T-800: Machined endo-arm in progress. (New pics & video up)

Cracking work lad, cant wait to see the arm finished but you do know once its made you have to make it animatronic then :D

Yeah, the clevices are out there, but the problem is finding the correct shaft. It's possible the original propmakers slighlty altered the piston body with indents, etc. Either way, tracking down the entire 'correct' portion has proven a chore. There's a lot of stuff that's really close, but not quite what I need. It's really easier to machine them at this point.

Thanks, bro!

Quote: Hey Rylo, those pistons originally were some kind of model airplane linkages. You may not have to machine them entirely, you might be able to get them off the shelf.

Last edited:
Awesome work man.Can you post a picture of the finger supports as they are right after machining.Been having problems with the curves down at the base plate.I'm machining the finger supports as a whole and will imbed it in the base plate.

Thank guys. New progress pics in the first post. I plan to post more on this as time permits, but I'm just slammed.

Hell, I spent a month just tracking down the correct cables. This thing is a beast!

I'll be updating our private collectors group later this week by PM

Hit me if you have any specific questions.

-Rylo

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back