Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Rey is Luke's daughter 100%. Saw it last night, and with all the cheering and clapping it was really hard to follow the story. Not to mention my excitement seeing a new Star Wars movie. Now, I went again this morning at 7am. No cheering and clapping. I could actually focus on the dialog and I picked up on "clues" within said dialog that really points to Rey being Luke's. Now, here's what I heard.

The scene where Rey has her vision after picking up the saber and the lines spoken between Maz and Rey about waiting for her family to return and Maz tells her she's waiting for someone who will never come, but there is one who might. Rey replied "Luke". Then when pyscho Ren is interrogating her and he said that she has dreams of an ocean and an island. Not to mention Max Von Sydows character is on Jakku, knew Luke's location, knows Kylos real identity tells me Rey was hid on Jakku and he was watching over her. Perhaps she was hid there after Kylo turned on Luke. Then lastly, Rey and Leias hug at the end was not the kind of hug 2 strangers just meeting would have. Bottom line, Rey figured it out, Leia already knows and its left unspoken for E8.

Reel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if farm boy Luke could make it out of the trash compactor so can Phasma! Also how many of you sat straight up when Ren stopped that blaster shot?

Last edited by a moderator:
if farm boy Luke could make it out of the trash compactor so can Phasma! Also how many of you sat straight up when Ren stopped that blaster shot?

Yeah that was awesome

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw it today and loved it. However the first shots following the tracking plotline, were a dissapointment. For a few minutes I was worried but then I relaxed. JJ is safe hands.

I hope Rey is NOT related to anybody.

SW started to spiral downhill when it committed to weaving everybody's backstory together. OT should have stopped connecting characters after "I am your father."

Weaving backstories tends to shrink the scale of a story. I'd like to think that the new franchise understands this (I believe JJ Abrams does). As I said in the past SW's promise (aka ANH) was that it created a universe that was a platform for many stories and characters ... not just one family drama.

I hope Rey is NOT related to anybody.

SW started to spiral downhill when it committed to weaving everybody's backstory together. OT should have stopped connecting characters after "I am your father."

Weaving backstories tends to shrink the scale of a story. I'd like to think that the new franchise understands this (I believe JJ Abrams does). As I said in the past SW's promise (aka ANH) was that it created a universe that was a platform for many stories and characters ... not just one family drama.

It's already been stated that the 9 films are about a 1 family drama.

View attachment 567334

Reel

Last edited:
It's already been stated that the 9 films are about a 1 family drama.

View attachment 567334

Reel

Well I just hope they don't get carried away.
The OT got ridiculous when every single major and secondary character had common ties to Tatooine.
Tatooine was more interesting when it just a "rock" in a remote corner of the galaxy.

I don't want Poe to be the lost brother to Rey whose parents best friends were killed and their son abducted by the First Order and raised to be Finn who was childhood buddies with Kylo Ren who was driven to the dark side because he had a crush on Phasma who had a secret crush on Finn but remained in denial but, she had Rey's parents taken away because she knew that Finn and Rey actually knew each other through their family ties as kids before he was abducted.

Well I just hope they don't get carried away.
The OT got ridiculous when every single major and secondary character had common ties to Tatooine.
Tatooine was more interesting when it just a "rock" in a remote corner of the galaxy.
I don't want Poe to be the lost brother to Rey whose parents best friends' were killed and their son abducted by the First Order and raised to be Finn who was childhood buddies with Kylo Ren who was driven to the dark side because he had a crush on Phasma who had a secret crush on Finn but remained in denial.

Agree 100%

Reel

Just got back from the second time and l'm all good with Han:$ I really paid attention to Rey's vision this time, as last night was more chaotic in the theater, and I too heard OB1. Rey has some inherent connection to Luke that's for sure.

Liked it last night, loved it today! Home run for JJ. And yeah he did play it safe with some scenes crossed over with ANH/ESB layer for layer, but it works. The first time I saw it, it was distracting almost, but now it works just fine. I also love the McQuarie X-Wings! Plus so many nods to detail of old. The training remote, the counters on the E11's, nice for the uber fans.

EDIT: Also, did anyone hear Han call Ren "Ben" on the gang plank? I swear I heard it both viewings....

Last edited:
Ok, so my beef with TFA. Too many cloned things from the OT:

jakku = tatooine
Kylo = Vader
1st order = empire
star base = deathstar
Maz = Yoda
Maz's bar = Cantina
BB8 = R2D2
Snoke = Emperor
Han/Kylo father son scene = Vader/Luke father son scene - Almost the same exact set!

Like NOTHING has changed, except the lead is now a girl.

I thought the rebels had toppled the empire at the end of ROTJ? What was all that ewok celebrating about?

Its only been 30 years and now they are bigger than ever renamed 1st Order. The new death star is 100x larger, wth?

I would have liked to see Fin's upbringing as a stormtrooper. Show a little of his backstory so I care more about the character.
I would have liked to see how Maz acquired Anakin's saber.
What motivates Kylo to obsess over Vader and the dark side? Did something happen to him? Was Han a ****ty father?
Phasma get's 5 mins of screen time then disappears, that's it?

I feel like there needs to be an episode 6.5 in between, but I'm sure these are all things episode 8 will address. Just seems out of order. I have a feeling episode 8 is going to be full of flashbacks.

Also, a few other things that bothered me . . .

CGI Snoke looked like a creature from middle earth
Han's death felt rushed and obvious
Suddenly Rey can use the force like a pro and is already overpowering Kylo with absolutely no training. I guess . . .

The movie was good enough. I can't really fault it for not being EPIC or GREAT. I was just expecting too much.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back