Star Trek movie (II to VII) uniform

wayouteast

Sr Member
I've finally found some time to take some photos of my recently acquired 'Wrath of Khan' to 'Generations' era uniform. I've loved this uniform since I first saw it (in 1982 and I was 25 - I'll leave it to you to work out how ancient I am!) so I'm delighted to finally own one. The undershirt, trousers and jacket are all from the excellent SB375Logistics and I opted for the wool upgrade so are made from the same wool elastique/gaberdine/twill the originals were made from. The chest insignia is by Fansets. The belt buckle is from Sell Geek on a belt I made myself. Rank pins, pips and squeaks and security device are all printed on my resin printer from STL files by enterprisexddesign on CGTrader. The boots are Scimitar zip boots I bought on Amazon as a reasonably close approximation to the Florsheims mostly used in the films. I absolutely love this uniform.

IMG_4952.jpeg

IMG_4844.jpeg IMG_4854.jpeg IMG_4859.jpeg IMG_4903.jpeg IMG_4915.jpeg IMG_4956.jpeg IMG_5003.jpeg IMG_5012.jpeg IMG_5018.jpeg IMG_5029.jpeg

I've always loved that uniform too, what a brilliant costume design.

Your recreation of it is also brilliant, and you wear it very well!

BTW doing the maths I see we are the same age!

Excellent build! Your jacket/uniform so well made. IMO, it's better than nearly all of the uniforms I've seen in the wild. Stylistically, I love this uniform. Not so practical, but sure looks great. Like others have said, you sure wear it well. Thank you for posting it!

Do you think you can share some picture of the lining and back? I'm curious to see how the security device and strap look.

Great to see this classic uniform done well. Love the double line on the belt.
Thank you. I made the belt myself (other than the buckle, which is from Sell Geek) and tried to match the references I've seen for the originals as best I could in terms of construction. Admittedly mine isn't quite as complicated as the real ones, which were thin lambskin stitched over a thicker cowhide 'core' I believe. Mine is just thinner leather doubled over a length of fibre wadding to give it the thickness and then double stitched along the length.

Excellent build! Your jacket/uniform so well made. IMO, it's better than nearly all of the uniforms I've seen in the wild. Stylistically, I love this uniform. Not so practical, but sure looks great. Like others have said, you sure wear it well. Thank you for posting it!

Do you think you can share some picture of the lining and back? I'm curious to see how the security device and strap look.
Thank you very much! Kevin at Starbase375Logistics does an amazing job. Here are some photos of the back and lining and the back of the shoulder-strap with security device ('Spock-style' in this case though I can also swap it out for the 'Kirk-style' if I want to - that's currently on my bomber-jacket!).

IMG_5175.jpeg IMG_5177.jpeg IMG_5179.jpeg IMG_5180.jpeg IMG_5182.jpeg IMG_5183.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back