Star Trek Discovery Phaser by Anovos

Ouch! The curse of the prop companies. They always lure you in by their great prices in advanced sales but now that they have your cash, they pay off their bills. Now you're at their mercy to extend delivery time and delays, but your cash is trapped. Sometimes they come through (at a very delayed time) and sometimes they fold, using your money to cover their final costs, and screwing you in the end.
Personally, I'll pay a bit more to buy it from someone who already has it in hand. Sure, I won't get in on "the smokin' deal", but I KNOW I'll get my item rather than waiting years to get my goodie if at all.

ANOVOS continues to announce new or reissued products but can not deliver the ones already bought and paid for. Classic Ponzi type scheme.

I have never purchased anything from ANOVOS, mainly because their prices are out of my range but even if they would have something I could afford would not even consider it after so many horror stories. QMX on the other hand is a great company, I have all of their Star Trek badges and I did get the Kelvin timeline Phaser for $50 bucks.

Still nothing, I ordered in December of 2017, scheduled shipping was Fall of 2018, they waited until the last day of the fall period, Dec 19th to announce it was delayed 3 more months which will be March 19th. I think ANOVOs should change their name to A-N0-GO

The cat knocked over my Anovos phaser & the back half broke off. So I took the whole thing apart. There is a switch inside for the trigger to activate, but it's not connected to anything. It's like they planned for more, but didn't do it. Also most parts are held together by rubber cement & can be easily pulled apart. And the plastic is brittle. Ok. Enough complaining,

Unrelated to the phaser, but where is your avatar from? It's super cute.

For those, like myself, that think $500 is steep, McFarlane Toys will be releasing a toy version sometime next year with an MSRP under $40. They say the quality will be somewhere between a traditional toy and the high-quality Anovos replica. I'd expect something along the lines of the DST Trek Tech lineup.

Source: https://trekmovie.com/2017/08/05/st...ek-discovery-figures-role-play-toys-and-more/
Thanks for sharing that article, nice to see someone saying they want to give the fans what they want.

Ryan at Anovos support told me today that the discovery phasers are in customs and will ship once they reach the warehouse. 3 months ago the same guy told me everything is on schedule a week before the end of the fall shipping schedule, then on the last day, they pushed it out 3 more months. so I guess we will see.

Man I would love one of these. I was hoping for the McFarland as I cant do the 500 space clams. $150 maybe. I did that for the TOS Phaser and Com from Wand. Why so crazy expensive Anovos?

Man I would love one of these. I was hoping for the McFarland as I can't do the 500 space clams. $150 maybe. I did that for the TOS Phaser and Com from Wand. Why so crazy expensive Anovos?

I think the Mcfarland ones were going to be around $40, hopefully, they end up getting that off the ground again. Too bad there aren't more companies out there like the Wand Company, those guys really packed a lot of Value into their communicators and Phasers. I still can't believe they were only $150!

Update: I did a chat with A-NO-GO support again today, supposedly the Discovery phasers have arrived from China and they are unpacking them now. I don't expect to see mine any time soon though. I'm in Wave 5. I can imagine they still have a lot to do putting the phasers into their retail packaging, then packing and shipping them out to customers. Something odd he said, "we will be shipping these throughout this season" Now being into the spring shipping season, does that mean it could take another 3 months? Somehow I wouldn't be surprised.

Well with Anovos taking 3 months to ship “In Stock Items” it would not surprise me that they will be still “Shipping” these in December :rolleyes:

Update: I did a chat with A-NO-GO support again today, supposedly the Discovery phasers have arrived from China and they are unpacking them now. I don't expect to see mine any time soon though. I'm in Wave 5. I can imagine they still have a lot to do putting the phasers into their retail packaging, then packing and shipping them out to customers. Something odd he said, "we will be shipping these throughout this season" Now being into the spring shipping season, does that mean it could take another 3 months? Somehow I wouldn't be surprised.

Update and confirmation! they have the phasers in the house and yes they bumped out the shipping another 3 months!!! Notice they use that " we are on schedule to ship" a lot, this same guy told me they were on schedule to ship before Dec 19th, then they were on schedule to ship before March 19th, now they are on schedule to ship before June 20th!

Their support is no better than a robot regurgitating lies it has been programmed to give everyone asking about shipments.

A-NO-G0s response;

Thank you for reaching out, and for your inquiry!

According to what our production team tells us here in customer service these have arrived and are being quality checked we are on schedule to ship during this Season March 20 - June 20, Our fulfillment team will send you a tracking number and a email confirmation once they ship!

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we provide you with the absolute best and most actuate recreation we can.

That's right, they will send me A email.

I looked up Anovos complaints and ran across their better business rating F. 125 complaints going back to 2016, it shows 68 cases closed in the past 12 months, but that must be because they timed out or something because if you scroll through the complaints, you will see not a single one has been responded to and only 2 customers returned to mark the case resolved.

It also shows that the BBB send a letter of concern to the company twice about a pattern of similar complaints, no response from the company at all.

Anovos Productions LLC | Better Business Bureau® Profile

Last edited:
Typical. If they ignore the complaints they will simply go away.
"If we don't acknowledge the complaints, they never happened! Ha!"

I will believe these are shipping when people actually receive them. The last I heard, and it was about 6 months ago, there were still people in wave 1 waiting for them and they never received the stand. These are back up on ebay as preorders for about $795. This is why I will only buy from third party sellers who don't charge you until they have it in hand and are ready to ship.

I will believe these are shipping when people actually receive them. The last I heard, and it was about 6 months ago, there were still people in wave 1 waiting for them and they never received the stand. These are back up on ebay as preorders for about $795. This is why I will only buy from third party sellers who don't charge you until they have it in hand and are ready to ship.

Yeah, but I would never pay $800, so I guess I'm stuck with my $500 being held. I want the phaser, the wait is frustrating but what else can I do but come here and bitch about it? I do believe that I will be receiving it eventually , so looking forward to it is all I have left.

Yeah, but I would never pay $800, so I guess I'm stuck with my $500 being held. I want the phaser, the wait is frustrating but what else can I do but come here and bitch about it? I do believe that I will be receiving it eventually , so looking forward to it is all I have left.

I would never pay the $800 either. I'm talking about a company like Entertainment Earth where you can still order one for $495 and don't have to worry about paying until or if they ever receive them. Here's hoping they are actually in country and they might actually be delivered in the next 6 months or so.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back