Sucker Punch costume thread

you do raise some good points. i know with my wooden bokken the weight of it in the scabbard does cause it to move around on my back which gets fairly annoying. so im thinking of trying to use the holster to steady it. x

Remember what Cynthia said She had to watch out for Rebellionbarbie's it kept hitting in to her. I would go the same route as I take for all cosplay if you like it, stick with it. The only thing I try to get accurate are my paper props :)

This is me at the 25th Anniversary of ALIENS from last weekend. I am wearing a "screen accurate" flightsuit of a dropship pilot.

Here is the actual prop from the film which a friend owns (Harry Harris) along with a vast ammount of original props. Look at the difference even the screen used looks different :cool

Screen used Flightsuits and helmets
305071_10150395780565081_567675080_10304213_586815330_n.jpg

Me with my costume :)

298622_10150395800185081_567675080_10304570_322821531_n.jpg

there is no such thing as "screen accuracy" it will always be different so have fun and be safe that's what's it all about.

Paul

totally agree with you Paul! Glad you said that :) i've managed to steady my scabbard using army grip tape around where the strap ties around it and seems to have worked a treat, ill just have to be aware of it when im out and about so i don't knock people haha :p x

Hey all, new here. I was trying to find reference pictures for baby doll and stumbled upon your site. It's very nice and I love how active it is.

Ever since I saw trailers for sucker punch, I knew that's what I wanted to be for Halloween and at next years chicago comic con. As a plus size woman, it's a difficult task to find nice looking clothes let alone costumes. But I have found a sailor suit that I intend to change into a "modified" babydoll. Being bigger, I'm not comfortable showing belly, but I don't mind showing legs.

anyway, I (actually my mom cus i can't sew for beans) started fixing it up. I'll post pics later to show the progress and transformation into babydoll.

but here's her charms I made. Not very good pic, but i'll post better ones later. (also, I have made the bear, but have yet to dry it in the oven yet.

302035_2483023153982_1204704221_33036151_265438934_n.jpg

Like i said. Better pics to come.

Last edited:
Hey all, new here. I was trying to find reference pictures for baby doll and stumbled upon your site. It's very nice and I love how active it is.

Ever since I saw trailers for sucker punch, I knew that's what I wanted to be for Halloween and at next years chicago comic con. As a plus size woman, it's a difficult task to find nice looking clothes let alone costumes. But I have found a sailor suit that I intend to change into a "modified" babydoll. Being bigger, I'm not comfortable showing belly, but I don't mind showing legs.

anyway, I (actually my mom cus i can't sew for beans) started fixing it up. I'll post pics later to show the progress and transformation into babydoll.

but here's her charms I made. Not very good pic, but i'll post better ones later. (also, I have made the bear, but have yet to dry it in the oven yet.

302035_2483023153982_1204704221_33036151_265438934_n.jpg

Like i said. Better pics to come.

Your charms look awesome! Really excited to see your modified Babydoll. :) x

you do raise some good points. i know with my wooden bokken the weight of it in the scabbard does cause it to move around on my back which gets fairly annoying. so im thinking of trying to use the holster to steady it. x

From a martial arts point of view, it usually means your strap might be a bit long. My wife's stays in place with the wooden sword and scabbard, but her is also a bit shorter.

Hellooo guys!

I'm making a Sweet Pea costume for MCM Expo at the end of the month, and I really need a Sword! I haven't got enough time to make one, so does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could buy one that can be shipped to the UK?
I've tried to find the official one but nowhere ships to the UK! D:

305135_2499640049394_1204704221_33048647_1016229989_n.jpg

Finished Charms. Made of white polymer clay and hand painted. I'm pretty proud of how the bear and skull turned out. :) still working on the costume. will load pics as soon as I have 'em.

EDIT:
320729_2533564017693_1211321992_3098111_797380706_n.jpg

here's the beginnings of the costume... still have a long way to go, but I hope it will get there.

Last edited:
Hellooo guys!

I'm making a Sweet Pea costume for MCM Expo at the end of the month, and I really need a Sword! I haven't got enough time to make one, so does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could buy one that can be shipped to the UK?
I've tried to find the official one but nowhere ships to the UK! D:

I snagged mine on eBay for about $15USD. You can look up wooden or LARP swords on eBay and you can get a nice one. I ended up painting mine and everyone thought that it was real at the con. They're super light as well.

I snagged mine on eBay for about $15USD. You can look up wooden or LARP swords on eBay and you can get a nice one. I ended up painting mine and everyone thought that it was real at the con. They're super light as well.

Ah excellent, cheers! ^^
...now to find one without an extortionate shipping fee!

I have a friend working on Babydoll's sparkly out fit and she is trying to figure out the color of the material. Onscreen it doesn't look to be white. Some sort of ivory or champagne satin? Anyone have any info on the material type and color used?

damn the shipping is expensive :( but I've found one for only £15 that's UK based ^^ so REALLY thankyou for your help! <3

I have a friend working on Babydoll's sparkly out fit and she is trying to figure out the color of the material. Onscreen it doesn't look to be white. Some sort of ivory or champagne satin? Anyone have any info on the material type and color used?

I was thinking about doing that dress, it's really gorgeous (though I wouldn't pull off being emily browning xD)
I personally would have used a creamy duchess satin. it's quite thick but it has a matte sheen and is really nice to work with, but that's just me ;P

almost finished costumes. removed short sleeves. added long sleeves. added sleeve strips. removed striped back part of the skirt and added single color to skirt. added slit in skirt and added second paid of buttons... this picture doesn't do it justice.

293329_2505531476676_1204704221_33052353_1969091517_n.jpg

btw this is what it looked originally. (with model, not me)

plus-size-womens-anchors-away-costume-120765.jpg

I bought the official BD wig today too... but not sure it I'll keep and wear it. I'm naturally tanned and it kinda looks weird with my long hair stuffed up in it... so just thinking about just dyeing my hair blond, but i'm not sure yet.

Abaris, no I haven't seen it. If its supposed to be in the dvd bonuses. I will cause I have the "ultimate" edition but haven't had time to watch it.

Paul, I'll try to take a few shots this week-end. Sorry Im ultra-busy during the week.

305135_2499640049394_1204704221_33048647_1016229989_n.jpg

Finished Charms. Made of white polymer clay and hand painted. I'm pretty proud of how the bear and skull turned out. :) still working on the costume. will load pics as soon as I have 'em.

EDIT:
320729_2533564017693_1211321992_3098111_797380706_n.jpg

here's the beginnings of the costume... still have a long way to go, but I hope it will get there.

Wow! That turned out great! Nice Job!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back