Star Wars Andor (Disney+ TV series)

I think Karn is the cautionary story of this show. My guess is that in the second season, his own mom will sell him out to the Empire because he just can't stop doing whatever he damned well pleases instead of doing what he should do.

He and Cassian are two sides of the same coin. The inciting incidents at the start of the season are due to Cassian's inability to let go of his quest to find his sister. In the same vein, Karn's inability to let go and adjust to situations is going to be his downfall, in the end.

I did have mixed feelings about Mon Mothma's storyline, as a whole. So much of it was just her pacing her apartment and worrying about covering up her sketchy financial transactions. I guess I expected more political maneuvering and intrigue, juicy Senate sparring, etc. Her kinda-sorta whoring her own daughter off via the Chandrilan betrothal tradition stuff in exchange for covering her financial tracks was kinda disturbing but overall her plotline wasn't as interesting as I hoped, although Genevieve O'Reilly did a great job and portrays the character so well.

It's bad writing. Mon Mothma doesn't seem to want to ask Luthen (sp?) for the money, which he has, but she's willing to pimp her daughter out. Granted her daughter is a complete brat and would likely sell her out to the Empire if she finds out anything, but still.

None of my predictions have come true so far.

Here is another prediction.

Bix will survive the second season and have her own series that takes place after Rogue One. Cinta and/or Val may be in it, too.

All three will work at Dex's Diner at a new Robert Rodriguez joint called of course, Dex''s. It will feature Bix as a young mother trying to raise a young adopted gungan whome itself has no gender identity yet is beyond gifted at any task at hand, comedy ensues when Cinta and Val consistently clash with everything from clothing to which side of the plate the fork goes on. All while Dex runs his diner dishing out positive messages and life advice to all within earshot, and let's not understate the size of the mouth on Dex. You'll laugh, you'll cry, of course only if you love free-range vegan soy kale chips, baked, not fried. Dex's Diner, the first 48 episodes of season one streaming only on Disney+, and Apple TV, because reasons.

It's bad writing. Mon Mothma doesn't seem to want to ask Luthen (sp?) for the money,...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and speculate she has a plan. Once the kids are married, daughter is then legally part of both families. What's to stop someone like Mon Mothma from nudging her way into a takeover of crime guys funds. That could pave the road for how Dad Mothma and Duaghter Mothma meet their demise when crime guy sets out to end Mon Mothma... Could be another prequel style car bomb scene.

Okay, two thoughts that I am thoughting:

1. Showing that the parts Andor was making ended up in the Death Star isn't intended to be a big revelation - it's just a nice bonus. That's why it's after the credits! To me, what it shows is that rather than Andor making some stuff that could potentially be anything, it states definitively that he's making parts for the weapon of war that ends up killing him. Through his actions in Rogue One, he helps avenge his own forthcoming death!

2. I think Syril's interest in Dedra is not romantic. He views her as a substitute mother figure. He can't please his mother and win her approval so he tries to win approval from another figure that can give him the validation he seeks. My prediction is that Dedra uses Syril and then ultimately rejects him when he's no longer useful. Syril can't handle being spurned by his substitute mother figure and ends up killing her.

Lots of people seem to find Andor as a character boring. I think his passive/ distanced depiction is exactly what we are supposed to see. The world/ system/ empire has been happening around him, to him. He is a passenger in the plot not really an instrumental protagonist - towards the end of the series we see him taking charge of his life - and we end the finale with him putting his life on the line to become the protagonist for the remainder of his story.
It’s not your traditional heroes journey - and that’s great!
It’s had a few hiccups but this is the best Star Wars since TESB. (Even though it’s not really Star Wars ;)

