Deprecated Star Trek Movie Communicator Grills (FLM Concepts banned)

Re: Star Trek Movie Communicator Grills (Lids) - Now with Preformed Option!

Hello all!
I've also ordered from FLM, I was waiting till Stapleton finished his Star Trek Movie Comms before I ordered. I ordered a set of Star Trek 5 grill and brass mid-plate along with quite a few aluminum mid-plates for the AA/DS communicators and didn't receive them or an email. This list keeps growing!! :(

Now over $900.00, and not a word from FLM Concepts. We're not going to hear a word from her either.

Reposting some helpful links from a few pages back just in case anyone missed them before:

If you paid Shawnee Walls, AKA FLM Concepts, for any items through the US Mail,
you can fill out a mail fraud complaint with the US Postal Inspection Service.

I have posted a negative RPF feedback for this member here, and urge any other affected members to do likewise. It only takes a few seconds:
the RPF

Here is the personal contact information/mailing address for FLM:

Shawnee Walls
104 W Warburton St
South St Paul, MN 55075

Facebook page: Log In or Sign Up to View

Also, to help warn non-members, you can post a negative/one-star review of FLM here on Facebook:

I was wondering what happened with the AA/DS mids she was doing. :(

Hello Stapleton 13 I was going to buy her remaining stock of the AA/DS COM mid-plates. I've got about 4 of them if you need one let me know.

I don't need one myself, but I remembered her telling me she was doing a batch for people, and I never heard one way or the other on that project. Sad that people can live with themselves doing things like this. I'm just glad my parents taught me better.

Star Trek Movie Communicator Grills (Lids) - Now with Preformed Option!

Your work and customer service is what everyone should aspire to! I've had great dealings with you and never felt cheated!!!! Near flawless castings and awesome delivery time! Even if we never ever get grills I will still order another communicator from you in the near future. Keep up your awesome work!!!!! :) FLM could learn from you on how to run a business!

Last edited:

Stapleton- your work and reputation are fantastic- I wouldn't hesitate to order from you again.

I got two of the early ST:III lids from FLM- I just peeked back in, thinking of getting more- what a bummer! I hope another source can be found!

I agree. I have been super pleased with Stapleton's stuff, both finished builds I've seen from others, and kits I've gotten myself.

I would like see this project happen. Does anyone have specs for these grills? I would be very happy to investigate whether anyone here locally where I live (Cambridge, MA) could help us get a set of these made to with the Stapleton bodies—though perhaps this thread isn't the appropriate place. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'd be happy to try to coordinate something. I have access to a CNC router and machine shop locally and a laser cutting shop, though I would need to find someone who has experience in this realm to help. Let me know if folks think maybe I should start up another thread or something to see what we can come up with.

I've not ordered from Stapleton's before but, if you all trust him. I will too. It's just so frustrating when members screw others over like that. Maybe someone should take a road trip to MN. : )

Let's make this happen. A scammer can't keep us from making this grail prop a reality!

I would agree. What we need are precise dimensions and, if possible, drawings. I can do them in Illustrator given the appropriate dimensions, but if anyone knows how to make them in CAD software, I suspect that is what any CNC rig is going to require.

An RPF member has sent me detailed specs. I'm going to investigate trying to get these made locally and will also try to get some quotes from other remote machine shops. If I find out that this is feasible, I'll start a new thread and post a link here. :)

I spoke to Stapleton Productions about this and he is currently working on sourcing the grills himself to directly to include in his kits, so I'll hold off on my own investigations. Hopefully there will be news on that front soon.

I need to be real clear about this. I will try to deal with this, but I cannot promise anything. I can say for sure that it will not be soon. I am putting money aside to have a shop make these, but even that will be at least 10 months away if all goes well. I don't want to make anyone feel as though I don't trust them, but after all that has happened I don't feel I should be partnering up with anyone on this project. If anyone wants to take it on then I fully support the effort, but I do not intend to place myself in the middle of it. I hope you all understand. I have had enough stress to last a lifetime over this.

Please PM me if you ordered a trek 3 lid, and did not get it.

I am willing to wait however long it takes to get it done right. Myron, you will have my order when you give the all clear.

I am willing to wait however long it takes to get it done right. Myron, you will have my order when you give the all clear.

I'll second that. But no rush, and no stress. :)

Same here :) I'll order my Comm kits when the Lid source is a go Myron.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back