This is the more professional setup that guys like Ben Burtt, Elstree, and saber demo practictioners use in their line of work.

I dont have an onboard speaker selected yet, but it will be a full range speaker. The basic downside is loudness and sound quality when you go to an in-the-hilt sound board with speaker.

Sure you could do both. It's all a matter of dollars. You would have to integrate both onto the same board. But I'm not sure man people would use both, there seems to be a dichotomy between potential users - some want in the hilt sound exclusively, whereas I want the best sound possible...

Originally posted by hyperdyne@Sep 16 2005, 06:20 PM
Sure you could do both.  It's all a matter of dollars.  You would have to integrate both onto the same board.  But I'm not sure man people would use both, there seems to be a dichotomy between potential users - some want in the hilt sound exclusively, whereas I want the best sound possible...
[snapback]1078475[/snapback]​

no that would be sweet, if i get one i would like to have the option.

sometimes you dont have a PC and soundsystem at your disposal.

Originally posted by hirgon@Nov 21 2005, 09:35 PM
Been a while since theres been an update....hope everything is still on track. Looking to get a red one.....
[snapback]1120445[/snapback]​

Yes, thanks for the bump. I was out of town all last week on personal business, and the holiday season has kept me very busy. So I havent been able to work on this project for some time.

Anyway, things are getting back to normal and the project is still moving forward. In fact I just received a new batch of specialized red LEDs that work great in the blade. The brightness has been increased too.. :eek

I have the blade material nailed down also. Now I just have to find the time to build up the final prototype. I am planning on releasing a red blade first, followed by blue, green, yellow, and some other cool colors.

I'm so in for a few. I have a friend making a fan film next summer who will probably need a few of these for the action sequences. VERY cool. How deep of a red can be acheived?

I have 2 versions of red right now. One is a "red-orange" color, it resembles a red neon blade. The other is a deeper red color that resembles a more "proper" red.

Originally posted by hyperdyne@Nov 22 2005, 09:46 PM
I have 2 versions of red right now.  One is a "red-orange" color, it resembles a red neon blade.  The other is a deeper red color that resembles a more "proper" red.
[snapback]1120824[/snapback]​
do you happen to be using those luxeon leds?
I have been looking to put blades on some of my sabers
namely the sidious and quigon........

No I am not using those luxeon LEDs. I am using a different system that I designed. The blade does the proper activation/deactivation light scrolling and includes some other very nice unique features. :)

ok, I just got one of the final prototypes done in a "proper" red. I temporarily rigged it into a Vader FX hilt. Holy crapola, it turned out bright. I used some new specialized LEDs I procured and the blade is even brighter than the first proto.. :)

I should have pics up soon...

Originally posted by hyperdyne@Dec 5 2005, 02:57 AM
ok, I just got one of the final prototypes done in a "proper" red.  I temporarily rigged it into a Vader FX hilt.  Holy crapola, it turned out bright.  I used some new specialized LEDs I procured and the blade is even brighter than the first proto.. :)

I should have pics up soon...
[snapback]1128710[/snapback]​

Yep...if that ain't a tease..... :lol

Rick

I already have my heart set on getting one for a custom hilt im having made for our fan film. We'll be rotoscoping them anyway, but if these can be dueled with we want to use them as ambient light that shines on us during the scenes. I hope we can afford them. I dont necessarily see ours requiring any sound at all, just visuals. Sound would be a fun feature though.

Josh

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back