Star Trek: The Next Generation Hypospray and Medical Scanner from Factory Entertainment

How could they get this so wrong? Does anyone know what they were given access to and could those have been smaller compared to other versions as we know they did make changes to other props over the years.

For what they charged for this I would be looking for a way to return it. It seems to me that they spent more money on the display than they did on the prop!

Ouch! So their website says "Factory Entertainment’s TNG Medical Set Replica has been copied directly from surviving resources in the CBS archives to ensure accuracy. Our development team also spent many hours analyzing footage to fine-tune the details."

Regarding the cricket phasers, the website has specific dimensions of "3 x 1¼ x 1” (76 x 31 x 25mm)". Assuming these are correct for their replica, does anyone know if these are correct for the actual props?

For what they charged for this I would be looking for a way to return it. It seems to me that they spent more money on the display than they did on the prop!
A good point Funky and maybe what happened.? It is significantly smaller I was surprised just how much smaller

Has anyone reached out to them to find out what they have to say? I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on this one and I'm not that sure about getting any other Star Trek props they may do even though I'm hoping they do the TNG Phasers and Tricorders after the Crickets.

I thought famous prop treasures in the UK were getting into Hyposprays? You'd probably be better off ordering from them. From what I've heard their combadges are the best of the best in terms of quality and accuracy.

Has anyone reached out to them to find out what they have to say? I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on this one and I'm not that sure about getting any other Star Trek props they may do even though I'm hoping they do the TNG Phasers and Tricorders after the Crickets.
I was wondering the same thing…

Haven’t had a chance to open mine yet, but will follow up with FE once I can check mine out.

Sean

I thought famous prop treasures in the UK were getting into Hyposprays? You'd probably be better off ordering from them. From what I've heard their combadges are the best of the best in terms of quality and accuracy.
I got several of FPT's VOY era combadges earlier this year and have to agree, their products are spot on and reasonably priced as well.

The sizing of the Factory Entertainment hypospray appears similar to Stapleton’s hypospray kit, which is smaller than the screen-used version. Attached here are pics of a Stapleton kit (i.e. the smaller one) that I finished a couple of years ago compared to a hypo I bought on eBay already finished. The size difference seems in line with the FE version.

FWIW: A collector friend of mine purchased all 6 variations of the Famous Prop Treasures hyposprays on Etsy and I can confirm they’re just as beautifully crafted and finished as their comm badges (of which I own each variation). Their machined-brass nozzle is really stunning in person and its weight adds a nice “heft” to the piece.

So, if you’re looking for a hypo (or any of the props FPT currently offers), you’d be hard-pressed to find better versions IMO. I really hope FPT broadens their range (e.g. a machined-aluminum Mark VII medical scanner with the chasing green LEDs). They seem to have access to a top-notch machine shop (no pun intended) so I have no doubt their scanner version would be essentially perfect if they decided to produce one. Fingers crossed!

Attachments

• 444902FD-BFAD-46AB-A13A-3C2633D03C7A.jpeg
    444902FD-BFAD-46AB-A13A-3C2633D03C7A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 84
  • 0496E65C-1E46-4855-B6EE-14878EAB096D.jpeg
    0496E65C-1E46-4855-B6EE-14878EAB096D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
  • 79B30CAE-C0E4-472A-9061-76A62734C9F8.jpeg
    79B30CAE-C0E4-472A-9061-76A62734C9F8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
The sizing of the Factory Entertainment hypospray appears similar to Stapleton’s hypospray kit, which is smaller than the screen-used version. Attached here are pics of a Stapleton kit (i.e. the smaller one) that I finished a couple of years ago compared to a hypo I bought on eBay already finished. The size difference seems in line with the FE version.

FWIW: A collector friend of mine purchased all 6 variations of the Famous Prop Treasures hyposprays on Etsy and I can confirm they’re just as beautifully crafted and finished as their comm badges (of which I own each variation). Their machined-brass nozzle is really stunning in person and its weight adds a nice “heft” to the piece.

So, if you’re looking for a hypo (or any of the props FPT currently offers), you’d be hard-pressed to find better versions IMO. I really hope FPT broadens their range (e.g. a machined-aluminum Mark VII medical scanner with the chasing green LEDs). They seem to have access to a top-notch machine shop (no pun intended) so I have no doubt their scanner version would be essentially perfect if they decided to produce one. Fingers crossed!
Yeah, you see, I can't justify that ratanale. If I understand you, they went wit Stapleton's size, not a screenused one like they claimed, presumabley to save money? Look, it's a beutiful piece, I dont think anyone is disputing that. But just KNOWING its not full sized, especially at THIS price, is a bitter pill to swallow.
By all means, If I misunderstood your post, please correct me.

Yeah, you see, I can't justify that ratanale. If I understand you, they went wit Stapleton's size, not a screenused one like they claimed, presumabley to save money? Look, it's a beutiful piece, I dont think anyone is disputing that. But just KNOWING its not full sized, especially at THIS price, is a bitter pill to swallow.
By all means, If I misunderstood your post, please correct me.
Yep - you’ve got it right. Hard to say if it was definitely the Stapleton kit that FE used for sizing, but sure seems like that could be the case. Regardless, it’s way to small.

I very nearly bought the FE medical kit when it was announced but opted not to when I saw how small the prototype hypo appeared in the pics they posted. I figured if the final product’s size was corrected at launch, I could always buy one later, but won’t be doing that. The scale thing is pretty egregious, particularly at that price.

Here's the screen accurate DS9 Blood sample Hypo I made. it has sound and runs on 3xAAA batteries. I didn't charge 400 lol. I think the one they sell is very undersized, though.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 72

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back