Star Wars Archives: 1977-1983

The angle of the blade to the lens is too acute for the reflective material to bounce any of the light back. The tip is clearly coated in reflective material though, so I put a piece on the tip of my stunt blade as well.

Kurt nice going!!

IMG_7835.jpg

I think that’s the barbican, just with Vader’s hand around the square emitter

Check out Vader’s pointer finger sticking out further

....I think that’s the barbican,....Check out Vader’s pointer finger sticking out further

I think that's his thumb? :confused:

But I agree, I think that's the barbican with the square bit being covered by his hand.

Oh, d'uh. I see what you're saying about his pointer finger. Sorry :lol:

Considering how hot we are for details on the saber used in that shot, I'd have remembered it!

I'm sorry, I meant the one with Vader and Obi and Vader is on the right swinging his BLADE at the camera, Obi is holding his saber upright, ready

but Halliwax, what is this!? That matches the screencaps we have of it, basically no emitter plate, just the flange under it

but Halliwax, what is this!? That matches the screencaps we have of it, basically no emitter plate, just the flange under it

We have better pics of that saber from the VH1 SW special posted in different threads (I don't have the photos handy on my work computer). It's the mostly all-black version rigged for the cutting Obi in half gag.

Found this image from a preview of the book on google:

1594490187202.png

Not a scan unfortunately, but kind of clear. Looks like the Barbican taking a swing at the V2 to me
I think this is what you're looking for?
Edit:
Just found a similar image in my folder of ANH duel bts images:
28 tumblr_nb77z2GLKL1s2wio8o5_1280.jpg

Yes thats the one! trying to inspect vaders blade and the blade attachment in that shot

We have better pics of that saber from the VH1 SW special posted in different threads (I don't have the photos handy on my work computer). It's the mostly all-black version rigged for the cutting Obi in half gag.

I always thought the death saber in the VH1 thing was missing the emitter plate, and halliwaxes photo seems to reinforce that idea

I haven’t seen this picture yet, I am dying to now

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back