Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

I mean yeah the arguing has been pretty heated but it doesn't mean we should stop talking. It's an exchange of ideas. Trying to silence it isn't going to help matters.

I don't care how much you build and post on the forums, or if you were part of the original SW generation or PT generation or if you only played the video games. All of those things are irrelevant to the discussion in this thread. There was a thread a while back debating the toxicity of the Fandom and these ideas are best presented there.

In the interest of keeping this on topic I suggest we keep posts regarding the state of Fandom to those types of threads. I think they certainly have a place in the discussion, just not in this thread.

Are you being facetious, or is there some preliminary word on runtime?

John Williams wrote 2 hours and 29 minutes of music and was asked to return to the studio and write an additional 49 minutes for the film. This has been confirmed as well as another source saying the film is going to be over 3 hours and another source says 3 hrs and 20 minutes and yet a leak confirmed this will be the longest SW movie ever released.

I felt it was implied that he was set to "return to life" when the last piece of the map was retrieved.
Are you being facetious, or is there some preliminary word on runtime?

“BB-8 comes up and says something to him, which is basically, ‘I’ve got this piece of a map, do you happen to have the rest?’” Abrams said. “The idea was, R2 who has been all over the galaxy, is still in his coma, but he hears this. And it triggers something that would ultimately wake him up.”
Ah thanks. Interesting, it really wasn’t clear for me.

So the capstone to an entire epic saga is that it's revealed to be an electric tin can going "beep-boop-beep-boop" to a...
What's a whill? Some kind of tree?
Was this a Lucas idea? I totally believe it if it was.
Yea, Joek3rr is right I remember reading it as well that the whole story is supposed to be told by R2 to a king of Alderaan or something then to a Whill, whatever it was and has became since, the entire Star Wars script was supposed to be “The Journal of the Whills”. Cynical mode on: further reason while you shouldn’t run with Lucas’ first draft.

Fascinating.

“The story that we’re telling, the story that we started to conceive when we did ‘The Force Awakens’ was allowed to continue,” Abrams said. “Episode VIII didn’t really derail anything that we were thinking about.” - JJ Abrams
Conversely Mark Hamill said he really saw eye to eye with Colin Trevorrow when he was still on board for Ep9 regarding where Luke should be in Ep9 as a character. And he reportedly hated his character in Ep8 and asked if Rian could delay his demise and leave for Ep9.

Conversely Mark Hamill said he really saw eye to eye with Colin Trevorrow when he was still on board for Ep9 regarding where Luke should be in Ep9 as a character. And he reportedly hated his character in Ep8 and asked if Rian could delay his demise and leave for Ep9.

He claims to have come around. Most recently he said he had closure with his character.

I wonder if we'll ever find out Colin had planned, that Mark liked. Cause he's had some odd ideas for his character. Like having Boba Fett be Luke's mom. Or having Luke put on Vader's helmet at the end of ROTJ.

John Williams wrote 2 hours and 29 minutes of music and was asked to return to the studio and write an additional 49 minutes for the film. This has been confirmed as well as another source saying the film is going to be over 3 hours and another source says 3 hrs and 20 minutes and yet a leak confirmed this will be the longest SW movie ever released.
i smell more clickbait rumors being stated as fact....

Not surprising in the least... They’ve one film to basically do a trilogies worth of storytelling to bring any real meaning to this story and its characters. I’d take all the time I could get too

I have the 2 CD 1997 release of the trilogy OST. There’s tons of music that was not included in the film so this might be a similar case.

He claims to have come around. Most recently he said he had closure with his character.
Fair enough, but the point I wanted to make is that there seems to have been a shift in the story as well as director/writers came and went.

I wonder if we'll ever find out Colin had planned, that Mark liked. Cause he's had some odd ideas for his character. Like having Boba Fett be Luke's mom. Or having Luke put on Vader's helmet at the end of ROTJ.
Prob not sadly. I really wish that a Rinzler style series came out one day about the ST. The BTS footage of TFA was very lukewarm and not too informative. The Director and the Jedi had some interesting tidbits but was still mostly surface level and unfocused. One can always hope.

I sincerely doubt Mark agrees with the direction of the story or his character. I think he's a professional and knows not to speak ill of his employers.
You mean more than he already has? :lol:

Fascinating.

“The story that we’re telling, the story that we started to conceive when we did ‘The Force Awakens’ was allowed to continue,” Abrams said. “Episode VIII didn’t really derail anything that we were thinking about.” - JJ Abrams

Not the comment of someone fully onboard with what 8 turned out to be....

Not the comment of someone fully onboard with what 8 turned out to be....

"So the story he told took what we were doing and went in the direction that he felt was best but that is very much in line with what we were thinking as well." - JJ

Cause he's had some odd ideas for his character. Like having Boba Fett be Luke's mom. Or having Luke put on Vader's helmet at the end of ROTJ.
Wait I just re-read this. I thought the idea that Luke declares to be the new Vader was Lucas’ and it was just something he toyed with. I’m inclined to think though that the Boba Fett is the mum thing was a joke though...:D

I doubt the Sequel Trilogy will be as well-liked in thirty years as the OT is now, but let's not pretend that a bad Star Wars movie or two will cast any lingering bad light on the company that just released the highest grossing movie of all time this year.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back