Star Wars The Acolyte (tv series)

You guys are all missing it. Forget about what moment Vader is referring to in ANH. That doesn't matter. What matters is that he made the statement to begin with. He wouldn't say something like that unless it was the first time they've encountered each other since their falling out.

This.

The whole Vader/Obi confrontation in the TV series should never have happened. And Obi-Wan should never have been running around with 9yo Leia. Etc. It's all just damaging the franchise for a quick buck.

'Rogue One' is the correct way to dabble in the timeline gaps. They made a good quality movie that filled a longstanding plot hole and didn't undermine anything important.

They have some figures coming out for this new series. I get that they have to sell the show. But I would like to get Black Series Barriss, Luminara, and Shaak Ti. Which it's kind of unbelievable that they haven't made them yet.

These new Jedi designs aren't the most exciting but perhaps the characters will be cool in the show. I would get figures of the two small Jedi aliens. But they aren't making them yet.

Obviously, I have not watched any of the episodes yet, so I can’t talk about how terrible they are, because I honestly don’t know if it will be or not.

However, I can point out but I believe to be the stark difference between George Lucas, Star Wars and Disney Star Wars.

Lucas threw not only his money at the project to make it look incredible, he also threw his heart into it to make it what Star Wars became at its core.

Disney while it has the money, it seems like it held back on this budget a little bit after the first few series.

I just don’t think that 100 years before the prequels is enough of a time span for this particular series to be set in.

Obviously, I have not watched any of the episodes yet, so I can’t talk about how terrible they are, because I honestly don’t know if it will be or not.

However, I can point out but I believe to be the stark difference between George Lucas, Star Wars and Disney Star Wars.

Lucas threw not only his money at the project to make it look incredible, he also threw his heart into it to make it what Star Wars became at its core.

Disney while it has the money, it seems like it held back on this budget a little bit after the first few series.

I just don’t think that 100 years before the prequels is enough of a time span for this particular series to be set in.
I don't think money is the issue here, for example the stormtrooper armor. Back in 77 each armor costed less than 500 bucks where as the Rogue one / andor / kenobi tk armor costs about 40k each. I might be very wrong on that last number but the point im trying to make is that George didnt need a lot of money to make Star Wars look good. It's more the Heart he poured in to this.

Quite frankly I dont expect the costumes in this show to be copies of the Prequel robes... I mean this is 100 years prior. I still like the prequels best though.

The secret is the writers....and it's not even a secret, neato plots with sharp engaging dialogue always wins the day

George winged ANH and it could have been quiet awful without his wife and team edits. Maybe not awful, but not tight like it turned out.

Then he was smart enough to let others write ESB and ROTJ......then he wrote The Prequels. :unsure:

I get form a ROI they want multiple TV shows and they will keep churning them out.

But it really is 'rush it through without much attention to story or dialogue and we'll see what sticks.'

Sad, but that's basically all large asset owners. Maximum ROI for the least amount of creative engagement.

I, for one, am looking forward to the songs performed by Idina Menzel, since The Acolyte is supposed to be a musical like Frozen.

IMG_3861.jpeg

IMG_3864.jpeg

IMG_3862.jpeg

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Last edited:
Same here, yellow is one of my least favorite colors.
I think that, historically, some groups had their garbs/robes changed to signify a dark period in their existence. Good period: bright colors...bad period: dark colors.;) That might be the case here...also color was showing the importance of the person in the pecking order.:)

Natalie Portman's red dress in the phantom menace cost 60k to make back then. Disney would never approve something like that. GL did that because it was his own money and wanted to explore the world of costumes for the prequels. You can hear him talking in one of the docs about budgeting, he says something along the lines the vfx won't be that bad but the costuming is really what's going to kill them.

Natalie Portman's red dress in the phantom menace cost 60k to make back then. Disney would never approve something like that. GL did that because it was his own money and wanted to explore the world of costumes for the prequels. You can hear him talking in one of the docs about budgeting, he says something along the lines the vfx won't be that bad but the costuming is really what's going to kill them.
"The wardrobe budget for TRON Legacy was $13 million. One custom suit alone for the racers cost $60,000"

Source:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back