Deprecated Star Trek Movie Communicator Grills (FLM Concepts banned)

Re: Star Trek Movie Communicator Grills (Lids) - Now with Preformed Option!

The worst part of this whole thing is that unless there are people who ordered who have not chimed in. It looks like only 9 or 10 people did not get any product or communication. There is no excuse for not keeping in touch with 9 people, and because of the way she made these lids there is no excuse to be this far behind. Her machine could have cranked these out in an afternoon.

The worst part of this whole thing is that unless there are people who ordered who have not chimed in. It looks like only 9 or 10 people did not get any product or communication. There is no excuse for not keeping in touch with 9 people, and because of the way she made these lids there is no excuse to be this far behind. Her machine could have cranked these out in an afternoon.

Agreed. It would be reasonable to presume there are others that haven't chimed in, which does make the situation worse. There's no telling how much money she took, but that should be irrelevant; stealing is stealing. In any case, I highly doubt she'll show back up here or anywhere else. She got the money she wanted (which explains her failed IndieGoGo page, incidentally) and we got the shaft.

I purchased 4 lids in total - 1 STIII, 2 STV, 1 thicker STIII. The first was delivered, but I sent it back when the free bending was offered. I did not receive it back or any further lids.

? What does this mean? I missed this.

You didn't know? Take a look... https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-prop-makers-machinist

She set up an IndieGoGo page to get folks to fund her machine shop. Her campaign ended on the 17th of June, with ZERO contributions; While I have no issue with helping folks out like that, the sheer listing of items she wanted to use the money for makes me wonder if she actually had the machinery to fabricate these grills at all.

EDIT: This page, by the way, was listed on her Facebook page for FLM Concepts.

You didn't know? Take a look... https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-prop-makers-machinist

She set up an IndieGoGo page to get folks to fund her machine shop. Her campaign ended on the 17th of June, with ZERO contributions; While I have no issue with helping folks out like that, the sheer listing of items she wanted to use the money for makes me wonder if she actually had the machinery to fabricate these grills at all.

EDIT: This page, by the way, was listed on her Facebook page for FLM Concepts.

I never saw that page.

Well I do know that a few people did get grills at first so my guess is she did have a machine at least for awhile. I guess she failed at getting her foot in the prop door.

I never saw that page.

Well I do know that a few people did get grills at first so my guess is she did have a machine at least for awhile. I guess she failed at getting her foot in the prop door.

I'm thinking she had access to a machine alright, but it wasn't hers. I'm thinking she paid for the time and mats, realized she was in way over her head with the orders, made what she could to make herself look good, then took off with the rest. I don't care what anyone else says, but this reeks of premeditation on her part.

I'm thinking she had access to a machine alright, but it wasn't hers. I'm thinking she paid for the time and mats, realized she was in way over her head with the orders, made what she could to make herself look good, then took off with the rest. I don't care what anyone else says, but this reeks of premeditation on her part.

According to the beginning of the thread she had 16 a Trek III Lids and 11Trek V lids when the run started; the photos seemed to support this claim.

I assume that at least a dozen members may have received their orders?

I purchased 4 lids in total - 1 STIII, 2 STV, 1 thicker STIII. The first was delivered, but I sent it back when the free bending was offered. I did not receive it back or any further lids.

Mine is basically the same story, bought 1 STIII lid, received it and sent it back for the free bending, then ordered another one and a STV lid and now nothing!

Don't misunderstand me. I am not condoning her actions at all. I'm just trying to figure them out.

According to the beginning of the thread she had 16 a Trek III Lids and 11Trek V lids when the run started; the photos seemed to support this claim.

I assume that at least a dozen members may have received their orders?

This is true and the pictures do support the numbers of lids she had ready, but it doesn't explain the sudden excuses that cropped up after several orders had been placed afterwards. Insofar as how many people did, in fact, receive their orders, I'd say your guess of 12 is just about right, but I'd think that's going to be 12 people at MOST. Too many folks here and on TPZ are giving the same story, that being she was paid money for a product and never delivered.

Don't misunderstand me. I am not condoning her actions at all. I'm just trying to figure them out.

I never thought otherwise. :) I think we're all wanting answers (not to mention refunds for those who got shafted) at this point, and sadly though it seems we'll never get them.

This is true and the pictures do support the numbers of lids she had ready, but it doesn't explain the sudden excuses that cropped up after several orders had been placed afterwards. Insofar as how many people did, in fact, receive their orders, I'd say your guess of 12 is just about right, but I'd think that's going to be 12 people at MOST. Too many folks here and on TPZ are giving the same story, that being she was paid money for a product and never delivered.

I never thought otherwise. :) I think we're all wanting answers (not to mention refunds for those who got shafted) at this point, and sadly though it seems we'll never get them.

Per his post over at the TPZ, 10 Star Trek III lids went to Nicksdad, which accounts for the lion's share of what we know for certain were completed of the Trek III run per the earlier posts in this thread.

Per his post over at the TPZ, 10 Star Trek III lids went to Nicksdad, which accounts for the lion's share of what we know for certain were completed of the Trek III run per the earlier posts in this thread.

That has me curious; Nicksdad ordered the most, but what of the others she claimed were ready to go? Who got the remaining lids? If anyone actually got their order, please chime in here, as this is becoming quite interesting.

That has me curious; Nicksdad ordered the most, but what of the others she claimed were ready to go? Who got the remaining lids? If anyone actually got their order, please chime in here, as this is becoming quite interesting.
I got 2 in the beginning to create the kits. I know that the owner of TPZ and at least one other member there got their lids

I guess i should chime in as well. I ordered 3 lids, one of each I think, it's been so long I don't even remember. She was also going to make some mid plates that fit the Roddenberry version for me. Those weren't ready yet, so I have only paid for the lids.

My friend and I got our PayPal refunds.

Anyone have any ideas how we can source replacement lids? Maybe someone can use one of the received lids as a template to machine others? Myron any ideas? I have to finish your beautiful comm. It is lonely without a lid.

Anyone have any ideas how we can source replacement lids? Maybe someone can use one of the received lids as a template to machine others? Myron any ideas? I have to finish your beautiful comm. It is lonely without a lid.

Agreed. The last I heard, Myron was attempting to find a new source, but I think it might be wise for us to look at every option possible. If ANYONE out there can take this project, let us know. A LOT of people would be grateful.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back