Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

TFA should be the end point for Luke's lightsaber. It served its purpose as the macguffin. OR was it a plot of Disneys to make the fanboys squeal and again tie itself to ANH? ;) I'd rather they show Rey building her own weapon. Of course then people will complain that this isn't the Prequel Jedi, blah blah, but it's canon.

I'm one of those. I wouldn't necessarily complain that she builds her own, but I'm not particularly a fan of the whole "build your lightsaber" as a rite of passage thing. Also, that isn't just Luke's lightsaber, it was also his father's and that whole dynamic is the center of ALL of Star Wars canon.

Personally I don't think the saber " called " to her it was Kenobi . I don't believe the saber opened the door to the room she found the saber in. And w clearly hear Kenobi say her name and tell her this is the first step.I don't think the saber is alive . its Kenobi instead of just poping up like a ghost.

Could be. But we also hear Yoda in her vision as well as Luke.

Could be. But we also hear Yoda in her vision as well as Luke.

Kenobi seems to be talking to her. he says her name and then after the vision says this it the first step or your first step .
Yoda probably involved as well my point was I don't think the saber is " alive" .

Last edited:

Did we ever find out " officially " what happens to ahsoka ? It would be cool to see her in Ep VIII old and wise .

Last edited:

I don't think we're going to see an "alive saber". I think Disney is smart enough to know that would throw off a lot of the old-school fans. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say we are going to be seeing some force ghosts in Ep8.

She is in Rebels right now!
Right on . I just started watching . the light sling shot is a bit funny especially if it is cannon now lol . I like seeing some surviving Jedi I just wish they would carry over into film .

I saw an interesting poster I need to trty to find it again and post it up . it says
Evil never dies it evolves
And it showes Vader's helmet being "pulled" out of the sand with the force .
With a black gloved right hand by a cloked figure holding a blue light saber
Seems purposely ambiguous
You immediately think of kylo but it really looks like Luke .
Does kylo get his hands on Luke's saber ?
Has Luke turned ?
Is the poster complete B.S. ?

arrrghh !

Is it DEC 2017 yet ? Lol

How pissed would everybody be if they pulled a 15 minutes twist and Luke just kills Rey ?
Thanks for my saber and a ride off this rock lol.
Calm down I'm just kidding .

Right on . I just started watching . the light sling shot is a bit funny especially if it is cannon now lol . I like seeing some surviving Jedi I just wish they would carry over into film .

I saw an interesting poster I need to trty to find it again and post it up . it says
Evil never dies it evolves
And it showes Vader's helmet being "pulled" out of the sand with the force .
With a black gloved right hand by a cloked figure holding a blue light saber
Seems purposely ambiguous
You immediately think of kylo but it really looks like Luke .
Does kylo get his hands on Luke's saber ?
Has Luke turned ?
Is the poster complete B.S. ?

arrrghh !

Is it DEC 2017 yet ? Lol

How pissed would everybody be if they pulled a 15 minutes twist and Luke just kills Rey ?
Thanks for my saber and a ride off this rock lol.
Calm down I'm just kidding .

The sling shot is not a cannon, not that powerful, but it is canon. However, as I predicted, its use didn't last long and I can't remember the last time we saw Ezra use it.

I don't think we're going to see an "alive saber". I think Disney is
smart enough to know that would throw off a lot of the old-school fans. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say we are going to be seeing some force ghosts in Ep8.
That is the way I see it it just seems a lot of people are tasking it as the saber choose her type of thing even among my friends . because of whast Maz says . I just think she is strong with the force . the force guides you that's what it does , plus Obi Wan and Yoda should still be out there . we hear them, and they are supposed to be "more powerful than we can possibly imagine ." lol

- - - Updated - - -

The sling shot is not a cannon, not that powerful, but it is canon.
However, as I predicted, its use didn't last long and I can't remember the last time we saw Ezra use it.
I don't know it knocks that trooper pretty hard lol.

I hope she survives. I haven't been watching Rebels, but I have seen where she meets up with Vader. I don't want him to kill her. I love me some Ahsoka.

I like Ahsoka but all of these Jedi have to die right? Didn't Yoda say Luke was the last remaining jedi in episode 6?

I've talked about this before and my feelings are pretty black and white on the matter. Luke is the last Jedi, as Yoda said in ROTJ and TFA reinforces that. The opening crawl confirms it in no uncertain terms...

I'm really hoping Ahsoka and Kanan die or else they're going to need to come up with another convoluted explanation as to why they're still around.

I like Ahsoka but all of these Jedi have to die right? Didn't Yoda say Luke was the last remaining jedi in episode 6?

In the Clone Wars series she walked away from the Jedi. My feelings on this is that until I see her get killed, she could still be out there somewhere.

I've talked about this before and my feelings are pretty black and white on the matter. Luke is the last Jedi, as Yoda said in ROTJ and TFA reinforces that. The opening crawl confirms it in no uncertain terms...

I'm really hoping Ahsoka and Kanan die or else they're going to need to come up with another convoluted explanation as to why they're still around.

Ahsoka in Rebels isn't a Jedi, she defers to Kanan as the "Jedi".

Yoda must know about Ezra/Kannan because Yodas voice speaks to Ezra in that one episode during Ezras visions. So by the end of ESB they must be dead unless they retcon that line somehow.

I guess they could kill off Kanan and claim Ezra's nor Ashoka are "real" jedi, but at any rate, I don;t think they can claim Yoda does not know about them

I can see it now...they pull some stunt where Ezra becomes Snoke after turning to the darkside on Kanan:facepalm

Yeah Asoka left the order before she
" graduated " so that is not a problem.
I still would not mind a old Jedi being found the Jedi were wrong all the time anyway . they said he is the last hope then Yoda says no there is another which never really came about . dont say they ment Rey she is not born for at least a decade and her character is not made up for almost 30 years .
I know they ment Leia but all that never came about al she does is feel the force . I have wondered is she just force sensitive like it seems or is she lazy lol .
So if they wanted to they could have another powerful Jedi pop up so Yoda comes out being correct about something for a change .lol

This is the grey area that I don't really care for that was introduced by the PT and the material since then. I like my Star Wars in black and white. I like clear bad guys fighting clear good guys, and I like my good guys carrying lightsabers to be jedi.

Also, this is the argument that turns me into one of those "it detracts from the importance of dialogue in the OT" because throughout the OT we were led to believe Luke and/or Leia were our last hope for the jedi. I'm aware this line of thought has no place in Star Wars after the PT and CW, but it is what I feel. So my own selfish wish is that they do away with the grey area in the upcoming films and leave characters like Ahsoka out of it. Also, I've said it before, but I don't think she has a place in the saga films.

As a rule of thumb, I think it's fine and doable to put a live action character into an animated series, but putting and animated character into live action is no bueno.

Yoda must know about Ezra/Kannan because Yodas voice speaks to Ezra in that one episode during Ezras visions. So by the end of ESB they must be dead unless they retcon that line somehow.

I guess they could kill off Kanan and claim Ezra's nor Ashoka are "real" jedi, but at any rate, I don;t think they can claim Yoda does not know about them

I can see it now...they pull some stunt where Ezra becomes Snoke after turning to the darkside on Kanan:facepalm

I am not at all a fan of Yoda and Ezra palling it up but at least no one can say Yoda didn't know Ezra existed.

Ahsoka in Rebels isn't a Jedi, she defers to Kanan as the "Jedi".

I guess that's technically true but I'd say that's a distinction that only exists in her head. She was trained as such. About as much as Kanan anyways.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back