Stormtrooper armour

i think you guys are right on with what your sayin... but for the hero, im pretty sure the handplates on han and lukes TKs are solid vacformed plastic...

am i wrong?

I thought this particular trooper was Solo.
sw_k_36.jpg

I finished my belt... (Thanks to Troopermasters help :thumbsup ) not as accurate as I would have hoped (made some mistakes), but it still looks good non the less. I might post some pics. if I can find my camera :confused .

Now all I have to do is the upper half of my armor. Troopermaster, if you could give me some pics. of how you assembled yours, that would be amazing. Mine is not 100% accurately assembled, I just want to make it look like it from the outside. Thankyou very much for your help. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(FON @ Jul 28 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]1289371[/snapback]</div>
Sweeeeeet. :love man I want a set
[/b]

your not alone. :(

paul, how come when you pop online on your MSN messenger i always say hi, and i get no reply?

again.

:(

deffinatley the best scratch built TKs EVER.

:(

<div class='quotetop'>(oldken @ Jul 29 2006, 01:17 AM) [snapback]1289862[/snapback]</div>
paul, how come when you pop online on your MSN messenger i always say hi, and i get no reply?

[/b]

I hardly sign into messenger anymore so I can't say that I've heard from you lately?Hmmm.......Hi Ken :lol

it always shows you pop up... and i say hi...

OK you are forgiven.

:p

just wondered, it knocks me out of a game, no matter what when someone says hi... wierd, i wish i could set mine however yours is. :p

did i mention, i want one of your suits? :love

Thanks for the pics Troopermaster, however I was too anxious to wait for the pics :p I just assembled it how I thought it would be done. I am very pleased w/ it. Thanks for all your help. :thumbsup

I do have a question about the back cannister/ thermal detonator. Did the origianls have clips, what was used to put it on?

Thanks again

-Darren

P.S.

I see the weathering in that pic... does add a really nice touch to the armor. well done.

Yeah the 02 cans had clips.They are like half round and a flat spot that goes behind the belt.The half round part is riveted to the canister.I'll get a pic up soon of mine :)

Glad you like the weathering,I think it adds more realism the the armour :p

<div class='quotetop'>(troopermaster @ Jul 31 2006, 10:50 AM) [snapback]1291105[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

Yes the weathering is a must for realism.No trooper on screen was clean.
The extras in the film treated those suits like absolute crap. :(

By the way troopermaster your weathering looks very sweet,how did you do it?

cheers, :)
Ben

Like the strapping Paul, thanks for sharing the pics. I'm doing the strapping on my new armour right now, so it's helped big time :) :thumbsup

As others have said, the "screen look" weathering on your armour looks excellent.

OUTSTANDING work as always *tips hat*

Cheers, Gord.

<div class='quotetop'>(troopermaster @ Jul 31 2006, 03:50 AM) [snapback]1291105[/snapback]</div>
Yeah the 02 cans had clips.They are like half round and a flat spot that goes behind the belt.The half round part is riveted to the canister.I'll get a pic up soon of mine :)

[/b]

Do you have any idea were to aquire these clips?

I used pastels to weather my armour.I rubbed the hard lines with different tones of grey and also dusted areas with pastels and rubber the dust into the armour.I used black too in some spots.I found it quite hard to try and make it look authentic.I cleaned lots off and had another go.This actually made it look better,as it didn't totally come off and looked 'used'.

For my belt clips I used 1 inch flat aluminium bar and bent it to shape.I used 2 rivets per clip to attach them to the canister.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back