More updates on my Terminator T-800

Read your thread. Great work on a difficult, but scary subject. No experience on 3D printing, however have done a lot of similar detailed work using brass and aluminum on model aircraft and boats requiring machine type fittings. Appreciate your skill.
Thanks for your kind words. Someone asked me last week if I've done this with 3D printing, and I answered, NO. I use PVC, and modify most of the plans to make each part fit together. I have to admit, this has been one heck of a challenge. I've never tried anything of this scale before, and with no knowledge of how to do it. Just jumped right in feet first, and went with it.

Hey everyone,
I've run into a small snag on my T-800. I have plans I bought off ebay, but they really don't give accurate measurements or sizes. I'm having trouble figuring out the correct size of the upper arm. I made one outside part off the plans, and it looks way too small. I can figure it out if someone can give me the correct size of the lower round part that the forearm attaches to. I'll add a pic to show you what part I'm talking about. I know I could just keep doing trial and error, but that cost lots of money to waste material. I only need to diameter of the round part, and I can use my 3D software to come up with the entire outer part. Thank you in advance for any help someone can give me on this. I always appreciate any help I get.

Attachments

• elbow.JPG
    elbow.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 36

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back