Star Wars Andor (Disney+ TV series)

Anyone find it odd that there was no mention of a prison facility being completely overrun after it happened? Youd think that would be on the ISB radar.
Yes indeed. It seems like it would be natural for the ISB to investigate to find the root cause, see if there was any connection to the rebel effort or any potential for escalation/riots/escape attempts in other prisons. For them to not even mention it was a bit odd and seemed more like an oversight in writing as it was a massive part of the plot.

They may very well address it in season 2. I doubt they would've had the conversation between Cassian and the other escaped convict about splitting up and spreading the word about what's going on in the prisons if it wasn't going to be addressed at all in the future in any form. But you never know.

I was also surprised it wasn't mentioned by the ISB, but then again, it was an internal event and may not have been on their radar. Imperial staff survived (at least from what we saw), and they would report that the prisoners engineered their escape from within and there was no external assistance. With the size of the Imperial bureaucracy, and reluctance of any particular branch to report things that make them look bad, it may not have been widely reported. Also, the ISB was focused on Ferrix and the Rebel raid on the power station.

I think that would have been a good opportunity for a different post-credits scene. Instead of the droids on the superlaser they could have had something like this:

Imperial officer with face to camera speaking to an unseen hologram, explaining that progress on Project (whatever) has slowed due to a disruption in the supply chain - apparently the labour facility on Narkina 5 suffered a temporary personnel disruption. This has been remedied as all staff and labourers have been forcibly replaced. Cut to reveal the hologram and it's Krennic looking mad.

That would have been an alternative take on the Death Star reveal.

Personally I didn't take the post-credits scene as either fan service or a nostalgia bit, but instead, it gave the show's second season a ticking clock.

The Empire, up till now, has maintained control by intimidation using local government loyalists & a corrupt Senate. As we know, in ANH, Palpatine has just dissolved the Senate because he believes the threat of the Death Star will be enough to "keep them in line". I also believe in season 2, we'll see him using the discovery of Mon Mothma & maybe even Bail Organa as Rebel leaders to justify the dissolution of the Senate to the public, framing it as betrayal much like he used to justify the hunting of the Jedi. The key is the operation of the functioning turbolaser on the DS, as that's the 'TEETH' of the monster.

As we saw in this show, the heist on Aldani was the first 'real' blow to the Empire that the Rebels struck, so we're leading up to the biggest blow, the destruction of the DS. Since we saw the installation of the dish in ROGUE ONE, the show can use the progression of it's construction to frame it's time jumps in season 2.

This is my belief simply because Tony Gilroy has said several times that he didn't set out to make a Star Wars show. He wanted to make the show about Cassian Andor's journey that was simply set in that universe, so I believe everything we see will serve a purpose to the story instead of just being fan-wankery for nostalgia's sake. We've not seen otherwise in 12 episodes, so I don't think he's going to crap the bed in 12 more.

Also, for those that may have not seen any interviews, Gilroy has stated that the sister will be addressed in season 2

One time, my ex-girlfriend’s best friend left her long time boyfriend, just so she could focus on her career as an actress, but she is still a barista at Starbucks, so I bet she makes a really good frappe by now.
Well, no matter how much you work at it (career, hobby, etc) and how much great skills you possess; it comes to one thing, and one thing only: luck!o_O
As for the prison break=out; the Empire will have an internal "Lesson Learned Report/investigation" and will re-open the facility with better ways to keep the prisoners in line. No need to alert the ISB on that one...move-on, nothing to see here.

Edit: Actually, human prisoners, instead of robots, make sense: at the end of their life; harvest their organs for the Empire(y):eek::oops::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Last edited:
I never saw it and it makes zero sense. I doubt the ship could maneuver itself into that position and the amount of heavy tractor beams you'd need to reorient it like that wouldn't make sense. You would just land it and start dismantling it. I think it's a case of concept artists trying to be clever.

That could be, but it's not a trope when you have Book of Boba Fett, Obi-Wan Kenobi, etc. Like I heard someone say "When you're fed dog crap long enough, and you are given dirt to eat, that's seems like the best thing you've ever eaten."
it's not just "could be" it's a fact. and to clarify my trope point, just insert "bad reading" or "not quite listening" or "bad comprehension" for " bad writing". (it's been a trope of post writers here throwing" bad writing" around is what i meant). you want bad writing? reread the eu lol

Try
Has Gilroy said anything about why we didn't see the ISB reaction to the prison breakout?

