Star Wars Credits and Coinage - References and Recreation

Thanks for the detailed information! I already imagined that this is how the industry is handling this community. But getting it confirmed by a longtime member is a really valuable insight!
Even though everything sold replicating props from a movie is technically in violation of copyright, I would stay away from the Disney park coin. Your fears are correct. People who work for them already know about this thread and your Etsy store. The moment you start selling a copy of something the parks are selling your going to paint a bigger target on yourself than you want.

You're doing some great work by the way. Happy to see the progress. There are many of the Solo coins and chips in the new Galaxy's Edge park. I'm looking forward to some RPF member posting pictures so they can be added to your reference library.

Even though everything sold replicating props from a movie is technically in violation of copyright, I would stay away from the Disney park coin. Your fears are correct. People who work for them already know about this thread and your Etsy store. The moment you start selling a copy of something the parks are selling your going to paint a bigger target on yourself than you want.

You're doing some great work by the way. Happy to see the progress. There are many of the Solo coins and chips in the new Galaxy's Edge park. I'm looking forward to some RPF member posting pictures so they can be added to your reference library.

Disney owns all of Star Wars. They are not going to draw a line in the sand over a coin. It has nothing to do with the parks either. If you don't believe me, search "Disney Haunted Mansion" on Etsy.

I'm not clear on what you were trying to say exactly. That they will or won't care?

I am intimately aware that Disney owns all of Star Wars. But then what fan doesn't know that these days?

I was just trying to say that they do pay attention and you want to be careful copying any items, but especially a product they sell. Especially one as new as this given the amount of money they just invested in it.

I'm not clear on what you were trying to say exactly. That they will or won't care?

I am intimately aware that Disney owns all of Star Wars. But then what fan doesn't know that these days?

I was just trying to say that they do pay attention and you want to be careful copying any items, but especially a product they sell. Especially one as new as this given the amount of money they just invested in it.

I a saying that with all the Star Wars replicas (and other Disney fan items and replicas) made and sold by fans, they are not going care about a coin that is getting copied. In fact Muddler's is not an exact replica as it is two sided and idealized.

I a saying that with all the Star Wars replicas (and other Disney fan items and replicas) made and sold by fans, they are not going care about a coin that is getting copied. In fact Muddler's is not an exact replica as it is two sided and idealized.
I was just giving some friendly advice. He is free to decide what to do with it as he likes. Telling him to just go for it because others out there do it, who cares, is a different take on it. It's always a calculated risk to sell items protected by copyright. Like he said, it's usually a matter of how much noise and nuisance you make around yourself. That's all I was agreeing with.

I've said my piece. In any case. I am enjoying following the process here. I love seeing makers experimenting and learning. Thanks for sharing.

In fact, I'm not working on that coin at all - Division 6 is. (But I definetely like the design...) ;)
After reading the latest discussion, I'm even more sure that I'm not going to touch that Disney Park Coin.
Call me yellow-belly if you like, but "I have a bad feeling about this". :cool:

Though I understand, that this whole "coins-issue" will surely be peanuts in Disney's eyes.
There are still enough SOLO-Coins left to replicate anyway...

I did this one inspired by a planet / city in the Catalyst book (pre R1)
Rajtiri smugglers planet, Jibuto city.
20190625_183753.jpg20190625_183721.jpg

Last edited:
Hey all!

I have been following this forum for awhile and I figured I would jump in!

As you all know, there is a host of individuals and shops that sell products.
My favorite that I have seen so far is by Synth3D on Etsy: You think it - we 3D print it. by Synth3D

I have not purchased any coin sets yet, so far I have just printed off some temporary paper copies that I then labeled.
According to the Wookiepedia Legends article titled "Galactic Credit Standard", coins were in denominations of 1, 2, and 5.
"Imperial credits existed in coins and chips of varying denominations: 0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000 and 5000. "
Only the "Imperial Coin" and "Copper Nova Crystal Coin" have Canon-confirmed credit values.
The Solo: ASWS Official Guide specifically attributes 100 credits to the "Imperial Coin" on page 90.
In Solo: ASWS, Lando and Han each bet 2,000 credits while each placed two "Copper Nova Crystal Coins" into the Game Pot.
Therefore, "Copper Nova Crystal Coins" must have a value of 1,000 credits each.

I set the credit ingots at 150, 200, 500, and 750.
For the more alien currency (dried chak root, reptilian skin, etc.) I chose to make those in denominations of 3 e.g 3, 30, 300, 3,000, and 30,000.
Please check out the "Credit Key.pdf" attached below for a complete guide of the credit values I assigned to each currency unit.
All images of coins and ingots are attributed to Synth3D: You think it - we 3D print it. by Synth3D

I should mention that I took the liberty to propose names for each currency unit that did not yet have an official Canon name.
The following currency units are the only known to actually have been given names in Canon, all of which are named in the Solo: ASWS Official Guide:
  • Mandalorian coinage
  • Imperial coin
  • Crystalline vertex coin
  • Dried chak-root
All other currency units have names that I am proposing and are all based on articles I researched on Wookiepedia.
As soon as a Canon source officially names more currency units, I will gladly concede my proposed names and edit my Credit Key PDF.
But since there was no effort to name or give values for the currencies, I chose to do so on my own :)

I also happen to have a SolidWorks 2018 license, so I created a 3D CAD model of one of the credit ingots.
I then 3D-printed the model using white PLA at actual size (and also in gray PLA at an experimentally smaller size).
Attached is "SW-CAD-3D Models.zip" which has an image of my 3D-printed ingots and some SolidWorks 2018 part files.

Thanks all and may the Force be with you!

~MOBLCIBI

Attachments

• SW-CAD-3D-Models.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 220
  • Credit Key.pdf
    555 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Recently I have been in contact with a copier of historical coins made of metal. I told him if he could make copies of my yuzluk for the wupiupis of episode 1 and this is the result.
What do you think?

Attachments

• 20191019_100524.jpg
    20191019_100524.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 20191019_100502.jpg
    20191019_100502.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 219
Recently I have been in contact with a copier of historical coins made of metal. I told him if he could make copies of my yuzluk for the wupiupis of episode 1 and this is the result.
What do you think?
Wow! That's really cool! They look pretty convincing!
Will you be offering a run or is there a chance to contact him directly?

I bought the spira the first time I visited just because I liked the look of it and it’s fun to have some in universe currency to play with. I’ve actually yet to spend all of my initial charge

Wow! That's really cool! They look pretty convincing!
Will you be offering a run or is there a chance to contact him directly?
I'm planing to do an interest run if are people interested( it's my coin and i paid the molds so... I will)
He can make copies for 7€ and I need to know if he can make some kind of offer if I want a huge lot.

I have been working on some different takes on the Mandalorian sabacc coin and bar. These are CNC milled out of aluminum. I realize they are not 100% screen accurate but I am working with the machinery and material that I have easy access to. What do you guys think? I may do a run of some in the near future.
2DE77868-E120-4B64-A883-AD1347D48586.jpeg

I have been working on some different takes on the Mandalorian sabacc coin and bar. These are CNC milled out of aluminum. I realize they are not 100% screen accurate but I am working with the machinery and material that I have easy access to. What do you guys think? I may do a run of some in the near future.
View attachment 1075453

Top right corner Mandalorian coin. Would be in for a few of those.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back