"studio scale desanto viper"

Originally posted by Dobber@Dec 12 2005, 05:24 PM
Nope, these MK VII's are different. here's a link to the MK VII.

http://www.scifimodels.com/bench.html

And here is a link to the starship modeler site where there is a discussion about it, with a "potential " price for the Viper. :love

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/cgi-bin/php...00dfb818f85467b

Haven't seen or heard anything about Franks Viper in quite some time.

Chris
[snapback]1134517[/snapback]​

Thanks Chris.

That MK VII build looks GREAT. I have an email into Rob inquiring about it now. Definitely have to have a MK VII.

Originally posted by Kuhn Global+Dec 12 2005, 07:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kuhn Global @ Dec 12 2005, 07:44 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dobber
@Dec 12 2005, 06:42 AM
Yup, me too. I got mine on preorder also. How many preorders did he take anyway? 10 I think? Cann't wait to get it to go with my SS TOS Viper and my SS MK II. Now If scifi models would just finish their SS MK VII I'd be all set...

Chris
[snapback]1134094[/snapback]​

I didn't know Sci Fi Models was getting a SS MKVII kit. :eek Wow..kewl. I am waiting for Frank Cerney's future master of that kit,... or are they one and the same we are speaking of? I know it's been talked about for some time,.. but his AWESOME MKIV (Starbuck and Apollo Edition's) have been taking up much of his time I'm sure. In any case it will be interesting to see that kit,..especially the details. I would be on board for getting one from each master. So count me in,..put me on the list,..whatever. LOL. I love this stuff. :D
[snapback]1134247[/snapback]​
[/b]

Different pattern maker. I personally am waiting for Frank n Moe MKVII. Thier other Viper is the MKII.

Originally posted by cobywan+Dec 12 2005, 07:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cobywan @ Dec 12 2005, 07:17 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Kuhn Global@Dec 12 2005, 07:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dobber
@Dec 12 2005, 06:42 AM
Yup, me too. I got mine on preorder also. How many preorders did he take anyway? 10 I think? Cann't wait to get it to go with my SS TOS Viper and my SS MK II. Now If scifi models would just finish their SS MK VII I'd be all set...

Chris
[snapback]1134094[/snapback]​

I didn't know Sci Fi Models was getting a SS MKVII kit. :eek Wow..kewl. I am waiting for Frank Cerney's future master of that kit,... or are they one and the same we are speaking of? I know it's been talked about for some time,.. but his AWESOME MKIV (Starbuck and Apollo Edition's) have been taking up much of his time I'm sure. In any case it will be interesting to see that kit,..especially the details. I would be on board for getting one from each master. So count me in,..put me on the list,..whatever. LOL. I love this stuff. :D
[snapback]1134247[/snapback]​

Different pattern maker. I personally am waiting for Frank n Moe MKVII. Thier other Viper is the MKII.
[snapback]1134571[/snapback]​
[/b]

Oops,..yes..the MKII..my mind is going..lol.
How's your Galactica project coming Coby? Never mind,..I will email ya.

Originally posted by Kuhn Global+Dec 12 2005, 09:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kuhn Global @ Dec 12 2005, 09:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dobber
@Dec 12 2005, 05:24 PM

And here is a link to the starship modeler site where there is a discussion about it, with a "potential " price for the Viper. :love

Chris

Thanks Chris.

That MK VII build looks GREAT. I have an email into Rob inquiring about it now. Definitely have to have a MK VII.
[snapback]1134534[/snapback]​
[/b]

No problem Kurt, could you let me know what Rob says about the Viper Mk VII :)

Chris

Originally posted by Dobber+Dec 13 2005, 05:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dobber @ Dec 13 2005, 05:19 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Kuhn Global@Dec 12 2005, 09:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dobber
@Dec 12 2005, 05:24 PM

Chris

Thanks Chris.

[snapback]1134534[/snapback]​

No problem Kurt, could you let me know what Rob says about the Viper Mk VII :)

Chris
[snapback]1134745[/snapback]​
[/b]
LOL....OK,..I know this has strayed from what this thread was really about (the DeSanto Viper), but the MK VII is somthing of interest as well for this subject.
To answer Chris,..Rob of scifi models emailed me this:
"The MKVII masters should be complete by the first of January so I hope that I will be in production by late February."
I will be purchasing this excellent kit as well as the Frank & Moe kit when it becomes available. Then we will place them side by side and all the judgements will fly on to the table. LOL. :lol

HA Ha. you better believe it.. I'll be doing the same.
Now I jus have to watch for the pre-order list to start..
Thanks Kurt.

Chris

Originally posted by spcglider@aol.com@Dec 16 2005, 11:57 AM
So... I pre-ordered but I have no idea when they will be shipping.

