Deprecated Star Trek Movie Communicator Grills (FLM Concepts banned)

Re: Star Trek Movie Communicator Grills (Lids)

11 ST:V-VI lids done!

DSC00132[1].jpgDSC00130[1].jpg

These are much more substantial, and for now, I would suggest them for cosplay comms, as well as Star Trek V-VI comms.

Again, shipped flat and will need to be bent around a 1/8" rod.

Same price, $30 ea. plus $5.25 USPS Priority Mail shipping per-order within the Continental US.

Last edited:

I was going to run some ST:III lids out of the .040" (1mm) brass that I'll be receiving today, but after running the ST:V-VI lids from the screen-accurate thickness, I think it would just be overkill. I think this thickness will be just fine for cosplay grills for the ST:III lids. I'll run a few of those either later today or tomorrow for those that are interested.

Now to figure out what to do with that 1mm brass...

All lids that have been paid for have been shipped! :)

Last edited:

PMd! :)

And I have news!

I have six (6) Star Trek III, three-piece grills, made from the thicker Star Trek V-VI brass, which will hold up much better at conventions, etc.

The flat width of these is adjusted to make sure the bent width and depth are the same as the screen-used comm grills.

Same Price.

People should start receiving these today.

I just wanted to let you know that when you receive your box, please open it carefully, unfold it, and carefully remove the masking tape holding the grills between two pieces of card stock.

The ST:V-VI lids aren't as fragile, but the ST:III lids are very easy to bend out of shape.

In that note, I have three more of my thicker ST:III lids left that are not already reserved.

I have plenty of the screen-accurate-thickness ST:III lids, and several of the ST:V-VI lids still available.

I'll be running more when these get low.

Thanks!

I had two reserved for you, as you were the inspiration for me doing them so soon. :)

Just so there's no sticker shock, and example of International Shipping on these, because I need to ship them in a box to protect them, the shipping alone on one order of these going to the UK with tracking is $23.50 USD.

Other parts of the world may be a little cheaper or more expensive.

This may cause those outside of the Continental US to skip these, and I'm sorry for these high rates.

If you don't mind waiting longer for them and having no tracking I can get those shipping charges down.

I would also warn that uninsured packages have a slight habit of getting lost, I have lost one to the UK and one to Germany in the past year alone.

Rich

Thank you, Rich. I didn't even consider the insurance.

I've had plenty of packages go missing, too. Some showed up months later, and some never arrived.

Hope to have mine today. I will post feedback soon, and if all goes well I may soon have bodies to go with them to offer.

Thanks! I can't wait to hear what you have to say! :)

I still have three Beefy Star Trek III lids available...

Received my Trek III lid...very very nice....but....I have no idea how to assemble it!

Received my Trek III lid...very very nice....but....I have no idea how to assemble it!

Yes, I realized I do need to put together some sort of graphic explaining where to mount the hinge brackets.

Just so you know, the small end of it mounts just at the end of the 9th slat so that a whole nine slats are hanging off the end.

As for the bend, the centers between the two 1/8-diameter bends is 1.425" (the inside top flat part). That's approximately 1-7/16 inches (slightly less), or 36mm.

I'll create a diagram and post it here this weekend.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back