Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

No! We don't need any more connections in the movies. It's already too coincidental! I can accept the Prequels being the will of the Force guiding all the people to connect, but that would be too much.

They're going to want to give us an "I am your father" moment for Episode VIII, just as they're giving (or perhaps "giving," depending on your tastes) us another planet-killer, another desert planet, another message hidden inside a droid, and so forth in TFA. Making an established villain from TFA the parent of one of the new heroes seems like the way to do that, and once you consider that part of Rey's backstory is that her parents vanished and she doesn't know where they went, and that Phasma is being carried over, AND that both Rey and Phasma have British accents when all the rest of the characters -- including those played by Brits -- have American and, well...those seem to me like the most obvious dots to connect.

Calling it now: Phasma is Rey's mysteriously-vanished mother.

I joked about that same possibility a few weeks back:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=229962&page=101&p=3811953#post3811953

In one of the behind the scenes videos, Hamill is quoted as saying things are different, but are also the same. That's what you want.
Someone is somebody's offspring, parent, sibling. They're on opposite sides. Blah, blah, blah.
Although Kasdan & Abrahms wrote the screenplay (?), not sure how the next episodes will develop the story.

They're going to want to give us an "I am your father" moment for Episode VIII, just as they're giving (or perhaps "giving," depending on your tastes) us another planet-killer, another desert planet, another message hidden inside a droid, and so forth in TFA. Making an established villain from TFA the parent of one of the new heroes seems like the way to do that, and once you consider that part of Rey's backstory is that her parents vanished and she doesn't know where they went, and that Phasma is being carried over, AND that both Rey and Phasma have British accents when all the rest of the characters -- including those played by Brits -- have American and, well...those seem to me like the most obvious dots to connect.

We are almost certain Kylo is Han and Leia's son. I think Gwen is far too young to have a daughter Rey's age.

So there's a cantina scene, with a cantina band...more and more it's clear this is just going to be an ANH rehash, and I find that really disappointing.

In between your fecal smearing, read this from KK herself.... ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 9.22.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 9.22.00 AM.png
    43.1 KB · Views: 104
The yellow visors on the resistance fighters look cheap and quick. The previous made rebel pilots action figures clear orange visors were very cool and well thought out with the pink visor y wing pilot being the best

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back