Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Is it this one?

ors-new-groove-episode-ix-poster-revealed-48065024.png

"Destroying Star Wars..."

This thread continues to be wacky for sure.

I don't know that they're destroying it, but they are damaging it. If you take TFA and replace the OT characters with other people playing the exact same part, and call it The Legend of Rey, anyone dare want to say it pulls in around 2B? 500M?

The name Star Wars has been selling it. Not saying at all it flops on it's own, but pulling 400M on a 200M budget is a success these days.

The name and it's history brings in an established set of fans, and yes, you're hoping for new ones. But you don't really want to lose people along the way. And they are losing people in that group. Regardless of what you think of the ST, you have to admit that is true. The sad part is that didn't have to be the case but the elected to do things that caused it.

So, yes, damage has been done, but it's not destroyed. Even if IX did Solo levels of business would it be destroyed. They'd retool and move forward - they pretty much would have to - and sort of are - if they're putting saga off for a while to focus on two other unrelated trilogies.

I hear rumors that say TROS is getting some scenes reshot (very common these days). Anyone else hear anything? Or is it just some click bait?

I hear rumors that say TROS is getting some scenes reshot (very common these days). Anyone else hear anything? Or is it just some click bait?

I have heard the same thing

I have also heard that there is some major spoiler leaks that are true (even though I don’t care for this movie I’m still not reading the spoilers)

So I wonder if since the spoilers are possibly true JJ is switching it up

He did this on LOST one season.. then from
There on out filmed multiple versions of future episodes to confuse the spoiler leaks

It may be common for most tent pole franchises and Star Wars is no exception. The difference is that some of the Star Wars films under Kathleen Kennedy have had major reshoots altering the overall structure of the films, which to my mind doesn't bode well. They have fired directors a couple of times too. Again this is not uncommon in Hollywood but until the Disney acquisition it seems to be more volatile than they would ever let on.

We will never know the extent of these things because the veneer of Disney magic will cover up any negativity anyway and it's really more about if the end result is worth it.

That was almost all on one movie, though. The production of TROS has not been anything close to the troubled production of Solo. In fact, the production on ROS seems to have gone extremely smoothly, with few leaks, and no reports of production issues.

Last edited:
Meh...trevvorow was fired before anything started, so i don't really count that. Lord and Miller were fired, yeah...and the result was solo...outside of that, i'm not aware of anything else on the SW front.

RO had extensive reshoots to apparently de-emphasize the war aspect and play up the 'star wars' aspect and probably kill off the characters.

If they're doing reshoots now, seems a bit late in the game to get it all through the production process with the very likely heavy Fx work to be done and get it out in 3 months.

I don't have lots of expectations anyway so i think it'd be hard for them to come in under that...but, if they're reading, that's not a challenge! :)

Meh...trevvorow was fired before anything started, so i don't really count that. Lord and Miller were fired, yeah...and the result was solo...outside of that, i'm not aware of anything else on the SW front.
You know, Trevorrow was on the project for such a short time, I forgot he was involved at all. Like you, I really don't count him. He didn't even have an impact so he's barely a footnote in the creation of TROS.

RO had extensive reshoots to apparently de-emphasize the war aspect and play up the 'star wars' aspect and probably kill off the characters.
The way I heard it, Gareth Edwards was tasked with creating a SW "war film" and delivered Saving Private Ryan. And Disney was like, "You know this is a PG-13 movie, right?"

If they're doing reshoots now, seems a bit late in the game to get it all through the production process with the very likely heavy Fx work to be done and get it out in 3 months.
It does, but that's what makes me think the reshoots aren't as substantial as the clickbait articles are insinuating. Probably a few redeliveries of lines, and a couple pick up shots on the backlot and sound stage. I doubt they're redoing 80% of the movie like what Ron Howard did with Solo.

I was referring to Rogue One reshoots, Lord and Miller getting fired and having to basically reshoot 90%of Solo with Ron Howard, plus Trevorrow getting fired. It certainly doesn't instill a lot of confidence for an audience.

Though like I said we will never know the extent of all of these things. Alas the movie will be what it is.

Last edited:
"and I am Iron Man" *snap* - was part of End Game reshoots.

People LOOOOOVE hearing movies they want to fail are in reshoots. But as said countless times... they all do it.

They edit the flick together and you don't always have the footage you need. In animation you just send it back to boards... and it goes through the system in studio... so you don't hear about it. But live action you gotta drag everyone back.

Reshoots are ALWAYS in the contracts as well...

cuz they are inevitable.

q2ofqj4iwfd31.jpg

"And I am... a reshoot" *snap*

Last edited:
"and I am Iron Man" *snap* - was part of End Game reshoots.

People LOOOOOVE hearing movies they want to fail are in reshoots. But as said countless times... they all do it.

They edit the flick together and you don't always have the footage you need. In animation you just send it back to boards... and it goes through the system in studio... so you don't hear about it. But live action you gotta drag everyone back.

Reshoots are ALWAYS in the contracts as well...

cuz they are inevitable.

"And I am... a reshoot" *snap*
Exactly! Or, they start editing together, and the director decides he doesn't like the footage he got and has to go out and get more. I have a copy of the reshoot listing for The Lost World: Jurassic Park, and it lists dozens of shots that needed to be reshot, and most of it is super minor stuff. Pick up shots on the backlot, refilming a line, getting a better close-up on a prop, etc. As a photographer myself, do you guys know how many times I go out, take 100 photos of one subject, then come back, start editing, end up liking maybe 5 of them, and then go out and take 100 more?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back