Deprecated Star Trek Movie Communicator Grills (FLM Concepts banned)

Re: Star Trek Movie Communicator Grills (Lids) - Now with Preformed and Soldered Opti

just wondering when I am getting my 2 st 3 covers send tracking so I can be home thanks

Re: Star Trek Movie Communicator Grills (Lids) - Now with Preformed and Soldered Opti

Hi,

I had a bit of a bump in the road with the STIII lids, but will be shipping all lids this week.

I will be sure to send tracking information to everyone when they're shipped.

I'm very sorry for the delay.

I'm ordering one of Myrons kits this week, and will be in touch for a bent and soldered antenna grill... :D

It's time!!! My ST3 Communicator is on the way now! Check your PM box, for I am in need of your brass goodies!

Hi All,

I apologize for not posting sooner. I haven't disappeared.

I'm still running into issues with the STIII lids and I need your opinions. They're bent just fine, but I'm having issues soldering them. I'm just not very good at soldering, apparently.

So what I'm proposing is this: I know they can be soldered. Others have done it. I can ship them bent, and you would need to solder them yourself or have someone do it for you. I'll refund the $5.00 each (my charge for soldering) for those of you who have paid full price. I'll continue to practice soldering, and hope to be able to offer them completely finished eventually, but I've destroyed too many lids so far to keep trying with these. I'll practice on scrap brass.

For those that have paid full price for STIII lids, please let me know if this is acceptable to you. I hate to disappoint, but I don't feel confident enough to take more payments for finished lids, now that I've destroyed so many.

Slight pricing change for orders going forward: STIII Beefy lids and STV-VI-Generations lids will be $34 each, and STIII screen-accurate lids will be $33 each. You will need to solder the STIII lids yourself, or have a professional do it for you.

I'm very sorry about this.

Shipping will commence today.

BTW, sorry for the lack of communication the last few days. I just quit smoking and have been having...issues.

Thanks for the update.

Re: Star Trek Movie Communicator Grills (Lids) - Now with Preformed Option!

Thanks for the update and congratulations for quitting smoking. I was up to three packs a day. I put them down 12 years ago and haven't touched them since. It's rough at first, but it gets better.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with the soldering. Your solution is acceptable to me epically if the lid is sent to me already bent. Thanks for the update and good luck with stopping smoking. It's a hard habit to break.

Thanks!

I shipped a bunch on Friday, and shipping will continue this week.

Thanks for the update and I can't wait to see mine! :D

Just received my grills today and they are really nice. All of them were pre-bent, but the Star Trek III Grills still need to side pieces soldered on. For those of you getting the 3 piece Star Trek III Grills, you have to look around a bit for the side rails as they are packaged in folded up paper and tape and almost look like filler, but that was to protect them from getting damaged.

I can't wait to get finally get Myron's kits finished with these beautiful grills.

Thanks for doing this.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back