Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

The Terminator

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I feel like if they let Aaron Sorkin write the new Trek, it would be superior to all Trek before.
That could be interesting, which I say as a fan of his work...

newsroom.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Lightning

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to trek. Discovery season 1 and 2 were hurt by behind the scenes drama. Season 3 was better, but not yet great. Picard shows glimmers of promise, but has some issues. SNW is supposed to be classic Star Trek, as they have stated their goal is to have all the shows have very different feels, so as to not promote burnout. You just have to get past the aesthetic redesign, which, while more than I would have preferred, is worlds better than JJTrek.

CessnaDriver

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'till the morning light
He's gotta be sure, and it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life

Who can save Star Trek????? I know of one HUGE fan that is quite powerful in Hollywood.

Inquisitor Peregrinus

Master Member
Frankly, I want Rod Roddenberry to find a way to take it back, and then put Ira Behr in charge of production. Rod didn't "get" Star Trek when he was growing up -- it was always just the thing that kept his dad from being home. He actually rather resented it. At some point, about the time CBS/Viacom were pushing up their sleeves to start seriously screwing up Trek, he had an encounter with a fan. In the most general terms, he asked why the guy loved Star Trek so much, and the guy told him, and Rod's ghast was solidly flabbered. He made a documentary about his delve into finding out what Trek meant to the people who love it, why it's so important. I highly recommend watching it. Some of the other things he's done around and since that project... Well, I'll just say in closing that I trust him to do it right more than anyone else. Even me (I know and get Star Trek, but I'm not in "the biz" -- I'd likely get chewed up and spat out... I'd make a good story editor, but not a showrunner).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.