Sucker Punch costume thread

I was just kidding :)
roger that :behave :)

Paul, I've just sent you some pics of the Tsuba via you eMail. Let me know if they help.
You can recognize from which angle the pictures are taken by the position of the Kurigata on the bottom of the photos.

I should post my 1911 soon. since I've been done with it for a little time now but I've just been too lazy to do it :p

Peace

Hi there!
I came across this forum and posting through a google search (of course) for tips on how to make the Babydoll Costume. I agree with previous posters on how the manufactured costumes look extremely cheap not to mention a bit slutty... I'm going to try my hand at making the Babydoll costume and try to include all of her pieces. From what I can tell this will not be as easy as I thought!
Anyone know of what Babydoll's top and bottom are made out of? I was thinking denim but I can't tell if the movie poster has just roughed up the image a little bit and it just ends up looking like distressed denim. Any ideas would be appreciated. I want this costume to last a bit so cheap fabrics are not what I'm leaning towards. :)

Hi there!
I came across this forum and posting through a google search (of course) for tips on how to make the Babydoll Costume. I agree with previous posters on how the manufactured costumes look extremely cheap not to mention a bit slutty... I'm going to try my hand at making the Babydoll costume and try to include all of her pieces. From what I can tell this will not be as easy as I thought!
Anyone know of what Babydoll's top and bottom are made out of? I was thinking denim but I can't tell if the movie poster has just roughed up the image a little bit and it just ends up looking like distressed denim. Any ideas would be appreciated. I want this costume to last a bit so cheap fabrics are not what I'm leaning towards. :)

A lot of the Babydoll costumers went with silk noil fabric in "Ink". I know this thread is pretty huge but somewhere in there is a link to where a lot of the Babydolls got their fabric.

Hey all! I've been meaning to check back in here and post a few pics. This thread definitely helped so much when putting my costuming together. Really appreciate you all.

Had a great time at Dragon*Con this year and the meet-up with everyone on Friday was awesome! I wished I had caught all your names. It was a great turn out. :)

Hi there!

Silk Noil in Navy. Mine was $15 a yard.

Hey everybody- I'm down to the wire (as usual) still making my Rocket costume for Comic Con this weekend. Does anyone have any tips for constructing her strappy black thing? I bought two sizes of nylon strap but since then I've noticed that some of it's maybe a stretch material or leather? Also the structure of it confuses me....I've left this part for last because I can't figure it out. Also I made baby dolls gun charms for my friend:
http://bunnihooligan.deviantart.com/art/Babydoll-Gun-Charms-262866250

SuckerPunch_Babydoll_samurai_sword.jpg

Does anyone have a pic of the other side of the sheath?

I need to know the placement of the snowflakes.

Tiney you look amazing! your costume looks spot on! :D x

Hey all! I've been meaning to check back in here and post a few pics. This thread definitely helped so much when putting my costuming together. Really appreciate you all.

Had a great time at Dragon*Con this year and the meet-up with everyone on Friday was awesome! I wished I had caught all your names. It was a great turn out. :)

So glad theres still lots of much excitement for this great film. I'm almost halfway through building the bunny mecha. Its so weird, its like a cockpit for an apache assault helicopter. Can't wait to paint it. feet tomorrow and leg assembly.

I've only been working on my Babydoll costume since yesterday (how bad is that) for Halloween and I have to say that this thread has helped me immensely. I'm hoping that my costume will be good enough so I can post some pictures of the finished product. Fingers crossed. You guys are amazing!!! Can't thank you all enough.

Well since my 1911 is not going to evolve much now. I guess I need to post it :)
As accurate as possible was the motive here.
Here with a little scene ^^

576264BabydollWEColt191198.jpg

About the differences that can still be seen. I've based it on the one that appears on the Art Book.

The hammer being the only thing I'm willing to change since it doesn't look much like the movie's.
It goes with the beavertail but the one from the movie is the hammer of a basic 1911's that's just been cut out to fit with the beavertail.

The trigger is silver because I don't see the point of it being the only part of the gun being black. I like it better full silver :)

197037BabydollWEColt191191.jpg

Right now I can't think of many more differences so feel free to comment on what you see :)

You can see a few more of the different steps & showoff pics in my RPF album if you're interested.

Last but not least, many thanks to Sam (known as CupcakeDisco) for her invaluable help with the charms & cherries. This would have never happened without her craftsmanship ^.^

Last edited:
Actually there are a lot of Aussie suckerpunch fans, everyone has been updating their preview costumes for Armageddon. The mech suit has been given its first coat of paint. I need more time.... and arms. 2 days to make arms.

I was debating whether I should upload this or not, but i was told i should and figured i had nothing to lose :p ..so... here goes!!

my sweet pea cosplay progress so far ^^
IMG02325-20111017-010389.jpg

still have lots to do, but I'm proud of it so far :) apologies for crappy phone pic too xD

Last edited:
Does anyone have more pictures of the gun box for Babydoll's 1911 ?
I only have the one from the art book. Or is someone actually planning to do a run of these boxes ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back