Sucker Punch costume thread

here is the jacket less the front speedlace or fitted. Also the belt. (ebay find then dyied and leather added under the straps.

The holster has yet to be modified to matche the one seen.

This was on of the High Altitude flight suits. I replaced all the zippers with smaller ones.
more to come.
IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Steve

Steve, I don't think it will fit you. I think you should have Danita wear the outfit instead. :lol

Funky,
As I stated above... "tailor it to my wife."

I know you have asked for the Baby Doll one for yourself.. give me a little time... :love

I'm actually planning on making a replica of this entire box, pistol, mags and charms :cool

babydollsgun.jpg

I love the charms. Can't wait to see your progress on that one.

I took a punch of pictures of the statues at SDCC. I really want to do the Sweet Pea costume, but I know the leather work will not be cheap! Blondie, Rocket, and Babydoll are all on the "I definitely want to do this" list....wish I had the cash for it!

What's everyone's opinions on the Fabric for Sweet Pea's trench/corset/hoodie? Is it a really thin leather with a smooth side like a biker jacket, or soft like a suede?

What's everyone's opinions on the Fabric for Sweet Pea's trench/corset/hoodie? Is it a really thin leather with a smooth side like a biker jacket, or soft like a suede?

I vote leather! Unfortunately, I'm cheap so I'll be using vinyl...which usually is a little more hot to wear but I think the no-pants thing will help moderate my body temp. :lol

I agree, Sweet Peas hoodie looks like a nice leather but a soft vinyl would still look great (cheaper and perhaps a little easier to work with)

I'm already working on Blondie (amongst other things)
Australian Costumers' Guild are looking to have the entire group of all the girls - perhaps even some doubles - with some others lookin at creating some of the 'bad guys'
hoping to have everyone ready for Armageddon (Adelaide) which is a couple weeks before the premiere... which seems like ages away... hanging out for more pictures
Has been some great links on this thread - Thanks guys
can't wait to see pics of all your outfits when they're done :D

From the Gentle Giant statues, it looks like soft smooth leather and very similar to that used on the light aviator jackets. Hope these pictures help.

CIMG0369.jpg

CIMG0372.jpg

thanks for the pic of Sweet Pea, I hadn't seen a full length version yet. :)

you know, looking at the style of costumes and characters I'm reminded a lot of Sin City. Heavy fetish influence, lots of archetypes being fetishized, lots of "I fight injustice in my underwear and stilettos." I'm sure comics were an influence on the film, but it really has translated pretty literally. very well done regardless.

edit: oops! referred to Sweet Pea as Blondie.

ETA: found this page that shows 6 female leads that seem to have been released so far. click the pics for large size images:
http://patchtan.blogspot.com/2010/07/zack-snyders-sucker-punch-character.html

Last edited:
here is the jacket less the front speedlace or fitted. Also the belt. (ebay find then dyied and leather added under the straps.

The holster has yet to be modified to matche the one seen.

This was on of the High Altitude flight suits. I replaced all the zippers with smaller ones.
Great job, stephen!! Can't wait to see this worn. I especially love the belt. :) I'm gonna have some trouble with the shoulder holster part and it's helpful to see how someone else may have tackled it.

you know, looking at the style of costumes and characters I'm reminded a lot of Sin City. Heavy fetish influence, lots of archetypes being fetishized, lots of "I fight injustice in my underwear and stilettos."
Didn't even think of Sin City but that's a good comparison. :thumbsup

thanks for the pic of Sweet Pea, I hadn't seen a full length version yet. :)

Very welcome.

Anyone else notice the armor plate arm is reversed in the little giants model vs the Movie poster?

If you look closely, you'll also notice the shotgun ammunition belt on her leg is reversed too. I just checked the trailer and it does have Sweet Pea in it for just a few frames. The armor shows up on the left arm.

Since Sweet Pea's poster hasn't been posted yet, here it is. :)

SUCKER-PUNCH-Sweet-Pea.jpg

Last edited:
HI,
RaptorAdapter,
The suit parts are from the flight suit. The collar is made from the zipper protectors that are on the legs in the inside. the speedl ace I will be putting on the front came off the back.

There was lace on the front that was taken off to put the zipper on. That will go on the back part of the pants under the belt.

The costumers used all the parts. pretty cool.
shoulder holster is done. I purchased it off ebay and have reworked the strapping. Pics to come.
Best
Steve

HI,
RaptorAdapter,
The suit parts are from the flight suit. The collar is made from the zipper protectors that are on the legs in the inside. the speedl ace I will be putting on the front came off the back.

There was lace on the front that was taken off to put the zipper on. That will go on the back part of the pants under the belt.

Steve,
your work looks great! you mentioned you used a high altitude flight suit as the base. I've never seen those before, very cool. I did a quick google search and wasn't able to find a seller for that suit. Would you mind sharing where you purchased it, or what search terms might yield better results?

ebay has some that are under High Altitude suit. Mine i used I have had for years and is Chinese. The ones on ebay already have the zipper in the front and the speedlaces. but they cost more than the $30 i gave.

Here is the holster.

IMG_0400.jpg

best
Steve

ebay has some that are under High Altitude suit. Mine i used I have had for years and is Chinese. The ones on ebay already have the zipper in the front and the speedlaces. but they cost more than the $30 i gave.

Here is the holster.

thanks for the info! the holster looks great. :) I'd love to get an industrial machine someday so I can do more leatherwork.

HI,
RaptorAdapter,

The costumers used all the parts. pretty cool.
shoulder holster is done. I purchased it off ebay and have reworked the strapping. Pics to come.
Best
Steve
Thanks, man! I suspected the cording came as is on the g-suit. That both informs me and depresses me... LOL!

Yeah, I can see how the costumers either used every bit of a real high altitude flightsuit for Amber or very much took cues from one in creating her custom suit. All I can say to that is: FRAK.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back