Star Wars Andor (Disney+ TV series)

So far I'm liking Andor a lot.

Not everyone is going to agree with me, but this is more of the Star Wars I wanted to see - more of the stories about people who populate the SW universe that help build the world. A New Hope had a lot of that IRL feel when it dwelled on Tatooine.

We need more stories that do more world-building to corners of the SW universe like this. I pray we don't see Vader in this series.

I love the writing and the acting so far. Characters have genuine gravity and are written with nuance. Diego was fascinating to watch in Rogue One and he's just as strong here. They paired him up with some excellent supporting actors. I've watched the first episode again just for some of the performances.

Sure, they could have dumped more bucks into costuming and props. But it isn't enough to spoil the immersion for me. I think it is harder to suspend disbelief in a production dominated by expensive costumes, props and effects when the script and acting are lacking. Fortunately this isn't Rings of Power.

Three episodes to say he did something bad that forced him to flee and get picked up by the rebellion is a slow pace.

It has a very different feel to it, which I think is good. It does seem to be more focused on story which is something not much post sale can say. But I definitely see why they put the first 3 out at once. You have to get that far to get people genuinely interested in tuning in next week.

When I first saw Rogue One, my reaction was, “Wow, I’m finally seeing a war in Star Wars!”

The rebellion had been painted as the bright spot of good guys in the universe saving the galaxy from the bad Empire. But there are a lot of average people getting caught in the crossfire in the war. Without a second thought. And the “good guys” did bad things to progress the rebellion.

I‘ve said before how Luke killed an entire group of people to get Han back from Jabba, who had a LEGAL right to him, as Han didn’t pay off his debt. Luke did this, and killed dozens of innocents not because they were Imperial agents oppressing the people, but because he wanted his bestie back. He used his powers for personal, selfish gain and killed dozens doing so.

But, we the audience labeled them all as bad, so it’s ok!

You have to get a lot of dirt on your hands before you can clean the area, and this show is showing the non-glamorized side of the rebellion. The group looking for people with nothing to lose, so that they can kill in the name of the greater good!

So far I liked the first 2 episodes and knowing that he dies at the end in RO does make for a sort of melancholic background to it all.
It's the universal truth that we're all going to die and that life has its load of suffering (some were born under the wrong star).
To see our main character make decisions that will influence his life as much as his death (the great unknown) is quite unique into the SW World.
"Show me how you died and I'll show you who you were" is more than ever the mantra used in this series. Love it so far because it deals with an adult story...:)(y)(y)

The making of bricks (specially in Third World Countries) is as ancient as...well, the first societies. Easy to make with local material. I can see its use in a SW World!

True, but I live in a red brick house, see them everyday.
George was very particular about giving the SW universe a look & feel, yes there were things in that universe that we see every day in our world, but slowly every new Disney SW product establishes ‘ordinary’ things that weren’t permitted before

J

True, but I live in a red brick house, see them everyday.
George was very particular about giving the SW universe a look & feel, yes there were things in that universe that we see every day in our world, but slowly every new Disney SW product establishes ‘ordinary’ things that weren’t permitted before

J
Well; with that thought in mind, I'm sure our Tunisian friends saw Luke's home and said: "C'mon!!":)))

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back