Supernatural EMF detector

I must have missed this one the first 9 times I watched all the seasons through. This one belonged to a hunter named Olivia from S4, Ep 2. Them's a lotta' chips! :p

oliviasEMFS4E2a_zpsa09b0b3e.png

That's cool! I've got the enclosure, but I won't be able to work on mine for a couple of weeks. Your meter looks spot on too. :)

Thanks. With your talent I bet it yours will be unparalleled. :)

I bought this meter with the intention of doctoring up my own graphic to better match the original. I am just waiting for the slide switch and the LCD that I ordered.

metera_zpscbc51946.jpg

Well, I've never worked with an LCD screen so it will be a challenge to get it to work with the meter and the sound. At least there will be more room inside that big box for a reasonably sized speaker and the other components.

Now we have to figure out what it is supposed to say on the screen. I think I remember them reading numbers off it in one of the episodes.

Yeah, in the hell hounds episode they were reading numbers from it, and again in the first Ghostfacers episode. It wasn't in the episode where Sam and Dean watched the Ghostfacers how-to web videos when they were 'angeled' into office jobs and forgot they were hunters.

Anyone have links to the GF web series? I think it may be gone, but it used to be a CW affiliated site www.ghostfacers.com.

I found these shots from the Misha GF episode on youtube. Looks like that gray one uses what may be a draper meter face like Sam and Dean's EMFs.

GFEMFWEB2a_zps48c28d47.png

GFEMFWEB1a_zps44275102.png

GFEMFWEB3a_zps9ae9a6ba.png

GFEMFWEB5a_zps4b6f4ed6.png

GFEMFWEB4a_zps0b65c8d4.png

Last edited:
Thanks to a ton of assistance from my brother-in-law who actually teaches college level C programming language, I made some progress on the electronics for my Sam/Dean EMF.

I got the lights and meter working together in a random cycling. Here's a link the the video: DSCN5172_zps5274d251.mp4 Video by boozee2 | Photobucket

I still need to figure out the buzzer and the button though.

Thanks to a ton of assistance from my brother-in-law who actually teaches college level C programming language, I made some progress on the electronics for my Sam/Dean EMF.

I got the lights and meter working together in a random cycling. Here's a link the the video: DSCN5172_zps5274d251.mp4 Video by boozee2 | Photobucket

I still need to figure out the buzzer and the button though.

[url]http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv352/boozee2/th_DSCN5172_zps5274d251.jpg[/URL]

Congrats!!! Great work :D

Thanks! I owe all my inspiration to you and all my programming success to my bro-in-law. It'll be a steak & beer dinner on me when he comes back to help me finish it - he's earned it!

Finally, my EMF replica went to the Toronto Supernatural Convention! I was able to show it briefly to Jared. My favorite comment of his was "and it makes sound!". Apparently, as we had suspected, the actual prop does not. The sound would be added in post production.

Finally, my EMF replica went to the Toronto Supernatural Convention! I was able to show it briefly to Jared. My favorite comment of his was "and it makes sound!". Apparently, as we had suspected, the actual prop does not. The sound would be added in post production.

How awesome! What a wonderful gratification of a job well done. Huzzah!

Finally got some pictures of my Ghost Facers EMF static prototype. The gauge and LCD are close enough, but the enclosure and antennae should be spot on as far as I can tell. I had a bunch of logos printed up on vinyl in various sizes for fun.

GFEMFa_zps1b55e57a.jpg

GFEMFb_zps019743ce.jpg

GFEMFc_zps046b7519.jpg

GFEMFd_zps0483275b.jpg

That's coming along great! Looks spot on to me. Now we have to figure out what to put on the LCD screen. :)

Here's another frame I found with the Ghostfacers' EMF.

10404342274_817b1e706e_o.jpg

Last edited:
What size wire do you suppose was used on the antenna on the left and the copper coil to the right of the meter face? I was thinking 20 gauge.

emf4554_zpsf7c7d670.jpg

Subscribed. I just mentioned in passing to my wife that I'd like to make one for her as we're watching "Bad Boys". I'll give her a few weeks to forget and then I'll dig deeper into this.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back