Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

Watching thT scequence for the 4th time the other day it's not clear what happens to Ren's lightsaber. She seems to chop down on it but then you see it laying in the snow near Ren intact.

my seconding viewing i payed close attention, the first time i saw pieces falling and though it was hands fingers and light saber parts, then knowing kylo kept his hand i figured i needed to watch that scene in greater depth. second viewing it looks like she slices the saber and it falls into 3 pieces, thats what it looks like to me, i have to go see it again. all this graflex grip length is giving me the itch!

Aside ticket movie prices rising, I wonder if any movie will ever be able to break Avatar's worldwide run. It seems like this day in age the length of a movie's run is pretty small and I haven't heard of a film running over 279 days since Avatar. The iron strikes hot the first week and typically dwindles rather fast. Star Wars had a really great month, but you can see the numbers are dropping pretty quick now and will never touch that record because it will probaby be completely out of theaters by March and focusing on sales in the home market starting with digital sales and then again on Blu-Ray/DVD the month after.

Avatars numbers include re-releases and Titanics includes a 3D release as well.TFA might see theater again leading into Ep. VIII which could kick it about Titanic.

When she builds her own saber it is supposed to reflect her so we'll have to see what she comes up with.

I would like two see something completely different like a yellow bladed yari style .

Not yellow, but the Shadow Guards in the Force Unleashed games had nice saber-pikes:

latest

Only maul can have double blades and only Mace can have purple i guess.

Well... Even though TOR isn't (yet?) part of the canon, Bastila Shan still bucks that assertion:

latest

As do all the Jedi Temple Guardians:

latest

...as does Savage Opress:

latest

And even Asajj Ventress, when she links her lightsabers together:

latest

And when they aren't...

Or maybe two...don't think anyone in the series has weilded two by default before.

...she wields them as dual lightsabers:

latest

As does Ahsoka Tano, and always has...

635689833643296934-REB-IA-7904-L.jpg

But yeah, so far only Mace can have purple. :D

--Jonah

Not yellow, but the Shadow Guards in the Force Unleashed games had nice saber-pikes:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...w_Guard.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081231132655

Well... Even though TOR isn't (yet?) part of the canon, Bastila Shan still bucks that assertion:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...est?cb=20130517001619&path-prefix=protagonist

As do all the Jedi Temple Guardians:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...e_Guard.png/revision/latest?cb=20130316184724

...as does Savage Opress:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net..._Opress.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110531191351

And even Asajj Ventress, when she links her lightsabers together:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...ajj_NYT.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090310042925

And when they aren't...

...she wields them as dual lightsabers:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...il2-SWE.png/revision/latest?cb=20120316002458

As does Ahsoka Tano, and always has...

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/08a...USATODAY/635689833643296934-REB-IA-7904-L.jpg

But yeah, so far only Mace can have purple. :D

--Jonah

LOL I love it thank you .that was the exact point I was trying to make .

Last edited:

Though that seems logical to most, personally I really hope not. I feel that a dual edged saber is best left onscreen to the one who already had it (Maul) and let's not spoil it by revisiting it with another character.

I'm fine with Rey wielding a traditional saber. :thumbsup

Agreed! Let's hope Luke tells her to keep it.

Agreed! Let's hope Luke tells her to keep it.

You know that might add to the story and ROYALLY **** Kylo off, adding to his anger and maybe the story dynamic.
This guy has been running around the Galaxy looking for these artifacts and here is this girl with his Grandfathers light sabre.
I'm sure it will set him off him even more. I can just hear him "That should be mine ! ( he says over and over, enraged). It will be !".

You know that might add to the story and ROYALLY **** Kylo off, adding to his anger and maybe the story dynamic.
This guy has been running around the Galaxy looking for these artifacts and here is this girl with his Grandfathers light sabre.
I'm sure it will set him off him even more. I can just hear him "That should be mine ! ( he says over and over, enraged). It will be !".

We all know the saber called out to Rey. We also know that she experienced a Force vision. I wonder if Kylo will have a vision when/if he even gets his hands on the saber? I want to say no only because Rey had no knowledge of the Force and this was her first exposure. But it always makes for fun conversation. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Since she's a Kenobi, combat with a traditional saber will come easy to her.

Do we know this for a fact? Did I miss something since last week? :)

I don't think this was her first experience with the force. I believe that episode 8 is going to reveal that she was apart of Luke's jedi academy when she was very little. The sole survivor that was hidden away in Jakku and looked over by Lor San Tekka. This is to why the force came so easy to her and why she had the knights of ren vision.
The Kenobi theory is just that, still a theory.

We all know the saber called out to Rey. We also know that she experienced a Force vision. I wonder if Kylo will have a vision when/if he even gets his hands on the saber? I want to say no only because Rey had no knowledge of the Force and this was her first exposure. But it always makes for fun conversation. :)

I wonder if Kylo had a vision from Vader's helmet. He does say "show me again, the power of the darkness". When did it show him the first time? (sorry not trying to derail)

Voting for Solo's (other) kid. She IS piloting the Falcon at the end. Would Chewie let just anyone sit there?

Anakin redeemed his self at the end of Jedi and became a force ghost. Vader died with that. More than likely, Snoke, was the one he was talking to, if anyone.
It is possible Han and Chewie had a conversation we did not witness, or just a plot hole.

I didn't mean Vader himself, but the helmet. Much in the same way the saber "spoke" to Rey.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Vader was a manifestation of Anakin's weaknesses and insecurities. Vader died when Anakin "righted" himself.

Personally I don't think the saber " called " to her it was Kenobi . I don't believe the saber opened the door to the room she found the saber in. And w clearly hear Kenobi say her name and tell her this is the first step.I don't think the saber is alive . its Kenobi instead of just poping up like a ghost.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back