Sucker Punch costume thread

hey guys, i found this thread by googling. i'm not very good at putting costumes together myself but i am hugeeeely excited for this movie and a fan of pretty much the whole cast (especially browning) and i wanted to do her costume as i'm almost her exact height but i don't have the tummy for that and i just went from blonde to black hair, which i intend to keep!

so i think my other option is blondie, but i don't know what it looks like from the back. as long as her ass ain't hanging out too, i think i can do that one if anyone wants to help me out - she's pretty short too as i recall. i'd be willing to join a group too, it would be really fun. i'm quite a bit paler than her with blue eyes too but there's bronzer, and contacts it would be no problem. my hair is her exact shade and i'm growing it long though i'm sure i'll probably need extensions to get her waves right. about her weapons though she uses a tomahawk as far as i know and a multitude of guns. i think i would just have the smaller gun for show replicated but i wanna ****ing wield tomahawks! haha, though i don't know how to go about creating any of these things with out them... being dangerous. so yeah anyway, newbie here, nice to meet you all. :) i also love her goggles and the fact that she wears them like a headband.

alternatively there's also the brothelish outfits, that we've seen when jena malone says they're already dead in the trailer which would be super easy but i love vintage stuff like that and i could pull off what she's wearing easily.

there's also the flash by of her dance outfit and beautiful make-up which i could not pull off, but someone else should totally try that out.

sooo bottom line, i've scoured screen caps and google and i can't seem to find a picture from the back of her main fighting costume? any help? do you think they're just tight leather pants? i know she wore a corset apparently. and said she fought in one but i dont know for that outfit or what. thanks guys. :lol

Sucker Punch (2011) - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database here's a good reference page by the way.

oh edit: i forgot to consult the illustrations, duh. http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads//2010/07/blondie_pardee-570x881.jpg here it seems like it's tight leggings and her ass is indeed covered, but there's so much going on. i already have shoes that pretty much look like that that are impossible to walk in after about an hour but, i think it's doable.

Hi there!
So I found this thread (and site for that matter) via a google search for 'Sucker Punch Costumes'
So yeah, hi all!
I really want to make a Blondie costume for SDCC and am currently trying to put a group together of the whole gang.
Anyways, is there any other places to find screen caps or images of the girls.
Or...character descriptions for that matter??!?
I know it's early but I love their designs and want to start the project.
Also, I've never worked with leather before...
I guess I'll watch this thread and see if it'll help me! =D

Hey everyone! Looks like there'll be a pretty awesome show of SP costumes next year! Excited to see everyone's progress! :D

I'm planning to try my hand at Amber for Dragon*Con 2011 and my girlfriend is hoping to make Blondie. We have friends who are interested in doing Madam Gorski, Babydoll, and Sweet Pea as well.

Just wanted to say thank you to SoulInertia for taking pics of the SDCC statues. That must be the first pic I've seen of Amber's costume in reverse. :)

Looking forward to participating in this thread!

Kris

Looking forward to seeing you in costume Kris
23.gif

Hey everyone! Looks like there'll be a pretty awesome show of SP costumes next year! Excited to see everyone's progress! :D

I'm planning to try my hand at Amber for Dragon*Con 2011 and my girlfriend is hoping to make Blondie. We have friends who are interested in doing Madam Gorski, Babydoll, and Sweet Pea as well.

Just wanted to say thank you to SoulInertia for taking pics of the SDCC statues. That must be the first pic I've seen of Amber's costume in reverse. :)

Looking forward to participating in this thread!

Kris

Keep us updated on Amber's suit; the suit should be interesting to see on here and maybe in person at the Con. :thumbsup

What on earth is this delicious-looking mech in the corner that the planes seem to be attacking? Anyone have better pics of it?

(Pic reposted in spoiler tags)
ZZ5B85C06Fsmall.jpg

Keep us updated on Amber's suit; the suit should be interesting to see on here and maybe in person at the Con. :thumbsup
I will. I'm by no means an expert costumer and will be needing to source help, especially for the leather holsters. Any particular members here renowned for working with leather and accepts commissions?

We can make it for you. Here's our site, but we can do any custom job. We've made Solo holsters, Mal Reynolds holsters, etc. in addition to all the stuff on the site. We also just made a suit of armor for a bassist in a heavy metal band.

Store Home

here is the jacket less the front speedlace or fitted. Also the belt. (ebay find then dyied and leather added under the straps.

The holster has yet to be modified to matche the one seen.

This was on of the High Altitude flight suits. I replaced all the zippers with smaller ones.
more to come.
IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Steve

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back