Star Wars The Acolyte (tv series)

I like that lightsaber. Simple. Not overly complicated looking and crazy ornate like so many have become. I don't get why it has the two types of belt hangers though. I would have thought a Wookie lightsaber would have more wood and or bone in it (part of the grip, or a simple inlay- nothing crazy). Though bone would be a better visual contrast to the dark fur and mustard tunic. Just a more natural look. But basic is good.

The mustard tunic is okay. I mean, I don't know what else I'd expect to see on a Wookie.

Being that Joonas playing this wookie makes me wonder how different from chewie he will be? I do hope we get to see some wookie action, fierce saber dueling of some sort.

I can find faults with that lightsaber, and the belt ...

It does not make sense that it has signs of being subjected to high temperatures, unless it is made from Cortosis and someone has been trying to cut it in half with another lightsaber.
Otherwise the lightsaber would have malfunctioned severely, and I find it unlikely that Jedi would keep parts of a malfunctioning lightsaber.

The Jedi symbol as belt buckle? Really?

In the production of the prequels, Lucasfilm had a rule: Jedi did not wear black. Dark brown: sure. Just not pure black. Some things happened to look like black on screen but it was actually coloured in person.

I don't know what's worse, that lightsaber design or a man bun on a Wookie.
Don't hate me because i'm beautiful!
1711637494661.png

I can find faults with that lightsaber, and the belt ...

It does not make sense that it has signs of being subjected to high temperatures, unless it is made from Cortosis and someone has been trying to cut it in half with another lightsaber.
Otherwise the lightsaber would have malfunctioned severely, and I find it unlikely that Jedi would keep parts of a malfunctioning lightsaber.

The Jedi symbol as belt buckle? Really?

In the production of the prequels, Lucasfilm had a rule: Jedi did not wear black. Dark brown: sure. Just not pure black. Some things happened to look like black on screen but it was actually coloured in person.
Heat staining (or faux heat staining) has been used a lot on Disney/Lucasfilm Star Wars lightsabers and blasters. I think Kylo Ren's was the first to use it. Then on his Jedi lightsaber. And Rey's. And there might be a couple others.

you have to register but here is Dressing a Galaxy book covering prequel costumes on the internetarchive.

here is a better picture of Ula. It's like Hans Hoth Jacket. Everyone thought it was blue or grey when really it's brown.

View attachment 1804458
I need to get a copy of this book. Very good source material.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back