Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

I do *try* to be... but some persist in seeing me another way, it seems.

Look, we ALL have strong opinions, and we like to express them. That is why we are all here. But the problem comes in when someone decides that it is their duty to guess at your "hidden motivations" for each thing that you write. They begin to convince themselves that they can dissect your mental state, and determine precisely what you think, and therefore know the "real" reason why you've typed what you have. At that point, no amount of explanation on your part can change what they've decided about you, so they dig in.

I'll admit, I've done it.

I accept your apology.

The Wook

ps~btw, kristen, i LOVE your signature! :lol i'm glad you at least took something useful out of our exchange. :D

Nope. I made an innocent comment, you made me out to be a narcissist, so I explained myself, and now you're taking it a step further and making me out to be not just a narcissist, but a pr**k too (no, you didn't use that word, but the sentiment was clear)

Yes, to me, which is what started this argument.

Look, maybe you didn't mean it the way it came off to me, and if so, I apologize, but I didn't come to a conclusion that was out of left field. Intentional or not, the conclusion I drew from your comment was there.

The sentiment was only clear to you, apparently.

And you made explanation of yourself by way of accusing me of "pouncing" on you, which was how YOU chose to construe it, not what I actually did. So the "argument" began when you asserted that I had nefarious intentions, which I had not.

I certainly didn't intend or imply that you were a narcissist. That is YOUR wording... so please don't go cramming words into my mouth that I didn't put there.

If you sincerely mean to apologize, then I accept because I did not intend to slap you in the face. But then why would you negate it in the next breath with "But". An apology with the word "but" in it is not an apology.

Last edited:

Thanks for the info on blocking, I used it. Not because of another differing opinion. I can't stand people who say their opinions are objective facts and everyone else that doesn't agree with them are "Sheep" or something similar.

Can we stop arguing and concentrate on the real issues...? We have to wait another seven months for Ep VIII! Well, at least it's not gonna be three years. Not yet, anyway.

Can we stop arguing and concentrate on the real issues...? We have to wait another seven months for Ep VIII! Well, at least it's not gonna be three years. Not yet, anyway.

I say take 3 years, if it means getting it right. Six films in six years is too ambitious. The quality has to suffer. Which we've already seen.

The Wook

And there we go... If he had just left out that very last sentence it could have been taken as a constructive criticism.

But then he applies his logic to everyone else and we're back to the same BS that's been going on for pages and pages of different threads.

I've never witnessed such skillful trolling on the internet. And to be doing it for 14 years is just flat out impressive. The switching back and forth from heavy-handedness to subtle jabs is just masterfully done. I'm impressed. The Wook, what you are doing is such an art form. I hope you are happy with that as a talent, and I hope you continue for years and years to come (preferably somewhere else).

xoxo,
Joshua

The Wook is free to have a different opinion than yours,
and he's free to express it - just as you're free to disagree.

This pile-on is getting ridiculous.
Just put him on ignore if you dislike him so much.
This thread's about STAR WARS, not The Wook.

And there we go... If he had just left out that very last sentence it could have been taken as a constructive criticism.

But then he applies his logic to everyone else and we're back to the same BS that's been going on for pages and pages of different threads.

I've never witnessed such skillful trolling on the internet. And to be doing it for 14 years is just flat out impressive. The switching back and forth from heavy-handedness to subtle jabs is just masterfully done. I'm impressed. The Wook, what you are doing is such an art form. I hope you are happy with that as a talent, and I hope you continue for years and years to come (preferably somewhere else).

xoxo,
Joshua

You're pretty cool, sometimes, joshvanrad.

:)
I say take 3 years, if it means getting it right. Six films in six years is too ambitious. The quality has to suffer. Which we've already seen.

The Wook

Wrong. (I'm just going to keep replying to you with that as it is alway an accurate response ;)

The delay isn't really a positive or negative, it's simply a matter of logistics which they either to choose to overcome or move the schedule around.

So Rey kicks ass with a staff so they have to have her with a double lightsaber in the future right?

I would think .
shorter blades than Darth maul had with a larger mid section to grip so overall length is the same is what I imagine for her.
but we'll have to see.
Like if you welded two of Yoda's sabers on to mauls hilt LOL

Or maybe just one short blade so she can still just hit people with one end ?

We can be certain Disney knew about this before moving E8 into that month. They wouldn't have done it, otherwise.

The Wook

Opps, now I have to amend my policy, you very well may be right about that! I will say the Avatar delays do feel like a film that is having trouble coming together into something coherent.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back