Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

Was screened for Disney execs and their families. Reshoots/rewrites ordered. Two main focuses of reshoots are the appearance of a very important character(it's believed the Vader battle scene with him kicking ass/decapitiating rebel troop and flinging bodies around via the force is what's getting cut and reshot) donny yen also confirmed 4 weeks of reshoots.
Second focus of reshoot
to lead up to ten minutes before a new hope starts.

To be honest, it seems like everyone loved having the production crew around, and Hamill especially seems to have endeared himself to the locals! Even created a bit of a debate about the best Irish crisps/chips. :D Good to see they had a great time in Ireland and that this "Wild Atlantic Way" con is getting publicity :D

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/mark-hamill-says-goodbye-to-ireland-with-pack-of-taytos-and-cute-dog-in-tow-737001.html

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/mark-hamill-insists-he-was-not-endorsing-tayto-737200.html

• Some crew initially heard J.J. Abrams was supervising the reshoots.
  • Gareth Edwards is doing the reshoots himself but with a partner, Christopher McQuarrie.
  • Christopher McQuarrie, the final writer on Rogue One will be working extensively with Edwards on set to make sure they’re on the “same page” with the most recent draft of the film.
  • Christopher McQuarrie’s draft of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story was considered superior to the film they shot previously.
  • It was not Edwards’ fault as McQuarrie’s draft wasn’t completed when much of the film was shot and revisions kept coming in that made the film feel uneven.
  • 32 sets have been recreated for the reshoot.
  • The crew expects they are reshooting 40% of the film.
  • They are working 6 days a week for 8 weeks.

When the movie began filming there was a lot of talk that the budget had been greatly reduced slightly before shooting meaning, more CGI would be needed. Now it looks like the movie is going to cost what it was supposed to cost from the start. The quality of the film wasn’t bad, it just needs to be better and all involved are happy to make that happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

To be honest, it seems like everyone loved having the production crew around, and Hamill especially seems to have endeared himself to the locals! Even created a bit of a debate about the best Irish crisps/chips. :D Good to see they had a great time in Ireland and that this "Wild Atlantic Way" con is getting publicity :D

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/mark-hamill-says-goodbye-to-ireland-with-pack-of-taytos-and-cute-dog-in-tow-737001.html

http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/mark-hamill-insists-he-was-not-endorsing-tayto-737200.html

He really is a star......Best advertisement for Tayto crisps.....they are the best.......N.Ireland version are cracker too

The whole way Disney/Lucasfilm have approached the filming with appearances by MH & Chewie etc at local public places is brilliant

Can't wait to see how it all turned out

J

Lol "ol Greg" was gold. "Fantasy man" is up there too. :)

Ben

Rian posted a picture of Luk's cloak.

Attachments

• CkdJoy8UgAA5-tL.jpg-large.jpg
    CkdJoy8UgAA5-tL.jpg-large.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 112

Someone (JJ?) said that we will see that Leia has learned more about the Force, but chose politics over becoming a Jedi. I keep saying that that does not mean Luke hasn't taught her anything in between!

Someone (JJ?) said that we will see that Leia has learned more about the Force, but chose politics over becoming a Jedi. I keep saying that that does not mean Luke hasn't taught her anything in between!

Min the book Bloodline she is asked why she didn't choose the Jedi path. She never felt the calling line she did for politics. She doesn't mention any training.

Maybe I am the only one, but seeing the 2 points where his cloak was stitched to his tunic drives me nuts every time I see it.

Maybe I am the only one, but seeing the 2 points where his cloak was stitched to his tunic drives me nuts every time I see it.

Yeah, I have a hard time focusing on much else when I see that scene there. I tell myself not to focus on it, but I just can't help it.

WOW! If this is in fact true... All the hints and signs leading us to believe that Rey is Luke's daughter were nothing more than visual and musical nods to what? Misdirection? From the intertwining of The Force and Rey's Theme(s), the similarities between Luke and Rey's costume, their living on a desert planet and how they got there, their introduction to the Force, everything in between and all the way back around to the dents on each of their speeders... I don't get it...

Before the release of TFA I didn't want Luke to have any offspring. After it had been revealed that he had, for all tent and purposes, a very tortured life after RotJ (and kinda mess up prior), it only made sense to give him "something"... hope? The look he gave Rey at the end of TFA was mesmerizing! It was almost as if he was seeing his daughter and his "wife" at the same time - reliving those last moments when he had to say goodbye to both.

We'll find out when we find out. :)

WOW! If this is in fact true... All the hints and signs leading us to believe that Rey is Luke's daughter were nothing more than visual and musical nods to what? Misdirection? From the intertwining of The Force and Rey's Theme(s), the similarities between Luke and Rey's costume, their living on a desert planet and how they got there, their introduction to the Force, everything in between and all the way back around to the dents on each of their speeders... I don't get it...

Before the release of TFA I didn't want Luke to have any offspring. After it had been revealed that he had, for all tent and purposes, a very tortured life after RotJ (and kinda mess up prior), it only made sense to give him "something"... hope? The look he gave Rey at the end of TFA was mesmerizing! It was almost as if he was seeing his daughter and his "wife" at the same time - reliving those last moments when he had to say goodbye to both.

We'll find out when we find out. :)

Yeah, who knows if this is accurate, the article readily acknowledges that. I would say that for me, all of those "hints" you refer to are fans reading into things too much. Watching the film I didn't have those same reactions regarding Rey and didn't walk out thinking she was his kid.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back