They would have swept it under the rug.
They established that Empire just wants to preserve the illusion of stability. And, in this system, nobody is rewarded for being the bearer of bad news. That's why Syril's commanding officer wants him to bury the murder case in the first episode.

Dedra Meero's boss, Major Partagaz, eventually does the same thing. Behind her back, they have Bix (who is already broken to the point of suggestibility) interrogated about Kreegyr. It is implied that someone (probably Major Partagaz) saw the opportunity to wrap up the Aldhani situation by pinning the whole thing on Kreegyr so he can put Palpatine at ease when the gang is killed. He even tells her so. At first I didn't understand why they didn't keep anyone to interrogate, until I realized it was likely deliberate. At the end of the day, Partagaz is probably better off being able to tell his superiors that he has everything under control.

They would have swept it under the rug.
They established that Empire just wants to preserve the illusion of stability. And, in this system, nobody is rewarded for being the bearer of bad news. That's why Syril's commanding officer wants him to bury the murder case in the first episode.

Dedra Meero's boss, Major Partagaz, eventually does the same thing. Behind her back, they have Bix (who is already broken to the point of suggestibility) interrogated about Kreegyr. It is implied that someone (probably Major Partagaz) saw the opportunity to wrap up the Aldhani situation by pinning the whole thing on Kreegyr so he can put Palpatine at ease when the gang is killed. He even tells her so. At first I didn't understand why they didn't keep anyone to interrogate, until I realized it was likely deliberate. At the end of the day, Partagaz is probably better off being able to tell his superiors that he has everything under control.

This was my take on it as well. Breaking that news to higher ups surely would’ve led to serious repercussions for everyone working at the prison…most likely in the form of losing their lives…so they likely did one of two things:

1. Everything is under control, situation normal.
2. We had an event that required us to eliminate every prisoner.

They’d already killed an entire floor and nobody cared. Why do we have any reason to believe anybody would care if they killed every prisoner there?

I firmly believe the ISB wasn’t made aware of it because it never made it out of the doors of that prison.

Last edited:
it's not just "could be" it's a fact. and to clarify my trope point, just insert "bad reading" or "not quite listening" or "bad comprehension" for " bad writing". (it's been a trope of post writers here throwing" bad writing" around is what i meant). you want bad writing? reread the eu lol

So far most of the original EU is better than anything Disney has put out. There are several series there I'd rather read than watch any of the new stuff. For example, the Mandalorian stuff in the Republic Commando novels is much cooler than what's in the series, though at least the series is good.

So far most of the original EU is better than anything Disney has put out. There are several series there I'd rather read than watch any of the new stuff. For example, the Mandalorian stuff in the Republic Commando novels is much cooler than what's in the series, though at least the series is good.
Exactly,look how the Thrawn trilogy helped keep Star Wars fans excited about it when there were no new Star Wars content.Now we have a Star Wars over saturation and what has BOBF and OWK series done?KOTOR had a better story and characters compared to the new Star Wars(imo).I’ll take a lot of the EU Star Wars over the Disney Star Wars.

Last edited:
I was also surprised it wasn't mentioned by the ISB, but then again, it was an internal event and may not have been on their radar. Imperial staff survived (at least from what we saw), and they would report that the prisoners engineered their escape from within and there was no external assistance. With the size of the Imperial bureaucracy, and reluctance of any particular branch to report things that make them look bad, it may not have been widely reported. Also, the ISB was focused on Ferrix and the Rebel raid on the power station.
It's also entirely possible that prisons and prison breaks don't fall under the purview of the ISB and are purely an internal matter of the Imperial prison system/bureau. It makes sense when you think of it, it's not like a prison break somewhere in the US is reported to any one of our many alphabet intelligence agencies, it might go as far as the US Marshal's office but that's likely it wouldn't interest the FBI unless it was somehow confirmed that some of the escapees crossed state lines. In the Star Wars universe, I don't think that the prison break would go beyond the local Moff, if even that high.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back