Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

This makes me nervous...I wanna hear about smooth sailing and happy thoughts. BUT, if we end up with a better product, that's alright then. Still, harshes my mellow.

This makes me nervous...I wanna hear about smooth sailing and happy thoughts. BUT, if we end up with a better product, that's alright then. Still, harshes my mellow.

makes me feel un easy too, BUT it can always be a good thing, more time, more time to edit, which will be a better out come in the end. hopefully its stupid hiccups and marketing reason for pushing it back to december

Release date move makes perfect sense - puts it away from cannibalizing GotG2 (never understood why they put those 2 so close together in the first place), gives them more time to produce, and TFA has shown they can release a SW movie in Dec and still make a crap ton with zero tentpole competition. I expect Ep8 won't be as front-loaded as Ep7, so Disney is gonna lean on the holiday multiplier more for the sequel.

Well, frankly I still prefer a May release date but as long as the movie is good, I'm not too bothered. Although if they wanted to wait until May of 2018, that'd be fine too. Christmas is such a hectic time for me personally and going to see a movie is made a little more complicated with a release so close to the holidays. Of course, the box office for TFA proved that people made time for it, including myself.

heh... are the rumors really true its being pushed back because of script issues? haven't they already filmed allot of stuff? ... i hope ep8 isn't "botched"

I'm guessing Episode VIII was written as a shot-for-shot remake of ESB, and with all the bad word-of-mouth about TFA being a blatant ripoff of ANH, and how it's hurting it at the box office, they're delaying Episode VIII to try to come up with a new story. In which case, I say good!

I'm with you guys who want them to be summer flicks, but if the extra time means we won't get another turd like TFA, then I'm all for the Christmas release date.

The Wook

I'm guessing Episode VIII was written as a shot-for-shot remake of ESB, and with all the bad word-of-mouth about TFA being a blatant ripoff of ANH, and how it's hurting it at the box office, they're delaying Episode VIII to try to come up with a new story. In which case, I say good!

I'm with you guys who want them to be summer flicks, but if the extra time means we won't get another turd like TFA, then I'm all for the Christmas release date.

The Wook

Such a turd.
I held my nose through all three screenings!

I troll another board as a bad guy and use The Wook as my template and I predicted what he said about ESB retread before he even said it.

- - - Updated - - -

That will work too. I sat thru the marathon of all 7 movies on Dec 17th last month.

I could really care less when any of these new rubber stamped "Star Wars' made in a board room movies get released. TFA will be the only Star Wars movie I have only gone to see once in a theater. I even saw the prequels 3 times each in the theater (not sure why though). I guess this last SW movie just really ended it for me. I really have no hope that another decent SW movie will ever be made again. If it does, then I guess I will be pleasantly surprised, but honestly not really holding out for anything good.

Well, life goes on and at least there will always be the OT. Maybe they will actually even release the originals in unaltered form on BR or UHD some day.

Disney will be making star wars movies until after I'm dead.

This saddens me

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Can't expect all film production of everything to cease when you die. There we be a lot of films we will never see because of our deaths.

The Wook

Aw you beat me to it! I said something similar in the other thread. :lol

Yeah that horrible 93 percent on Rottentomatoes.com and over 850 million domestically and over 1 billion overseas alone in just over a month. Must be horrible word of mouth, and it must be a bad movie because it's not number 1 all time worldwide. Man that must mean every movie is bad that is under number 1 worldwide. That would mean pretty much mean every movie in history besides Avatar and Titanic right now!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back