Staff of Ra Headpiece stand (Map Room Style)

Fenris

Ever since I got my ACME Artifacts headpiece, I've been contemplating on how to display it. I decided to make the display stand look like the map room diorama.

Here's what I've done so far...
Headpiece_Stand16.jpg

And here's a mock-up coloring using Photoshop...
Headpiece_Stand17.jpg

The base where the headpiece rests is modeled after the base with holes where Indy sticks the staff in. I was supposed to add 2 buildings from the map room on both sides of the base, but still haven't finished sculpting them. I'm still not sure if it's better with or without 'em.

The back wall is reminiscient of the back wall of the map room, but not accurate as this is just my own artwork.

Also, the stand can also double as a mini-diorama or base for the hasbro indy action figures.

WOW, that is just plain awesome Fen. How do you plan on applying the artwork and hieroglyphics? They're gonna be incredibly small haha I can't imagine being able to make it legible but this forum surprises me daily. I doubt you'd ever make this more than just a one-off but I'd pay $50-$100 for that stand.....just throwing it out there ;) ;) Keep posting your progress though, I can't wait to see this all finished up!

Well, I plan to transfer the artwork by printing it on a thin sheet of paper and gluing it to the back wall and spraying it over with some clear coat (matte finish most probably).

As for casting, if I could get enough interest, I could do that.

I'd be interested in a kit (unpainted, but including the backdrop print) depending on price...

Maybe throw an interest thread in the JY?

Since I wasn't getting anywhere with sculpting the buildings, I decided to just paint the stand to see how it looks...

Headpiece_Stand24.jpg

I just printed out the design on paper (which was too big, by the way... I miscalculated the measurements) and glued it on the wall... Tried to make it conform to all the cracks I had sculpted on the wall, but I forgot where all the cracks were. Dunno why the artwork and the base's color don't match up when photographed... To the naked eye, they seem to have the same hue. Also, the bottom of the base isn't really that dark.

Headpiece_Stand_AllViews.jpg

Maybe you could print the artwork as a decal same used on modelkits. That way they will conform better to the background.

It looks great! I've been wanting to get a head piece but was wondering who makes the most film accurate replica.

Maybe you could still get hold of RelicMaker's headpieces which were cast from an original headpiece. I think he also has the Raven Bar Headpiece... it's beautiful! Too bad I can't afford it. Hehehe...

Here it is as a diorama...

IMG_8474.jpg

IMG_8475.jpg

Didn't really pose the figures properly... Just put them on the stand and took the pics.

I also really like the display stand! And by the way: Photoshop level: far beyond amazing! I think I could really learn something from you :)

I'll post an interest thread as soon as I can determine international shipping for the item. It's kinda big and heavy and that may be a hindrance for some members to purchase it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back