Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

This seems apropos.

False equivalency.

TNG overcame its rocky start and became a quality show, with huge merchandise sales, international acclaim, an Emmy nod for Best Drama Series, and four feature-film spin-offs.

By contrast, NuTREK has almost no merchandise to speak of, international apathy (most normal people I’ve spoken to don’t even know that new STAR TREK shows are still being made), some pity nominations for technical awards (SFX, makeup, etc.), and multiple TV spin-offs that no one watches in appreciable numbers (…one of which was cancelled).

TNG continues to be watched and beloved, 30-plus years later.

In a few years, when all of the hubbub over NuTREK has died down, no one will care, and it’ll be a mere footnote in discussions of the sad end of the franchise. They’ve had six years (14, if you count the Abrams movies) to pull a TNG season 3-style-recovery and produce something, anything worthy of the name STAR TREK.

They continue to fail. It ain’t gonna happen. Ever.

No classic episodes to be obsessed over and rewatched. No best-selling model kits with multiple pressings for decades. No tell-all making-of books. No retrospective TV specials or documentaries. Just Blu-Rays and DVDs being used as coasters and sold in thrift stores, and YouTube videos examining how STAR TREK went from the Rolls Royce of sci-fi TV to the junkyard.

:lol: Next season on ST:SNW…

IMG_0322.jpeg

Last edited:
Finished the season last night.

My only question is what's up with the Gorn?

They don't seem smart enough to have invented space travel. Every Gorn you see acts very animalistic, even the one plunking away at the command codes on the wreck of the Cayuga barely seems sentient.

They don't seem smart enough to have invented space travel. Every Gorn you see acts very animalistic, even the one plunking away at the command codes on the wreck of the Cayuga barely seems sentient.

Bingo…

The Gorn behave like wild animals…but how, exactly, have they created a space faring civilization??

I doubt that the writers have considered how, exactly, Gorn civilization works in SNW.

Last edited:
Bingo…

The Gorn behave like wild animals…but how, exactly, have they created a space faring civilization??

I doubt that the writers have considered how, exactly, Gorn civilization works in SNW.
Not to mention that hatchlings will eat each other so that only the most dominant ones live.

The production team can’t wrap their minds around the fact that other demographics beyond 13 year olds watch Trek.

Finished the season last night.

My only question is what's up with the Gorn?

Not to mention that hatchlings will eat each other so that only the most dominant ones live

Miss the bit where the adolescents were working together, and the away team was surprised? They are clearly laying the groundwork for reveals about the nature of Gorn society in the future. You don't have your Captiain call them Monsters if you aren't going to have him learn that they aren't.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back