Studio Scale Slave I (first pics of body casting page 31)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Studio Scale Slave I (new pics page 18)

When making a 'accurate' replica you always have to weigh filming accurate VS symmetrical. A lot of filming miniatures are wonky.

Its tough to produce a product because you are always going being judged by fan boys pointing out the most insignificant discrepancy.

This project looks great. Good job you should be proud.

I got the skirt joined together. Here's my wife holding it.

slave_body_41.jpg

slave_body_42.jpg

Re: Studio Scale Slave I (new pics page 21)

Beautiful. I really wish I could affrd one of these, and every other kit that you've made

REL your amazing!

That thing is huge

I really want to thank everyone involved in this project and made this possible.

GFollano

Yes, "Bravo!" and gratitude to all who have collaborated to realize this project. Both the process and the result are extremely impressive. :thumbsup

Is there some detail missing?

Is there some detail missing? I was looking at the FM color chart when i noticed this piece on the side. It isn't on the Slave in the book From SW to Indy. Nor is it on any of the exhebition pics I have found online of the Slave. They all have a blank surface with a darker green square painted on. So I was wondering where FM came up with the idea of a piece of greeblies in that spot. So, I looked in our "bible" (Chronicles) and there it was again. Is this piece on the model you are building REL? I havn't seen it on any of the pics you've posted. But to be fair most of the are from the opposite side.

slave_missing_piece.jpg

Re: Is there some detail missing?

Is there some detail missing? I was looking at the FM color chart when i noticed this piece on the side. It isn't on the Slave in the book From SW to Indy. Nor is it on any of the exhebition pics I have found online of the Slave. They all have a blank surface with a darker green square painted on. So I was wondering where FM came up with the idea of a piece of greeblies in that spot. So, I looked in our "bible" (Chronicles) and there it was again. Is this piece on the model you are building REL? I havn't seen it on any of the pics you've posted. But to be fair most of the are from the opposite side.

slave_missing_piece.jpg

Here's a pic I took of that side of the model while it was at the Mom in Brooklyin in 2000. You can clearly see that Greeblie and the green panel you mention... which appears to be simply paint. I hope this helps.

http://www.studioscale.com/images/reference/Other/Frank Wire/images/P6130351_JPG.jpg

Jedi Dade

Re: Is there some detail missing?

Here's a pic I took of that side of the model while it was at the Mom in Brooklyin in 2000. You can clearly see that Greeblie and the green panel you mention... which appears to be simply paint. I hope this helps.

http://www.studioscale.com/images/reference/Other/Frank Wire/images/P6130351_JPG.jpg

Jedi Dade

Well, that pic shows how the Slave looks today. Same detail as in the "from SW to Indy" book. But in Chronicles the pics where taken in 1980. Please have a look at these two pics from Chronicles. They clearly shows the piece missing today. FM has even included it in their Slave 1 Boba fett kit.

Picture-970.jpg

Picture-969.jpg

REL I applaud your efforts and the efforts of the entire team. I'm really encouraged about what I've seen here in this thread. It's impressive to see people who generally specialize in "individual sports" get together and make something like this happen. Great job guys.

Interesting, they don't appear to be the same model.

They differ in weathering and some scribe lines from what I can make out.

We know all about that piece, it's not going to be cast on the hull because we have absolutely no idea what parts were used to make it. The guys are trying to track down what it was made of, the only thing we can think of is part of it is some kind of body part from either an F1 car, a truck fender etc.

So I'm going to scratchbuild that piece based on the FM kit piece and the photo's and cast it separately. If some time in the future that part can be ID'd, we'll make it correctly and send them out to everyone that gets the kit.

you are the man,I see why you got the new job...thanks rich for all you very hard work...that you make look so easy. I can not waite to add this one

mark

We know all about that piece, it's not going to be cast on the hull because we have absolutely no idea what parts were used to make it. The guys are trying to track down what it was made of, the only thing we can think of is part of it is some kind of body part from either an F1 car, a truck fender etc.

So I'm going to scratchbuild that piece based on the FM kit piece and the photo's and cast it separately. If some time in the future that part can be ID'd, we'll make it correctly and send them out to everyone that gets the kit.

Thanks for the answer. Great way to work around the problem!

It's difficult for me to tell its size. Almost reminds me of the axle from the
105mm M1-A1 Howitzer kit. :confused

Brian, i think your looking at the wrong part buddy, the basis of the mystery pain in the bum lol, is made up from a curved piece, its got a pronounced lip to it too!
We have all looked at this piece long and very hard, weve found many close calls, Rich even at one point had me in fits as i thought he bagged it as a rear arch intake from a 935 Porsche, sadly it was too small, but the shape was as near as damnit lol.
Im sure we will find it, and Rich's approach to not adding anything to the hull there is a great solution, so it can be added once found.

lee

Hijack - How do you guys paint the effect that looks like paint has been chipped off. This effect is used frequently in the star wars universe, but especially on Slave1.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back