Star Wars: questions you've always wanted answers for

I can't remember if I have asked this one or not, so I'll ask it again. In ANH during the "Blast the door, kid!" scene, right after Vader chops down Obi wan--watch the scene closely--Vader turns away, walks about 12 steps, then does a complete 180 and turns around and walks back towards the door.....Just in time for it to barely shut in front of him.

Why did he do that? It's like he said "Crap, I better get out of here....Nah, what the hell, I'll go back and get 'em! Oh phooey, now the door is shutting!"

I can't remember if I have asked this one or not, so I'll ask it again. In ANH during the "Blast the door, kid!" scene, right after Vader chops down Obi wan--watch the scene closely--Vader turns away, walks about 12 steps, then does a complete 180 and turns around and walks back towards the door.....Just in time for it to barely shut in front of him.

Why did he do that? It's like he said "Crap, I better get out of here....Nah, what the hell, I'll go back and get 'em! Oh phooey, now the door is shutting!"

mis understood direction? it's tough to see and hear in those masks.....see, no matter how many times i've seen the movie, over a 100 now...i've never noticed that ;o).

I noticed that too, my theory is that he was walking away because obviously the whole plan was to let the falcon escape, but then when ghost Obi Wan told Luke to run, Vader heard it too, and turned to see what was happening.

Since Obi Wan body had vanished, maybe part of him thought he might have teleported into the hanger somehow.

I always assumed that Vader was still mystified over Obi Wan's body disappearing and he turned around to check it again. Then he turns again to try to stop the Falcon.

Here's a question: Can we get more Star Wars TFA threads going? I can't seem to find anybody talking about it! ;) (at this point I'm not sure if I'm anticipating the film or the discussion about it more) :lol
If it keeps up, someone is going to have to create a sub-forum just for that movie. :facepalm

I have a question. When Harrison Ford ripped apart that Han Solo figure on Jimmy Fallon, does that make it worth LESS.....or MORE because Han himself tore it up?

I have a question. When Harrison Ford ripped apart that Han Solo figure on Jimmy Fallon, does that make it worth LESS.....or MORE because Han himself tore it up?
For it to be more valuable you'd probably have to include a sworn affidavit signed by Ford himself, witnessed by Fallon, and notarized by an official Notary Public, that the figure in question is indeed the one he destroyed on the show. :rolleyes

when i'm unemployed and just farting about the apartment, i go up to a week without a change of clothes except for socks and boxers. carn't stand dirty socks and boxers....
btw, people don't explode in vacuum. that's a hollywood construct. the lack of a 14.7 psi is not enough to balloon ye.

when i'm unemployed and just farting about the apartment, i go up to a week without a change of clothes except for socks and boxers. carn't stand dirty socks and boxers....
btw, people don't explode in vacuum. that's a hollywood construct. the lack of a 14.7 psi is not enough to balloon ye.

I meant implode LOL I guess....

The Falcon should have a washer and dryer. I mean there's plenty of ducts and hoses....

- - - Updated - - -

Why did the snowspeeders have harpoons? Where they always ready to trip AT ATs?

Ice whaling, didn't you know?

Why did the snowspeeders have harpoons? Where they always ready to trip AT ATs?

Thought the answer was pretty apparent in the film, the tow cables. They're industrial speeders being adapted to the environment and the most maneuverable thing they've got to try to slow the walkers down. Luke comes up with the idea on the fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Since the plan is to let them go, he's heading back to Tarkin to tell him things are proceeding...

Thought the answer was pretty apparent in the film, the tow cables. They're industrial speeders being adapted to the environment and the most maneuverable thing they've got to try to slow the walkers down. Luke comes up with the idea on the fly

I understand that, but what was the purpose, prior to the AT AT arrival? Where they always on the speeders ready to be used? Seemed a bit convenient to just happen to have that on the speeders

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back