To me, what defines Star Wars as being Star Wars is quite nebulous. It'll be different for each person and informed, in part, by their own Star Wars experiences - what trilogy they saw first etc.
For some people, Star Wars is lightsabers and Skywalkers, R2 droids and force users.
For me it's that and more. It's a big, wide universe and ripe for exploring. The Skywalker saga is well trodden and I'm interested in what more there is to find out there. Which, although I like The Mandalorian, is why I'm a bit disappointed they strayed back toward Luke Skywalker.
Some have said Andor doesn't feel like SW to them. People have noted the lack of aliens. That's fine. To me, it seems logical that there will be parts of the universe that are more heavily occupied by humans, some parts that are more heavily occupied by aliens, and some that are a mix. God forbid there's a planet inhabited entirely by Gonk droids :oops:
I don't mind the more serious adult tone either. Mainstream and child audiences are well served by the SW universe. It's nice to have a more grown-up take too.

I hate this show, I hate this show,....crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does it have to be so well done. o_O :cautious: :unsure:

I rarely like a new ship in any sci fi. OT guy, original Battle Star Galactica guy. Fudge I am getting old.:mad:

Ironically one of my favorite ships is from Roque One. My beloved U wing. A movie I think was totally unnessecary nor asked for. Anyway an okay movie, did not ruin anything at least, but ironically produced one of the few more recent ships I love. Gosh Diddly Darn it Andor did it again as I love Luthen's ship, minus the stupid lightsaber weapon, and the fact that they really have not given us a good look at it.

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Andor people, watch OT to learn how to show off your heroes ship.

Anyway here is an article on it. I have not read it yet but it looks interesting.

Stupid, well done show. Hey Kathy, you evil witch, and George with your Prequals, this is how you do something where you actually learn about characters.

After three prequals and a TV show we learned jack about Obi Wan. He might have had a brother. WTF????????????? So the Jedi kidnaps children at a young age and they never see their family again or even know anything about them.

They also left no doubt Anakin slaughters children which is sick. I always said there is no way Vader would slaughter children and that he likely helped them escape. Vader had beliefs and reasons for what he did in the OT. Nope, we gonna show him murder defenseless kids, cause Palpatine said to. Still not sure why he turned evil. Ten minutes earlier he was a good guy.

Solo-He knows his father thus he knows his last name and it was always SOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was crap. Plus Han was never a dumbass. Lando never had to try to be cool. He just was.

So when it comes to true character development and backstory we did not get it with most of our main characters through prequals, sequels, and crappy TV shows, but we finally get it with the one character we never even knew about until Roque one and the other, an OT character was on screen for two or so minutes in ROTJ and cut from Ep 3.

Sorry, I am ranting this morning. I guess it's because Obi and Boba are two of my favorite characters ever, and after Mando being pretty good I was actually looking forward to the two shows. Them sucking so bad is just very sad, and yet you see all the love and care that has gone into Andor. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate how many cool things and props this show comes up with. A Rebellion Manifesto.. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick: :eek: :unsure: :mad: :love: (n) o_O :cautious:

Also stop killing the few characters I like you Jackasses, at least not until later. The kid with the camera scanner and manifesto and the guy who Cassian murdered outside the tent are two I liked you dumb dingos.(n)(n)(n):mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused:

I sure hope the poor guy was not testing Andor as he murdered him that instant.

Stupid well done show with it's cool props.:sick::eek::confused::mad::cautious:

Last edited:
Was this shown in the show?

Thanks

1669520252607.png

I hate how many cool things and props this show comes up with. A Rebellion Manifesto.. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick: :eek: :unsure: :mad: :love: (n) o_O :cautious:

Also stop killing the few characters I like you Jackasses, at least not until later. The kid with the camera scanner and manifesto and the guy who Cassian murdered outside the tent are two I liked you dumb dingos.(n)(n)(n):mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused:

I sure hope the poor guy was not testing Andor as he murdered him that instant.

Stupid well done show with it's cool props.:sick::eek::confused::mad::cautious:
Ebon Moss-Bachrach is shooting "Bear", season 2...he had to be killed-off;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back