Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Welp, this definitely does not give me any additional hope for 9...

3po with the crossbow/bandelier is dumb to put in the movie, it's dumber to put it on the poster.

Other things seem dumb but they're not worth mentioning.

I bet Jannah is Lando's daughter and Zorii is Keri Russells character.

While I suspect they would have 3PO become a warrior ( because at this point anything is possible and not because it's a smart choice) it could also be a ploy to drum up hype just like having Finn holding the graflex on all the promo material for TFA even though we all knew Rey would end up with it, from before the movie came out.

Last edited:
And WTF is this???
beyjrr5-jpg.jpg
Wak's cousin.
th?id=OIP.jpg

It's not likely the actual poster, but probably some kind of promo material if I was going to guess.

That's exactly what this is. It's one of those posters you'd find at Walmart and used for merchandising purposes. It's NOT an official studio one sheet used for marketing. Those are always cleaner and more polished (if not an overly done Photoshopped mess with no magic like most one sheets are these days. Oh how I miss the hand painted works of art from Drew Struzan...)

Ahhhh Drew Struzan! His art was sometimes even better than the movies he painted posters for. I miss those days too. I'm so sick of the cheap looking photoshop posters of the last 20 years or so.

Ahhhh Drew Struzan! His art was sometimes even better than the movies he painted posters for. I miss those days too. I'm so sick of the cheap looking photoshop posters of the last 20 years or so.

Seriously. I've been covering the walls of my room in my new apartment with posters from classic 80s films (ESB, ANH, RotJ, Raiders, Back to the Future, Blade Runner, The Goonies, etc) and they look amazing. I'd love to get some MCU posters up too, but those Photoshopped monstrosities look so out of place next to Struzan's masterpieces. The only modern poster that fits in is of course Kyle Lambert's Stranger Things poster, which looks exactly like a Struzan piece.

The design world is trending towards analog and fine art illustrations...Hollywood needs to take notice!

Not surprised, watched 8 again on the weekend - the lad likes it so couldn't say no. If it didn't have Star Wars in the name this move would have been one of the worst flops in history it's that bad. Seeing the poster image says it all. Looks like who ever is in charge just hasn't got a clue. I know I'll see it because my lad will want to but I really don't wish to see it. For me Star Wars ends with Return of the Jedi.

The sidekick needs a sidekick? Give me a break. Droid social justice at work here? It's Timon and Pumba. Two cute Droid characters that are best buds! If you weren't sure that Disney made this movie there can be no doubt now.

They could have easily just used R2 and 3PO for those roles but why not just throw away everything from the previous films and yet rely on them so heavily for marketing that they can bait and switch fans of the originals? Put 3PO on the poster! That'll draw them in! Bring Lando back so we can show what a failure he's become and then kill him off! Fans won't bother to think about how we treat the legacy characters because they'll be too distracted by the new ones to notice! Watch that goofy looking new alien character will be Chewbacca's love interest. I'm literally crying I'm laughing so hard. It looks like something from the Men in Black trilogy. What is that thing? :lol:

**** these movies.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back