Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Anybody else think that at the beginning of the movie Poe in what became Finn's jacket looked like...

apolloandstarbuck1978_zpswlhraaxw.jpg

What exactly happened injury wise to Kylo Ren at the end?? I have heard different versions, face trauma, hand cut off, etc. Then others said nothing???

Thanks

Tom

Yeah but I really missed the "damage" done to him other than the shot leg.

face scar, hand cut off, shoulder injury, hip/side injury

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody else think that at the beginning of the movie Poe in what became Finn's jacket looked like...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/doleted/Star Wars/apolloandstarbuck1978_zpswlhraaxw.jpg

LOL! I totally got a BSG feel with the attack on Jakkuu. The attack on his xwing took me back to BSG 1980.

I was curious as well about his hand. I thought no, I feel like it would be a little more obvious for the viewers if she lopped off his meat hook

Looks like Rey was purposefully damaging Ren without maiming him. Back, shoulder, saber hand were all singed. Face was cut. I am still waiting for force powers to be used during a light saber battle

Last edited:
Thinks I liked. Rey and Fin. felt more believable than anakin and padme.
THe 1,000 year old alien. han probably got alot of history lessons on the force.
Lukes saber calling to Rey (rebels vibe and ezra)
The new black/gold tie fighters are cool, even if the inside design is a bit of a jumbled mess.
The imperial guys finally having their british (and some scottish) accents intact and not being over dubbed.
female jedi as a lead. it was a bit refreshing.

Things I didn't like.
Death Star three. come on guys. you tried that plan three times, and three times it failed. try something new.
rey learning to use her powers so quickly, especially mind control.
The Big Moment. You new it was coming the minute he stepped on that b ridge.but damnit if that wasn't a literal killing of your childhood. Still, FAR better death than captain Kirk.

It's nice to see someone remembered the chewie life debt and showed him literally loosing his mind and tearing the place up. Rey and Fin's first flight of the falcon was super fun and got you used to the idea of newer characters taking over the roles the older characters had previously. Admiral Ackbar again (same voice as ROTJ? it was close). Poe was pretty cool too. But Captain Phasma? They made a BIG deal about this character and she did LITERALLY NOTHING. that was a bit of a disappointment. Also, not only did the actor for Ben not look anything like harrison or carrie (I thought Rey did more than him), but he wasn't that great of a sith lord if some un trained novice could beat him to a pulp that easily.

Also, I DO like how they either took somethings from the Expanded universe either intentionally, or un intentionally. Books: Chewie dies on exploding planet. Movie; Han dies before planet explodes. Book;Jacen goes to the darkside, lukes sonis named ben. Movies. Hans son is named Ben and goes to the dark side. Books: Jacen kills mara. Movie: Ben kills Han. Books: Luke goes on a hermitage to find out why his nephew went to the dark side after he trained him. Movies. Luke goes on a hermitage after he blames himself for ben turning to the dark side.

They may have gotten rid of 30 years of expanded universe, but it was in there... Now I have to finish up reading Razors Edge so I can start on aftermath.

All in all, I liked Episode 2 and 3. Despite the bad acting. 4 5 and 6 will always remain tops. Even 1 had some great parts. But JJ Abrams did good. I liked 7.,
It'll be interesting to see who rey's parents are.

oh, and in other news...DC...DC...DC...WTF are you doing? going all Michael Bay on us? and that Looney is NOT lex Luthor. Joker, Riddler, maybe. But lex? Hell no.

Last edited:
Damn. Another nitpick.

Did they have R2 standing around, just covered with a blanket, since Luke disappeared? Right there in the middle of the Rebel... err Resistance command center? Without knowing why he went into shutdown and/or that he has vital information stored in his trusty old databanks? It´s a bit similar to what they did with the Falcon, almost too similar to have it both in the movie.

It was R2's mission to wait until Lukes daughter turned up & return her to him

J

......um.....me.....I sez it

Just wait & see,.....makes sense,...R2 always has secret missions

J

Well looks like my thoughts were wrong:(

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/2...-question-about-r2-d2-star-wars-force-awakens

“But the idea was that in that scene where R2 plugged in, he downloaded the archives of the Empire, which was referenced by Kylo Ren,” Abrams said. Thirty-eight years later, in both our own and galactic time, that data becomes useful in The Force Awakens when a new droid approaches the dormant R2.
“BB-8 comes up and says something to him, which is basically, ‘I’ve got this piece of a map, do you happen to have the rest?’” Abrams said. “The idea was, R2 who has been all over the galaxy, is still in his coma, but he hears this. And it triggers something that would ultimately wake him up.”
The director acknowledges that R2’s sudden “awakening” at the end was designed to be an emotional storytelling utility: “While it may seem, you know, completely lucky and an easy way out, at that point in the movie, when you’ve lost a person, desperately, and somebody you hopefully care about is unconscious, you want someone to return.”
So for those let wondering: BB-8’s earlier question rattles around inside R2’s dome for a while. Those old astromechs must just take a while to boot up again.
Then as the movie draws to a close, our old friend finally comes back – and leads us to another one."

Ah well....a bit lame......unless........they aren't telling us the real reason......because that is part of the next Episode

J

Last edited by a moderator:
Fin and Rey's chemistry felt right. She was fully capable and he was vying for her affection despite being outclassed. He is the underdog! And he plays the part well...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back