Studio Half Scale TOS Enterprise Scratch build

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of sounding like an echo chamber of superlatives, I just wanted to thank you for this build, Steve. The sheer scale and quality of your work on this has been a huge inspiration to my efforts as a modeller over the past little while, finally convincing me to take a crack at my own long-percolating desire to have a large scale Enterprise of my own. My methodology is less refined and very different (and not nearly as gorgeous), but I have nothing but awe for your final master here. The mind boggles at how fantastic your final kit will be, loaded with light gizmos, and no doubt able to actually acheive warp speed. Again, all I can say is thanks for sharing the process so meticulously. Incredible work.

Glorbes,

Thanks so much for the kind words. All the masters are done but I'm having to wait to mold until I have a bit more funds.

Steve

For the love of God Steve!
More pics!

Sorry to add pressure but I check this site daily and must see this project come to its fruition.
As an artist myself I greatly appreciate your obvious talent and your generous nature in sharing the experience with all of us.

My wife has cancer and that's taking center stage. I hope to get back to her soon. The masters are done. All I need to do is make the molds.

Steve

Dear God I'm very sorry to hear that. My Dad just survived cancer and so did my best friends mother. I also worked as a nurse for 8 years dealing with that on many levels. I sincerely hope everything turns out well. Cancer can be beaten and often is these days, and I wish you and your wife all the best when you win this fight.
Stay strong.

Crivvens!

You look after her, you hear? Modelling and making molds for those here who demand perfection can wait!

I lost my Dad to that disease, I was only 17, he was 36. It's bloody awfull watching them suffer.

I hope however, your wife has a less serious case of the C and pulls through to full recovery.

Thanks guys and you local boys too. ;) This is round two. and we won't know until the 12th if it's spread. It's going to be a hard road. City of Hope is where we've been going.

We don't have insurance but she has Medical and COH takes it. They have been great so far. I just need to keep working hard and providing so she does worry. I'm in the shop at home 11 hours a day. So I hear to take care always. I won't take any studio work now or anything that requires me leaving home.

Steve

Just to let you guys know Doug Drexler is helping me get some funds together for all the silicone I need to mold this model. I'm restoring the Kirk in a space suit prop from TMP as soon as he brings it over in exchange.

The masters are done. I'm just waiting on molding materials. I have to come up with about 2 grand to mold her. I've had offers of pre-orders but don't like to take them as a rule until I have the molds and they are producing good product.

Steve

now that round 2 are supposed to (i will believe it when i see it! ) be coming out with a 1/350 TOS-E they need to get you,atemylunch & doug drexler on there team to make sure it's accurate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back