Star Wars Archives: 1977-1983

I can’t say I see square...

IMG_7250.jpg

I seem to recall reading that the blades were square, but with only two (alternating) sides covered in reflective material, so as to create a “strobing” effect when spun by the motor.

We're talking a very small amount of time too. Vader's first motorized stunt they just gave up on. If the blades were turned on the rotation might also blur edges, let alone old over exposed b&W photography. In the final film, it's there though, the square profile of Obi Wan's

I don't blame them for switching for ESB.

Looks like the V2's clamp is empty there again!

I didn’t know there was a difference with his armor?
Am thinking the Anderson set had some alterations to allow for his size difference and/or help mobility. Isn’t the cape hook slightly different too?

Just looking for anything that might help id'ing this armour, tells etc.

Cheers

Jez

CC2480F4-5F0A-42F2-AB56-337CCFA48C06.jpeg
I find myself wondering if Anderson was used in some non-stunt shots. This does not look like Prowse, to me. The person in the suit doesn’t fill it out (particularly the shoulder bells) the way Prowse does.

On the flipside, we do know for sure that the stunt helmet was used for some closeup/hero shots, too.

87C4AD5C-CCA4-43B8-AF0D-3A3A1C8E0E30.jpeg

So, check out these photos posted by oblagon. I was taking a picture of my K-23 blaster in progress and the over-exposed flash did cool things to my V2. thats Rose-gold sponged over a the original black. Used the tip from the hoth blaster's flash hider to play a trick on the eyes and get that color. I also just got an Ace antique gold spray for my yuma to better match these archive book photos.. we'll see about that one..

kV3.jpeg
K-23.jpg kv2-1.jpg

View attachment 969328 I find myself wondering if Anderson was used in some non-stunt shots. This does not look like Prowse, to me. The person in the suit doesn’t fill it out (particularly the shoulder bells) the way Prowse does.

On the flipside, we do know for sure that the stunt helmet was used for some closeup/hero shots, too.

View attachment 969327

Yes I completely agree with you, I’m sure that’s the case. It makes sense that some of non-combat shots Anderson filmed were used in the final cut

Cheers

Jez

In the Netflix documentary “I am your father” prowse goes into detail about how he was on set less and less for ESB and RoTJ

And come RoTJ he was in his trailer most of the time...

Anderson was in a padded suit, and they even had Anderson attempt the palpatine throw scene, but he wasn’t strong enough to lift paps with 1 arm

That’s when George sent someone to ask prowse if he thinks he could do it.. prowse did it first take

In the Netflix documentary “I am your father” prowse goes into detail about how he was on set less and less for ESB and RoTJ

And come RoTJ he was in his trailer most of the time...

Anderson was in a padded suit, and they even had Anderson attempt the palpatine throw scene, but he wasn’t strong enough to lift paps with 1 arm

That’s when George sent someone to ask prowse if he thinks he could do it.. prowse did it first take

I wonder if that has to do with the fact that he kinda let the cat out of the bag about Vader being Luke's father?

I wonder if that has to do with the fact that he kinda let the cat out of the bag about Vader being Luke's father?

That’s false claims... and a rumor, prowse mentioned in a interview/article back in 78 to British press, “wouldn’t it be a kind of twist if Luke and Vader were related”

That snow balled into all kinds of rumors that prowse let out this huge secret when in fact George never mentioned the relationship and I personally didn’t believe he even thought of the relationship between the 2 at the time

To back this up, prowse got very anger when he saw the empire strikes back debut with the cast and Lucas there in the theater..

Prowse’s line was “Obi-Wan killed your father..” and prowse has said on record at the time he believed Vader was lying to Luke

Lucas only told Hamill that the real line was what it is today, and he only told Hamill that because he wanted to have Hamill pull off a very heart breaking scene...

Prowse was enraged that Lucas didn’t trust him with this information

I don’t believe anyone other then Lucas, fishner, Kurtz and Hamill knew of it back then..

I’m not saying or defending prowse.. he is no angel..

But there was more bad politics involved that kept prowse locked in his trailer.. but that’s a thread for a whole other day..

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back