Any news?

-Gordon
[snapback]1137430[/snapback]​

No word on the DeSanto from Michael. As of yeaterday I was told he is currently out of town with an emergency. I am sure he will post an update soon.
When did you pre-order Gordon? Or was the pre-order for one of the MK VII's? I should probably start a new thread for those. Sounds good,..I will. :D

Actually they called me... and it was a pre-order for the DeSanto viper.

I'm completely uninterested in anything from the new show. I take it that the "Mark 2" is the on in the Sci-Fi series?

-G

Originally posted by spcglider@aol.com@Dec 19 2005, 11:03 AM
Actually they called me... and it was a pre-order for the DeSanto viper.

I'm completely uninterested in anything from the new show. I take it that the "Mark 2" is the on in the Sci-Fi series?

-G
[snapback]1139325[/snapback]​
Yea...the MK II and MK VII are from the New Series.
I'm pretty much aquiring any studio scale Vipers in existance in order to show the full range of design since the Original Series inception. They will all be displayed in the Museum when it is completed. For that matter,..anything having to do with Sci Fi,..new and old. Even a full size Robbie the Robot has been discussed... :thumbsup

:D
OKAY ........................"I'm BACK......................"
Now, tomorrow is Wed, and the show MUST go ON. The LATE DeSanto Viper is about to FLY. And I'm real happy to be back on it. We have it all together now, and very special thanks to Terri (protector.) for keeping the candle lit :love
And send all e-mails to my home account. Those that have pre-ordered and wish to speak.....know what it is :cool
So call and get your info. And for all those opposed, Hmmm.......well.... :booty
:cheers :lol :lol :lol

Originally posted by BlueSquad2001@Dec 20 2005, 11:18 PM
Now, tomorrow is Wed, and the show MUST go ON. The LATE DeSanto Viper is about to FLY. And I'm real happy to be back on it. We have it all together now, and very special thanks to Terri (protector.) for keeping the candle lit :love
And send all e-mails to my home account. Those that have pre-ordered and wish to speak.....know what it is :cool
So call and get your info. And for all those opposed, Hmmm.......well.... :booty
:cheers  :lol  :lol  :lol
[snapback]1140584[/snapback]​
It's GREAT to have ya back Mike. I will call you soon. :D

Originally posted by BlueSquad2001+Dec 22 2005, 03:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlueSquad2001 @ Dec 22 2005, 03:27 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Kuhn Global@Dec 21 2005, 11:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-BlueSquad2001
@Dec 20 2005, 11:18 PM
:cheers  :lol  :lol  :lol
[snapback]1140584[/snapback]​

It's GREAT to have ya back Mike. I will call you soon. :D
[snapback]1140821[/snapback]​

NEW PICS AND INFORMATION POSTED AT COLONIAL FLEETS. :p
[snapback]1141793[/snapback]​
[/b]
All I can say is that it is looking sweeeeeeet. LOL
Keep the updates coming Mike. Good to have ya back.

Originally posted by Dobber@Dec 23 2005, 04:07 PM
Glad to have you aboard Mike. Can't wait to get mine... :D  I'll drop you a line soon. :thumbsup

Chris
[snapback]1142558[/snapback]​
NEW ANNOUNCEMENT AND PICS OF FINAL CASTINGS
Here are the fruits of our labor, for all the Battlestar fans here and everywhere.
The first pic is of the prototype fuselage on the right (grey) and beside it is the resin pull the the panel lines and rivets were detailed into to make yet another mold the arrive at the gorgeously detailed final version. We are now casting the entire body, and pics of the engines and intakes are coming up in just a few minutes.
We are NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR THIS MODEL...
Contact us for more info. Get over to the Fleets.. :p

WOW..... That is gorgeous........ Great job Michael. :eek. Would sing your praises at the Fleets but I can't seem to get my registration to work.

Chris

Originally posted by Dobber@Jan 3 2006, 03:32 PM
WOW.....  That is gorgeous........ Great job Michael.  :eek. Would sing your praises at the Fleets but I can't seem to get my registration to work.

Chris
[snapback]1149760[/snapback]​
Man oh man, get back over there and get your registration corrected. I forget t0o post over here at times. :p

MORE PARTS FITTING AND BUILD-UP PIDS AT THE COLONIAL FLEETS. :D
Just figured out that I can post pics here. I should study the options more. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Michael has done a wonderful job so far.
k1z2q9.jpg

Super sweeeeeeet.
k1z508.jpg

When I first saw this DeSanto,..I didn't like it. I must say that it has grown incredibly with me now and I think its design is awesome.
GREAT JOB on the Master Mike.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back