Appo 98

Hi!!

Who doesn't want to be part of the galactic empire and strangled by Vader?^^ (Ok the last option isn't desirable^^) However-I always liked the imperial officers and especially after Rogue One I liked them more and more (Krennic was awesome but I am missing his legendary "the power that we are dealing with here is immeasurable" scene:( But my favorite character is Yoda :) )
Nevertheless-I am currently working on a black Imperial Officer cap (like the one from director krennic) and I thought, it would be cool to share my progress/work with you :)
After that I am starting with Krennic's uniform :)

To be honest, I tried a very dumb way to create some sewing patterns but I think it will work for me^^
(Created a 3D model and used some references from Anovos and transferred it to patterns^^)
image.jpegimage.pngimage.png(Used them as reference)

And here is my progress:

image.jpeg(<---Patterns and the interfacing:) ) image.jpeg(<---ironed interfacing on fabric)

image.jpeg(<---Heavyweight Stabilizer for the Visor :) )

I am trying to update my work so stay tuned :)

(By the way-Sorry if I can't update this thread regularly but university is a bit stressful -.- )

Greetings from Austria :)

image.jpegFirst probelm^^ One tip-If you are using fusible interfacing don't iron it too hot(it will cause something like this and the glue is really annoying^^)
You can use a dishtowel and put the fabrics between it-It will prevent this problem :)

I've got the patterns cut out for one sitting on my desk. I haven't done any sewing in awhile, so I've been debating if I want to try it or settle for a $10 one off of eBay. Maybe you'll inspire me...

-Rog

Yeah-New progress :) :

image.jpeg(Fixed fabric with cotton-You can use needles but cotton(white string) is more practical during sewing...In my opinion :) )
image.jpegSo-Let's sew it i:) image.jpeg

Hopefully I don't sew into my finger^^ It isn't so uncommon-A good friend managed to ram the needle through his finger...It was soo disgusting-.-

-Appo

Last edited:
Avoid cheap caps...I just had a bad horrible experience buying a $14 dollar hat. The picture was correct but when I got it. It literally looked like someone added a silver button to a military style patrol cap with a few added details. It was all wrong. So be weary of cheap alternatives. Just a heads up guys and gals.

I used that pattern for my own hat, but modified it somewhat. The pattern is missing bias tape around the top edges of the front and back flaps.
Bias tape is simply fabric cut at a 45° angle, and it bends easier than fabric cut lengthwise or across. It's a good idea to cut the bias first before cutting any of the other pieces.

Avoid cheap caps...I just had a bad horrible experience buying a $14 dollar hat. The picture was correct but when I got it. It literally looked like someone added a silver button to a military style patrol cap with a few added details. It was all wrong. So be weary of cheap alternatives. Just a heads up guys and gals.

Oh-That's really annoying :( That's the reason why I don't trust such products..........
(To be honest-I wanted to buy the Imp. officer from Anovos but 1) it was sold and they don't sell it anymore(at this time) and 2) there are some rumours about Anovos(eg not shipping or I ordered it 2 years ago and nothing came etc)

- - - Updated - - -

I used that pattern for my own hat, but modified it somewhat. The pattern is missing bias tape around the top edges of the front and back flaps.
Bias tape is simply fabric cut at a 45° angle, and it bends easier than fabric cut lengthwise or across. It's a good idea to cut the bias first before cutting any of the other pieces.

Thanks for the information :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! Thank you so much! :thumbsup :cheers :love

No problem :)

By the way-To everyone who want to use this pattern: Pay attention to the paper size! A friend printed it out(to make his own Imp. o. Hat) and noticed that the standard paper size (A4) was too small so the patterns were also too small! I don't know what standard paper size other countries have (eg America etc) but A4 is too small...If you open the pdf you have to modify the printing options because your printer will scale it to A4^^ (if you are using A4)

Hopefully I haven't said rubbish^^

Greetings :)

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Finished 2 of them-This is one of the two flaps :) I left the bottom open because I was unsure if I should add something like a heavyweight stabilizer^^
(If someone wonders what this strange string is....it's clothesline^^ No worry-I will remove it when the time has come to sew it to the rest of the hat. But for now, it is a good option to test the shape :) )

I always thought that the imperial officer hat is extremely complicate but he isn't :) My luck is that my sewing patterns and the patterns from above are almost the same so I can compare these two patterns :) (And so I can correct some stupid mistakes I have made during my pattern creation :) )

Last edited:
If that's the same pattern I looked at then it's supposed to be printed on Legal size paper, which is 8.5"x14". You won't be able to scale it to fit on anything smaller, you'd have to chop it up in Photoshop and then print.

I found a few people selling the aluminum disc, but I can't make a suggestion since I don't know who specifically will ship to your country. Try your favorite flavor of eBay though.

Yes, it's not an overly complicated hat but it's pretty hard to find a good one for sale. Anything cheaper than Anovos all uses the same picture, so is a $10 the same as a $40 one? I'm sure the Anovos one is nice, but years-long wait time nice? So I'll probably tackle it at some point myself.

-Rog

Could someone maybe post the patterns as a PDF file here for easy print out? Preferably on (US Standard) letter sized paper. That would be insanely awsome!

Thanks,
Alex

If that's the same pattern I looked at then it's supposed to be printed on Legal size paper, which is 8.5"x14". You won't be able to scale it to fit on anything smaller, you'd have to chop it up in Photoshop and then print.

I found a few people selling the aluminum disc, but I can't make a suggestion since I don't know who specifically will ship to your country. Try your favorite flavor of eBay though.

Yes, it's not an overly complicated hat but it's pretty hard to find a good one for sale. Anything cheaper than Anovos all uses the same picture, so is a $10 the same as a $40 one? I'm sure the Anovos one is nice, but years-long wait time nice? So I'll probably tackle it at some point myself.

-Rog

8.5"x14" is bigger than A4(Austrian standard) which is 8.27"x11.69"...Ah ok-Photoshop is also an option(my fault^^) Well I think you can actually scale it-Example: As I printed it to test the scale I saw several options 1) Print it with standard paper(in my case A4)-shown measurements: 8.27" x 11.69" 2) other measurements-And there, the scale was 8.5"x14"...Well I choosed the first option (as always) but I think if I choose the second option the printer will print it with the correct scale-Perhaps the writing will be chopped a little bit but the pattern should be in the right scale.....

I tried eBay and was unable to find something^^ Sometime it is annoying to live in Austria^^ We don't have smooth on to make helmet molds, no clay to creat models(only the clay which is drying within minutes) etc^^ I got a recommendation from a member and the products are awesome :) (It seems to be awesome) Thanks to Inquisitor Peregrinus

Yeah that's the problem...

...I think if I choose the second option the printer will print it with the correct scale-Perhaps the writing will be chopped a little bit but the pattern should be in the right scale.....

The problem is the visor, it just won't fit on anything smaller than 8.5x14. If you scale it down to fit then the hat will be child-size. That's why if you draft your own pattern to share then you'll need to break the visor into two pieces to be cut on a folded piece of fabric.

-Rog

All of my stuff was initially printed on 8.5"x11", including the visor. If it doesn't fit on that paper size, let alone something larger, I think something may be wrong. And I have a fairly average-sized head. That said, I do recommend doing the visor and front and back flaps and their facings (and interfacings) as half patterns cut on the fold to ensure symmetry.--Jonah

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back