Studio Scale Slave I (first pics of body casting page 31)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Studio Scale Slave I (new pics page 21)

Latex masking buddy, you can apply it many ways, brush it on, flick it on with a brush or even toothbrush (fave of mine).
Its still not easy to do, especially if your looking at full on replication, but its a great way to paint worn effects!

lee

The model looks really really good ! Please let me know as soon as there will be a list/price.

Philip

My finemolds slave 1(boba version) I painted it IJN grey cut 50/50 with flat white. I then tried to match the chip patern by brushing on windsor newton liquid mask. It's really cool. It goes on real thin. I tried to match the pattern but said the hell with it and dabbed the stuff on. I then sprayed it with IJN grey right out of the bottle. I peeled off the mask, gave it a ink wash and bigo. One weathered Slave 1

Latex masking buddy, you can apply it many ways, brush it on, flick it on with a brush or even toothbrush (fave of mine).
Its still not easy to do, especially if your looking at full on replication, but its a great way to paint worn effects!

lee

Thanks Lee - I have some latex masking, but I think it is cheap stuff. Where can I get what you guys use and what brand. Thanks.

They sell it at Hobby Lobby, you can thin it down with distilled water.

Brian, i think your looking at the wrong part buddy, the basis of the mystery pain in the bum lol, is made up from a curved piece, its got a pronounced lip to it too!
We have all looked at this piece long and very hard, weve found many close calls, Rich even at one point had me in fits as i thought he bagged it as a rear arch intake from a 935 Porsche, sadly it was too small, but the shape was as near as damnit lol.
Im sure we will find it, and Rich's approach to not adding anything to the hull there is a great solution, so it can be added once found.

lee
On closer examination. I think your right. Heres what I thought it looked
a little like there for a min.
http://public.fotki.com/shrugger/studio_scale_y-wing/howitzer.html

Hijack - How do you guys paint the effect that looks like paint has been chipped off. This effect is used frequently in the star wars universe, but especially on Slave1.
Thanks
You might want to see what a sponge and latex masking fluid can do at this post here.

REL's doing an amazing job on this studio scale SLAVE-I. I can't wait to see it finished... and I bet he can't either!

My god, this thing's work of art :love :thumbsup

What I wouldn't give for a very long payment plan :lol.

-Fred

Update on the wings.

100_3780.jpg

100_3784.jpg

100_3791.jpg

100_3785.jpg

Great Googly Moogly...That looks awesome...what's a Slave 1 though? Just Kidding!

looks awesome...any time frame for casting?

Last edited:
Re: Studio Scale Slave I (new pics page 23)

What a molding nightmare!

Thanks for the estimated release date!

That's why it's going to be a very short run. Molding all the stuff on this thing is going to be a huge nightmare, especially all the parts on the undercarriage.

That's why it's going to be a very short run. Molding all the stuff on this thing is going to be a huge nightmare, especially all the parts on the undercarriage.

Amazing work! Let me know when you are ready to start a list. Thanks.

That's just Beautiful, a real work of art!!

I look forward to seeing the finished Model! (y)thumbsup

slave_body_40.jpg

:eek "I dont'.. I don't believe it!"

There are just so many ss kits I want right now, that's an absolute beauty!

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back