Interest Star Trek The Next Generation - 'Hotel Royale' Novel

DB537

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Updated cover art with the photo from the 1988 ad scan

HR Mockup 4.jpg

The color is too dark, and will be adjusted to appear brighter on the actual cover when I'm done editing the photo.

Roland is also helping me on this project and is correcting the inaccurate text font to make it look like the typeface on the original prop.

The 'Option 2' filler version will obviously be completed first. I'm currently working on the first few pages, last few pages, page 244, some random interior pages, and about 12 different repeating filler pages with random text or nonsense. The dimensions of the book have also been figured out, and I have an accurate spine thickness and page count thanks to some helpful assistance from Roland.

The work on the 'Option 1' story version of the book will begin after the first printing of the filler version has been delivered.
I have about 6 different projects going on right now, so it will be important for me to pace myself so I don't get burned out.

Last edited:

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Glad I'm on board. I love that you found the actual cover art. This'll be a great prop !

MGC

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm interested in an Option 2, please.

This is a really phenomenal work, and such a fun item.

DB537

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm slowly making some progress on the filler pages and trying to make sure the fonts and other details look correct for a generic late 1990s novel.

It won't be necessary to specific which version you want, because I'll have each of them listed separately on Etsy as soon as they are ready to ship.
I'll message everyone on the list and also post here when they are ready. Makes it easier for me to keep track of everything since I have a couple of
different runs going right now.

DB537

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is what I have so far for the title page. I'm doing some tweaks to the intro page at the moment and will post that later tonight.

Also I'm working on the actual writing for the rest of the filler material, and doing what I can to make it less obvious that it's only filler.

Title Page.jpg

I've been reading an earlier draft of the script for reference, and it deviates quite a bit from the final episode, especially the ending.

Last edited:

Aldo The Apache

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is what I have so far for the title page. I'm doing some tweaks to the intro page at the moment and will post that later tonight.

Also I'm working on the actual writing for the rest of the filler material, and doing what I can to make it less obvious that it's only filler.

View attachment 839706

I've been reading an earlier draft of the script for reference, and it deviates quite a bit from the final episode, especially the ending.
Looks awesome.

DB537

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Samples of some of the filler and the cover page.

The filler version of the book will have a single 20-ish page chapter (in addition to page 1) that is written so that the final page continues into page 2 and repeats as many times as necessary to fill the book. It will also be written in such a way that page 244 fits into the sequence without looking out-of-place. There will be a chapter break in the middle of the sequence, which will be renumbered along with each of the pages so that the count looks right when you flip through the pages.

Just as a disclaimer, the writing is intentionally hack-quality garbage. I have virtually zero skill as a writer, so I'm just stringing some semi-coherent stuff together for the book.

Royale Todd.jpgTitle Page.jpgRoyale Page 1.jpg

DB537

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For the purpose of acquiring more interest, you should probably add the estimated cost of both versions to your post #1, so people can make up their mind easier.
I added the cost to post #1. I meant to do it last week but overlooked it. Thanks for the reminder. :cool