Interest Star Trek Final Frontier Captain Kirk Bomber Jackets

I could be wrong…unless there was more than one Scotty jacket made.

An unaltered Scotty Bomber still exists:

I also just realized that Fleet Admiral Morrow wore one too.

IMG_0390.jpeg

Last edited:
OK the belt buckle is always blank. I'm also leaning towards Morrow and Kirk wearing the same jacket, and Scotty having a different one. Kirk's shoulder strap has migrated over a half inch but there's a crease on the shoulder ridge that looks the same on both to me.

We have just got the 3D model ready for the belt buckle. What do you guys think about it? This is the most accurate model. We will add the black leather in the circle.

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-24 at 3.02.13 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the Anovos one that was offered by Sell Geek. Still haven’t gotten the belt buckle but I have everything else.
Will they send you the buckle separately, or their design didn't have it?
They've confirmed that the buckle will be sent separately.

Attachments

• ?hash=17777821ea0b7459ba7bb63c5d0830d5.jpg
    ?hash=17777821ea0b7459ba7bb63c5d0830d5.jpg
    810.9 KB · Views: 56
Good luck with this, very interested.

Personally, I think the insignia should be metal. The main thing would be the belt level buckle.
Also the bands that they are on appear quite thick, as with the breast badge is recessed quite deep, but it all gives a good 3D look.

What are your thoughts about this model of belt buckle? Once we are sure that we got everything right, we will start accepting pre-orders on our website.

?hash=33aef325f3d95ecd0882a6a228b0c266.jpg

Attachments

• belt-buckle-model.jpeg
    belt-buckle-model.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 68
I have the Anovos one that was offered by Sell Geek. Still haven’t gotten the belt buckle but I have everything else.

They've confirmed that the buckle will be sent separately.
Can you share the pictures of your buckle in this thread? It will help us to get the inspiration from that buckle.

The white bands are definitely added on top of the jacket, with the inlaid badge backing , it has a real 3D look as in the pic from Frontier.
JACKETstar-trek-v-the-final-frontier-year-1989-usa-william-shatner-deforest-B7TFMNA.jpg

There is stitching around the badge and the front right shoulder, which goes through inside.
I recommend you use the stitching to mount padded pockets inside.
Likewise, have an upside-down pocket going around inside the left armband.
These are not for storing things, but rather to make the pin clasps more comfortable against the body, and counteract the height of the posts.

I feel bad about not receiving the jacket from Anovos. If it came with that shiny satin, I would still be disappointed. Speaking of satin, if you have lining, I feel that it is more durable to use ripstop nylon.

It is really hard to make gold trim look good. The bend always looks amateurish. I would prefer the trim be made from thread, using a sewing machine that makes patches. This will give you sharp corners. You can set it to make two parallel lines next to each other, which creates a groove along the trim.

There is a groove in the gold trim that Anovos used. I don't see any groove in the movie stills.

The bands of the regular uniforms look like the rest of the wool.
The bomber jackets look more special. Maybe use matte velvet for the pin bands, and shiny velvet for the badge backing.
Velvet looks fancy, while not showing permanent pinholes.

There is stitching around the badge and the front right shoulder, which goes through inside.
I recommend you use the stitching to mount padded pockets inside.
Likewise, have an upside-down pocket going around inside the left armband.
These are not for storing things, but rather to make the pin clasps more comfortable against the body, and counteract the height of the posts.

I feel bad about not receiving the jacket from Anovos. If it came with that shiny satin, I would still be disappointed. Speaking of satin, if you have lining, I feel that it is more durable to use ripstop nylon.

It is really hard to make gold trim look good. The bend always looks amateurish. I would prefer the trim be made from thread, using a sewing machine that makes patches. This will give you sharp corners. You can set it to make two parallel lines next to each other, which creates a groove along the trim.

Thank you for your detailed instructions regarding the design and construction of Kirk's jacket prototype.

We are currently in the process of finalizing the buckle for the jacket, and as soon as it's ready, we will proceed with creating the first prototype.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back